Trailer Trash

Weekend Fundaily (Read 15 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Still fighting a bad cold, but went for a trail run anyway. Probably scared all the wildlife away with my coughing, but after I felt a bit better.

QOTD:  Any travel plans or visitors coming for the Christmas / New Years / Holiday season?  We pick up DD#1 at Philly airport on Wednesday. She saved money on her flight by flying to Philly and not DC, but now we get to drive 2 1/2 hours to get her .   To make up for it, we are going to Longwood Gardens on our way home to see the lights and trees. After that, we are staying home.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

6 miles this morning. Bumped into two separate groups of friends, the stops were most welcome. One friend was in the 50 mile last weekend (saw here a few times during the out-n-back parts), so it was nice to stop and talk a bit.

Now that I’m marathon training I ran along the sidewalk, I even tucked in my shirt.

qotd: we’re just staying home. DD and her BF will visit on x-mas eve, but after that very quiet.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to head out in a little for 5-6 miles, a little warmer today- mid 30's

qotd: going over the hill to DW and family Christmas Eve- have to work Tuesday; following Friday we're going to Livingston for a couple of days- snowshoeing and touring around Yellowstone, also some hot spring soaking at Chico

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

6 miles this morning. Bumped into two separate groups of friends, the stops were most welcome. One friend was in the 50 mile last weekend (saw here a few times during the out-n-back parts), so it was nice to stop and talk a bit.

Now that I’m marathon training I ran along the sidewalk, I even tucked in my shirt.

qotd: we’re just staying home. DD and her BF will visit on x-mas eve, but after that very quiet.

Remember to keep jogging in place when you wait at a light, and you must run the extra .08 miles if you need the run to add up to an exact even number (11.92 is NOT a 12 mile run for marathon training.) Also you must post a map of your run to Strava within 19 hours of completion, and bonus points if map makes a funny picture and you link it to a FB update.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Remember to keep jogging in place when you wait at a light, and you must run the extra .08 miles if you need the run to add up to an exact even number (11.92 is NOT a 12 mile run for marathon training.) Also you must post a map of your run to Strava within 19 hours of completion, and bonus points if map makes a funny picture and you link it to a FB update.  

Ha!!  I forgot all that stuff.  I figured all I had to do was to post my weekly mileage and pace.

runtraildc

Afternoon folks. Got in 5 miles with the group this morning. After yesterday's sleet and light snow, it was tricky in many spots. I might have been slow, but I remained upright.

qotd: Driving to MN. Just looked at the forecast, it will be in the single digits most of the time we are visiting. It could be colder, I guess. Spending NYE in Chicago.

Daydreamer1

Got home in time last night for a 30 minute session on the elliptical. Did my hill climb routine and kept my heart rate in the 170s for a sustained 20 minutes of that.  Nothing today due to working.

QOTD:  No traveling for fun.  DS will come home on the 24th.  On the 25th I'll travel to work for 24 fun filled hours.  Same with New Years eve.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Been fighting off some flu-like illness so haven't been running in  the cold.

qotd: For the first time in many years will be spending Christmas with my DD in Florida. Working retail prevented me from making any vacation plans for the holidays, so this is a perk of retirement.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GC100k

Got out for a couple hours today during a window when my girls were in swim practice.

QOTD: Nobody going either direction. Our 4 kids, young adults and teenagers, all live at home and our extended families are too far away to visit.

Sandy-2

7  more marathon miles this morning. Felt sluggish and ITBs a little dicey.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 11.34 confusing miles today.  It was an out and back.  Turned around at 6.2 so figured we'd get 12 miles but didn't.  guess it was shorter on the way back.   Must have ran on the inside of the single track verus the outside.

i am a but sore tonight.  

Qotd:  Maybe head to the beach, maybe stay home.  I will let you know when I know. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've tried saving money with longer layovers between flights.  I realized that I spend way more on drinks and food waiting than I ever saved! 

She saved money on her flight by flying to Philly and not DC, but now we get to drive 2 1/2 hours to get her .   

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You hands down have the worst holiday plans ever  sorry DD.

On the 25th I'll travel to work for 24 fun filled hours.  Same with New Years eve.