Trailer Trash

How the heck did the Packers pull that out FRIDAY?!?!?!?! (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did not watch the game but wow, what a finish! All you cheese heads have to be ecstatic.

Oh, this is a running forum, sorry. I got in somewhat speedy miles in last night despite not feeling like a run was in me.  Glad I did.

QOTD: weekend plans?

I actually have some painting planned for the one room in the ouse we have yet to paint since we moved in last year.  Not looking forward to it.  I also have a 30 miler planned.  Just kidding Queen...you're safe.

Have a great one!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a few miles, probably on the rail to trail. Looks like I'll get some sunshine again, if only a few rays here and there!

Then work until 11 at night. Ugh.

There's some snow on the tops of the hills, and DD saw a reindeer yesterday in our back yard. Wait - scratch the rein, it was just a deer.

QOTD: Work. Maybe set up the Christmas tree(s).

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Hi all.  Yesterday did not happen as planned-legs only managed a short jog on the treadmill.  I'll need to make up for it today, but since the wind has died, I think it is doable.

I actually have some painting planned for the one room in the ouse we have yet to paint since we moved in last year.  Not looking forward to it.  I also have a 30 miler planned.  Just kidding Queen...you're safe.

Watch out Queen. Mind games.

qotd:  Oh, swim meets.  Thankfully the kiddos are now in the same age group so we don't have to do double sessions each day, but older DS has a high school meet in addition to their club team.  Thankfully, the pool has a nice network of trails that I can fit in short runs between events.    And we have a holiday party on Saturday-- that'll be a nice break.

AT-runner

Tim

I watched the game last night and was feeling sorry for Mandy and NH and them wham-o. What a wild ending.

Usual SRD, but I'm going to run a few miles to help keep the holiday weight gain down as much as possible.

dc - Enjoy the trails around Paint Branch. I don't know if you saw my response the other day, but that was the neighborhood where I grew up.

QOTD:  DW's chorus has two Christmas concerts this weekend.  I get to usher for both.  Decorating the tree tonight with some adult beverages and long run tomorrow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

AT- I forgot to respond.  Funny that you grew up in the neighborhood.  I can easily imagine the farmland of  pre-MLK park.  I like running around there as it is usually quiet and the trails at Paint Branch and Northwest Branch are quite pretty.  And we actually live inside the beltway, not far from your Y where you swam (and my DS started,too).   small world

dc - Enjoy the trails around Paint Branch. I don't know if you saw my response the other day, but that was the neighborhood where I grew up.

XtremeTaper

I am going to head out in a bit for a lunchtime road run. Nothing special. Just an hour or so of running. I think later I will take both the dogs out for a short trail walk.

QOTD: I think we will  "Christmas-tise" the house this weekend. Put up the tree, find the seasonal dishes, etc. We didn't do this last year as we were out of town half of December including the holidays. Oh, and some running too with the Lady, nothing long, 10 miles max, plus I'll watch the big10 championship game even though my team is out. Edited to add... check my email later tomorrow for a reply from wser.org.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- I forgot to respond.  Funny that you grew up in the neighborhood.  I can easily imagine the farmland of  pre-MLK park.  I like running around there as it is usually quiet and the trails at Paint Branch and Northwest Branch are quite pretty.  And we actually live inside the beltway, not far from your Y where you swam (and my DS started,too).   small world

My uncle still lives on Granville Dr.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I fell asleep during the last 5 minutes of the game.    I watched the re-play this morning though.

I ran 6.4 trail miles last night out on the prairie by headlamp.  I wore my Lone Peaks, which I am deeming too minimal for me.  My calves and achilles definitely are feeling it today and I'm just not patient enough to make the adjustment.  I like the shoes otherwise though.  SRD today.

QOTD: Maybe some running, I need to do some cleaning at my place, and probably a visit to go see my folks.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Will get 6-ish in tonight via headlamp- should be gorgeous, talking highs near 40, will feel like 60!

qotd: I'm going to try and get into the Elkhorns on Saturday- either on snowshoes or I'll be trying some neat Altai skis- almost a hybrid between skis and snowshoes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. For some reason feeling really, really tired.  I was hoping to put in some time on the elliptical  later tonight, but by the time I get home I'll probably end up crashing.

QOTD:  Only working a 12 hour shift today. That will allow me to get out into the woods early tomorrow morning. Probably spend most of the day hunting, maybe get in a run after dark. Sunday will be working a 24 hour shift.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wish I had gotten up earlier because I had an awesome 5 this morning.  The woods were magical.  The trail was lined in golden brown leaves, a low fog from yesterdays rain, sun shining through it, and a blue sky above the fog gave it a pretty purple hue, with the vibrant green trees.  Loved it.  Higher up I was treated to sun shining through the rain drops clinging to the trees..many sparkling crystals.     Then reality slapped me in the face as I was pulled over for speeding in a school zone on the way to work!   That's gonna be over $300 thrown away dollars!!!  No Christmas for me!

QOTD:  We raked up pine needles last weekend and due to the storm we will be racking them up again this weekends.  Drinks with friends and a 20 anniversary celebration with other friends and of course the long run.  Aiming for 30 ... Jamie

runtraildc:  Jamie will  over wind with those mind games seeing as my is shot! 

Xtreme Taper:  Hope you win the lottery this weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wonderful 9 in the bright sunshine over the mountain.

Queen: Ouch!

AT: "... with adult beverages": I knew I forgot something when I was thinking about setting up the tree.  Thanks for the reminder!!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Queen: Ouch!

AT: "... with adult beverages": I knew I forgot something when I was thinking about setting up the tree.  Thanks for the reminder!!

Queen - Double Ouch! That's a steep ticket.  You can always claim it's  a tax deduction for the schools.

Marie - Since we're empty nesters, tree trimming goes much better with a drink or two. Probably some good food and a Christmas movie as well.

XT - Good luck.with lottery.

Good luck to Kelly and Burke for racing and pacing this weekend. Anyone else running?

runtraildc

We're over on the other side of Sligo creek, closer to downtown.  I'm sure your uncle could tell some stories about how the area has changed over the years.

My uncle still lives on Granville Dr.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got in my first training run specifically for the Elkhorn 50K - 5 repeats up Mt Joy ( about .45 miles, vertical gain est 250 ft) at VF NP. Had to walk some of the uphill but downhill was very comfortable albeit a little longer and more gentle than the uphill. Totaled 6.5 miles.

QOTD: Saturday morning run with club somewhere between 6 and 13 miles, post run refreshments at Panera's. Saturday night work. Sunday up in the air.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.