Trailer Trash

Finally...I can breath...it's Friday! (Read 36 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Finishing my first week in my new position at work.  I think I will love it.  I still have many things to learn but it should suit me well.  I got out early for 91 minutes of easy running this morning.

QOTD 1: Is it common fo ryou to stop on your trail runs and just "take it all in", or enjoy the view, or watch the wildlife?

QOTD 2: Any good plans for the weekend?

1. For me, absolutely.  Almost everytime I get out there, these things don't get old.  I am always looking for wildlife, great views, interesting sights, etc.

2. No Cool

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

SRD today. The plan was to go mountain biking this morning with my daughter but we had a good T-storm roll thru during the night so the trails probably won't be real ridable. Don't feel like driving anywhere for better conditions, though after coffee who knows.

Date night tonight for DW and I. Have to go see Red 2 and dinner at a brew pub. My kind of evening.

QOTD 1--I'm always stopping, I blame my slow pace on that.

QOTD 2--No. Not very often I get to say that. The long run I've been putting off will happen in the morning. I may want to head up to Green Bay to be a Packer groupie if I can coerce a friend but probably not.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

7 after work today.

QOTD1: If I see something I like I'll stop.  I had a 3 minute staring contest with a buck last week.  I stopped worrying about pace about 6 months ago and I have been a better runner for it.

QOTD2: Work saturday, work sunday (what's a weekend?).  I'm considering a night run saturday night (ninja style since the park is officially closed at sunset).

**Ask me about streaking**

DigDug2

6.7 on road/rail trail/real trail this a.m.  Ran through a bunch of spider webs, spent the second half of the run trying to wipe them out of my mouth, hair, etc.

QOTD:  Funny you should ask - I just did that this a.m. on a trail I don't normally stop on, but it was a very peaceful "take it all in" moment.  Like Jamezilla, I think my running has improved since I stopped wearing a watch and worrying about time/pace - stopping occasionally is a good thing.

QOTD:  Loading up the minivan and driving to Ohio.

Sandy-2

Rest day #5.

qotd 1: Yes.  Especially because I'm a flatlander, I can't help it when I get to the mountains.

qotd 2: Plan to run for the first time since last Sunday.  Other than that, nothing much.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mecrowe

Computer Geek

5 road miles last night.....I really need to get more consistent with my running.....its so hit or miss right now.  I have really been lacking motivation and drive since Laurel 50k.....so I signed up for another race today.  Hopefully having to train will provide the kick in the pants I need.

qotd:   not really....I should stop and look around more often but being a "numbers" guy, I like to keep an eye on my pace.

qotd2:  I should get a long run in sunday morning, although it will probably be rail-trail, not real trail.  This is our last weekend at home before heading to the beach for a week, so I'm sure it will be plenty busy.  My daughter has a horse show tomorrow and my son has a birthday party to attend on Sunday afternoon.  Never a slow weekend at the Crowe house.

runtraildc

Hi all!

No run last night and am planning on getting to the trails tonight for 4 or 5 miles.  It has been the week from hell, so Friday 5 pm cannot come soon enough.

qotd:  all the time.  It's the reason I'm out there instead of on a road.

qotd2:  grilled steaks and wine tonight (see above).  Depending on the wind forecast, maybe a trip to the beach (and camp overnight).  Kiddos are away and the adults will play!  we'll bring the stand up paddleboards so it won't be DH kiting the entire time.  Should get in a long run sunday morning.  I also plan to sit in a beach chair and not think.

sugnim

Good morning all.  My planned 8 mile run last night was aborted mid-way & ended up being 4 miles.  The wind was so strong, it started to blow my 70 pound dog sideways, and she was whining.  So, we went back to the car & headed home for hot some soup from the garden.

QOTD:  Heck yes!  When I'm out on the trails, I'm not racing or looking to beat any time.  I'm out there to enjoy myself.  If there is a great view, an interesting plant or rock formation, or some wildlife, I'll definitely stop to take a look, and maybe even to take a picture & text it back to my SO who has had to cut her running time short this year as we await the birth of our son this October.

QOTD 2:  Cleaning, running, cooking, gardening, and hopefully enjoying some rain.

Chnaiur

Will do 3 before weights.

QOTD1: Very rarely. I feel I take scenery in better when I'm moving. There is something about running that keeps the analytic parts of my brain quiet. That allows me to stay in the moment as long as I keep running.

QOTD2: Not really. Feel I need to get the kids out of the fog though. I get some sun when I go to work, but the kids stay in the fog at 56F every day of the week.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

Got in 4.3 miles with the dog last night. Ended up being a great run(for a road run that is...), nice gentle rain and the legs felt great. I'm very happy with my recovery from the Speedgoat. After my last race back in April, my running was pretty weak for a month so I was a bit worried how I would recover this time.

QOTD1: Yes, I stop quite often on my runs to take in the views and check out wildlife. Constantly looking around while running as well, but sometimes have to pause to really take it all in.

QOTD2: Nothing too crazy. Planning to test the legs with some good vertical and maybe spectate at the La Luz trail race. I was bummed not to run it this year as it is run on my favorite local trail, but might be nice to relax and enjoy the show.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

muppy

6 or 7 after work

QOTD 1 I stop to look around once in a while, especially like the overlooks. Saw  a red fox a few days ago, just watched each other a bit, then moved on.

QOTD 2 Besides working both days, on Saturday night  the Lebanon county fair has a demolition derby, guess I'll be a nice guy and take the boys!

RabbitChaser

QOTD 1: Yes. If I'm doing a long run solo, I'll stop and try to catch any snakes or lizards that I see. I'll also photograph any that I can.

QOTD 2: 10K trail race tonight. It starts at 8:30 and a headlamp or flashlight is mandatory. It's going to be fun!

Snowdenrun

No running yesterday. But going out for 3ish slow miles to shake out the legs a bit. No boat outing yesterday either. DBF has a knot in his lower back bigger than my fist and can hardly breath right. So instead I spent a good portion of the day yesterday watching Netflix and solving a Rubik's Cube.

QOTD 1: I wouldn't say common, but I have no problem stopping and taking it all in. I generally do it a lot more on new-to-me trails. Sometimes it's less about pace and distance and more about the beauty.

QOTD 2: Oh, you know, just this marathon. And then work. Followed by more work.

Jamezilla- Ninja style run huh? I think you may be on something. I bet people would pay for that ... Big grin

Daydreamer1

I'm working wierd hours today to help out a fellow employee. I started at noon but didn't get up in time for a run Angry. Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep.

Jame - Glad to hear you like the new job.

Snowden - Solving a Rubik's cube? Sounds like having as much fun as going to the dentist Joking. I've tried and failed, just don't have the patience.

QOTD 1: If I see wildlife like a bear or several deer I'll stop. Otherwise I really need to learn to slow down and smell the roses and quit being so obsessed with times and performance. This is why I like doing some hikes with DW. It forces me to slow down.

QOTD 2: Plans for the weekend include school work tomorrow and working a 24 hour shift on Sunday. The good thing is that I should be able to clean up all the school work tomorrow.

Watoni

7 after work today.

QOTD1: If I see something I like I'll stop.  I had a 3 minute staring contest with a buck last week.  I stopped worrying about pace about 6 months ago and I have been a better runner for it.

QOTD2: Work saturday, work sunday (what's a weekend?).  I'm considering a night run saturday night (ninja style since the park is officially closed at sunset).

Oh yeah, Ninja style!

http://app.strava.com/activities/14696185

Every Thursday at 5:30 am ... Ninja into the Marin Headlands ... I only go a few times a year since it is a long drive, but that run rocks

Yesterday's 5.5 miles in Phleger Estate were great too. I had not run hard in a while.

QOTD 1: Yes, I took some pics yesterday but again I am too lazy to upload via the web. I like being able to just attach photos from my laptop.

QOTD: Well, there will be work but I am hoping for a good run Saturday and a good ride Sunday.