Trailer Trash

Windy Weekender (Read 22 times)

Daydreamer1

Probably should call it gusty weekender but that doesn't fit as well as windy.  Getting a lot of gusts blowing through. One minute it's blowing through in the double digits then it gets calm for awhile.  Rather cool so it should be good for a nice run later this afternoon.

Planning on about 6-6.5 miles. DS was just home and said he signed up for a road 1/2 marathon. Right now there is no way I could run one and finish in a decent time.

QOTD:  Just had one in my mind, walked away from the computer and totally forgot what it was .

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 6 on the AT with DW.  We didn't go to trail clean up, like we had planned, because I left my clothes at home.   Would have been pretty cold in my sweaty shorts and t-shirt since it's upper 50's and breezy right now. We were just going to be add-ons, so we'll get or trail volunteer work in another time.

Now going to install a ductless heat and AC unit for our new room addition. Unit cam pre-charged with freon, so it's a DIY'er project.

QOTD:  Favorite thing about Fall?  It's the colors for me, but none yet. We seem to be a bit late this year for color changes. Some trees have dropped all their leaves without any color. Hope we still have some nice color time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

QOTD:  The cooler warm days and less humidity. I really like the fall days when it gets into the 70s  and the humidity is low.  I also like the smells in the woods. Maybe it's just me but I really think the woods develops a more earthy smell.

I could say the absence of snakes but this fall I've seem more then I've seen all year.  I had seen one before going on vacation. Then DW and I saw at least 4 on the rail trail in Michigan. Not real big ones but they were laying curled up on the asphalt and we ended up running over at least 3 of them. Since getting home I've seen at least 3 more.

LB2

5 early miles. Let's felt great after the first 2.

QOTD: The reduction of humidity, which has not yet arrived.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Was planned as a SRD but the weather was so tempting that input in a few miles anyway.

Windy here, not really gusty. It was a nice run.

Stabbed myself in my palm with a box cutter at work. If I should ever join a catholic monastery, I might get some extra credit for that scar. 😳

QOTD: Colors, but this year it is not all that great. The summer was too wet, and now it is totally dry, so most leaves just crumple up in a dreary brown color and fall off. At least the leaf piles are really crispy this year.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

An easy 8 mi this morning. Temp was a bit lower so that was nice. Then I packed my drop bags for next weekend. All set to go.

qotd:  just like the cooler weather and the crispness.  Down here that is rare though.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a nice 10 early this morning.  I hope to get out for another 8-10 tomorrow.  Temps are great.  Should be in the 40's tomorrow am.  I set up our slackline this afternoon.  Kids love it so far.

QOTD: Love the colors.  Love the falling leaves.  Love the cooler and dryer temps.  Love thanksgiving. Oh, wait you said one thing?!? Oops.  I can narrow down what I do not like about fall - shorter days leading to really short days in the winter.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today...we went quad riding which brings you to awesome beautiful places with little effort.  Tomorrow I will do a longish.

Qotd: The colors...but that's just a given.  I actually love how it get darks earlier.  Kinda natures way of telling us to slow down.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

No run today, probably no running for some time to come.

I ran the a 50 yesterday in Big Rapids MI, i use Queen's training program of to little to late and now paying the price. I landed wrong and felt a sharp pain in my left knee around mile 10 and things went down hill from there. The last 15 was a major painfest and i can barely move the knee this am.

Besides that it was a great race, temp was a crisp 33 at the start and warmed up to low 60's in the afternoon. It was a low key race with around 30 maybe 35 runners in the 50, aid stations were well stocked with great people.

I wish I could of stayed heathly it could of been a record time for me.

I limped in at 9:58

qOtD: I have mixed feelings about fall, i love the deer hunting ( i'm sitting in the deer blind right now ) but I hate  the bitter cold and snow soon to follow

runtraildc

Hi all, Got in a couple of trail miles last night and met the friendliest and fluffiest puppy on the planet. Too bad the owner seemed to want to keep her. Ran a little over 5 this morning guide running with my blind friend, who is tapering for her first marathon. 50 degrees at the start and clear as a bell. beautfiul weekend here.

Gator-- sorry to hear about the knee but congrats on finishing your race. I hope it recovers quickly and you're back out running soon.

qotd: leaves and cooler weather. And fall planting. Need to get the onions and garlic in soon.

Daydreamer1

6.5 mile run yesterday.  The first 2 miles were rough. Almost turned around at 1 mile and again at two.  At about 2.75 miles into it finally started feeling better. At some point though I bruised my foot and now it's sore to walk on it. Looks like today will be a bike ride with DW to let the foot heal.

Gator - So while you were distracted posting, that big buck just strolled right on by  .  Sorry to hear about the knee injury.

Runtrail - Planting onions in the fall. Never really heard of that. How does it work?

AT-runner

Tim

I ran the a 50 yesterday in Big Rapids MI, i use Queen's training program of to little to late and now paying the price. I landed wrong and felt a sharp pain in my left knee around mile 10 and things went down hill from there. The last 15 was a major painfest and i can barely move the knee this am.

Besides that it was a great race, temp was a crisp 33 at the start and warmed up to low 60's in the afternoon. It was a low key race with around 30 maybe 35 runners in the 50, aid stations were well stocked with great people.

Ouch. Hope it's nothing serious (says the guy with a 4 month and counting knee injury).

Nice finish time on a bad knee.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Woohoo, I was cleared to start running again this weekend (after NRR surgery earlier this month).  So excited!  Per doctor's orders, I'm starting out with super slow, extra easy, 20 minute joggity jogs this week then gradually building up again.  Itching to sign up for ALL THE RACES RIGHT NOW but I will be patient.

Gator, yikes on the knee pain.  Have you had it before?  Hope no real harm was done and it gets better soon.

Hi FTYC.  I'm a longtime lurker who now posts occasionally, after running into Queen at a race earlier this year (like her I'm in Northern Cal).

Runtraildc, very cool that your blind friend is doing her 1st marathon.  Will you be her guide for the marathon?

QOTD: Crisp temps are good.  Crisp apples are good.  Trees don't really change color much where I am on the coast.  I really like that there's baseball, football and basketball all at once.  Okay I'm a dork.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

qOtD: I have mixed feelings about fall, i love the deer hunting ( i'm sitting in the deer blind right now ) but I hate  the bitter cold and snow soon to follow

9:58 is pretty good with a bum knee for the last 40 miles. I hope you kill a deer. I plan to hunt some after the race in early November. I will try to kill a hog at least. We are overrun with them.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A very nice 7.8 mile rail run this afternoon.  It was fall temps and some leaves over the trail but mostly the trees are still full and green.

Gator - a sub 10 hour 50 miler on a bum knee? Some of us can only dream of that.

Gatsby - take er easy...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday