Trailer Trash

Triple record Thursdailies (Read 27 times)

Daydreamer1

Not sure yet if I will run or not today. I was hoping to get out on the bike since the weather is pretty nice.  The main problem is that DW wants me to go see her brother in the hospital. Right now her family is in pretty decrepit shape.  About a year ago her sister went into the hospital for a hysterectomy and they screwed up her airway leaving her with almost no voice. Her Nephew is battling stage III cancer. The list of other ailments that is in the family would take a page to list. The only one of her siblings that is doing well is her brother that has spina bifida. The brother that she wants to visit today just had bypass surgery and the hospital is just screwing around with him now and after 6 days he's still on the ventilator.

So I'm not sure if I'll get a run or ride in or not.  The good side of that is that the legs really could use a rest.

QOTD: Garbage on trails and roads. Do you see a lot of it and do you ever pick any up?  Right now most of my trail running are on trails that don't see much traffic but are easily accessible. The they are all connected by the state forest road. I see a ton of trash. My last several runs I've carried 3-4 beer cans back each time. I often will stop and pick up stuff especially cans and plastic bottles. FWIW, beer cans make up most of the litter for some reason.

Oh yea, I almost forgot to explain the title. This should be the third day in a row that we have record warmth. Going to cool off a little over the weekend though.

LB2

My running has been total crap for March so far. I did get a real nice 6 miles in yesterday. The rain has set in here for a few days. I'll be lucky to get 50 miles for the month. How did this happen?

QOTD: I see trash on the road. Louisiana has to be one of the worst states in the nation for such things as litter in the ditches. However, I don't see much of anything on the trails I normally run because most of them are trails I have made or four wheeler trails that I run. When I do run a real trail in the forest or something, I don't see much at all.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I tweaked my back at the gym yesterday so getting from my bed to work is about all I can take today. This has happened before I last about 3 days..mornings are the worst though.   My husband thought I should stay home but why would I use a day to lay in bed when I can sit here. 

QOTD:  The public trails aren't so bad.  My morning run is through private property that the latest owner has turned into a Mt Bike park. He's kind of junked it up a bit.  I usually pick up small trash I can pocket.   I do leave my beer cans in the woods so thanks for picking them up DD. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Taking advantage of this warm weather while it last, 8 in the mud and slop. What a great way to break in my new shoes.

QOTD: People are absolute pigs! Mattress, furniture, tires, dead animals, and general trash, if there is a area with no houses you can bet there a pile of someone's trash. We just got garbage pickup in our township so I hope it will help out on the road trash. If I'm on a trail I'll pick up trash within reason but road trash is a lost cause.

runtraildc

Got in a couple of miles with our visiting teen last night.  He has a chronic condition that is helped by daily aerobic exercise, so outside we went on a beautiful evening.  He kept saying his dog was tired, but I think he was, too.  And  I just returned from a short, 3 mile hike in the park.  Might be 80F later today, then turning cooler.

qotd:  I see very little trash.  If i do come across it, it is usually a dog poop bag.  Since I don't see it often, or see old looking bags, I think owners are mostly being responsible and taking it with them when they loop back on the trail.  Reading other's posts, I am grateful it's not a big problem on my trails.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran an early 10 miler. Trails were a bit wet, but are continuing to dry up. Saw a few hikers on an AT section, and they were loving the warm temperatures.   Walked 4 miles yesterday in 54 minutes. Not a bad walking pace.

QOTD:  This time of year I see a lot of beer cans on the trails used by snowmobilers.  It's always light beer, which is funny because most of the snowmobilers I see are in need of light beer. I pick up trash often. Sometimes I'll carry it back to the car and sometimes I'll leave it at a junction where I know it will be picked up.  All in all, Michaux Forest isn't too bad for trash.  The AT is usually clear, as most hikers follow the Leave No Trace policy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm on my liquid diet for tomorrow's "procedure"- the joy of it  .  Will take today and tomorrow off- open the door for Queen, Jamie and DD 

qotd: very little thankfully; I'll pick up  little wrappers, etc every once in a while; one thing I have seen that chaps me is some bastard who took the time to grab a doggie pooh bag at the trailhead, pick up the crap and then leave the crap & bag- WTF?  just let your dog shit if you're too lazy to pack the bag out- at least the shit will biodegrade in time, it sure won't in a plastic bag!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

I'm on my liquid diet for tomorrow's "procedure"- the joy of it  .  Will take today and tomorrow off- open the door for Queen, Jamie and DD 

Don't stray too far from the bathroom. It sneaks up on you. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

qotd: very little thankfully; I'll pick up  little wrappers, etc every once in a while; one thing I have seen that chaps me is some bastard who took the time to grab a doggie pooh bag at the trailhead, pick up the crap and then leave the crap & bag- WTF?  just let your dog shit if you're too lazy to pack the bag out- at least the shit will biodegrade in time, it sure won't in a plastic bag!

I agree. Why get the bag in the first place?

My brother was running on the Thunder Rock course in Tennessee a year or so ago and sent me a picture where someone had taken a crap right in the middle of the single track.

1. I could have done without the picture.

2. There are all types of idiots out there on public trails.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I wish I could take advantage of this right now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

No run yet, but I will hit French Creek this evening for a run with the Lady. Looking to get 8-9 miles. I did make it to the planet of fitness at lunch for strength routine. I need to keep buff you know.  Big grin

QOTD: Trails around me are not too bad for trash. I rarely see any, except around certain sections of the lake where fisherman gather. I don't know why it's so hard to pack out your plastic empty tin of worms, wrappers, bottles, cans, etc. I am more likely to pick things up when walking rather then running. Sometimes I might see a gel wrap or two and those I'll stuff in my pockets and throw out later.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Don't stray too far from the bathroom. It sneaks up on you. 

I'm pretty sure the real fun begins this evening with my gallon of "prep" 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

6 miles on the mt.

qotd  not too much trash on trails but Finley Cove rd. is always covered with trash.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First time since last fall on the Mt Joy trail at Valley Forge. I'm hurting on the hills. Have a lot of work to do to by ready for Hyner 25K.

QOTD: Don't see much trash on the VF trails. Don't run Ridley Creek SP or the local park often enough to comment on trash there.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  I meant to hit the trails at French Creek XT but it just wasn't happening time wise.  I would have had time for maybe 2 miles which was not worth the effort.  So I will do something tonight.  Need to catch up with the Warden ya know!

DD - your wife's family is struggling.  Gosh, how does she deal with that?

Warden - hope everything comes  works out for you.  

Queen - get better soon - don't want any excuses when you lose!

wc - Hyner is fast approaching.  I have a count down on my running log and the hills of Hyner are looming!

QOTD: The other day I saw an easy chair with a beer can sitting on it.  It was on the side of a dirt road and looked like someone placed it there to sit, drink beer, and watch the trees.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday