Trailer Trash

Still raining Mondaily (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

I know the rain shouldn't stop me, but it just feels as if it will never end. I have a really hard time setting out the door if it is already raining. Plan was for 6 to 8 miles today and I will get it done. Yesterday ended up a yoga and walking day, which felt good.

qotd: We did the winter check in the other day, but how about the other, upcoming season? Any signs of spring? Or if not, when do you usually start to see them? I feel we have turned the corner on winter here. Yes, we will still get temps below freezing, and we often get snow in February, but I did see my daffodil bulbs poking through the ground. Last year, spring came way too early and many blossoms froze (and fruiting trees). This year seems on schedule to be normal. by mid-march, we should see spring blooms.

Sandy-2

SRD today.

qotd: This morning it was about 36 deg, windy, and of course 100% humidity, the cold goes right through you.  In 3 days from now they are calling for 80 deg. 'nough said.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran on Saturday and we went climbing on Sunday.  Today is a SRD.

QOTD: Nope, no signs of spring here.  In fact, this is the most wintery it's felt around here.  Lots of new snow and cold temps.  Apparently it's going to warm up here soon though.  I usually don't feel like spring arrives until April here.  March is always very iffy.  That said, I always feel about a million times better once the time change rolls around.  That's my sign that winter is ending.  One month left to go!!!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

I'm now on my 3 day work week with Mondays and Fridays off for a 4 day weekend. I guess it's a semi-retirement with my first social security draw on Wednesday which is nice. Boy, a 4 day weekend--just think of the possibilities. My mushy brain is overwhelmed. 

Went out after getting some maintenance done on my car and did some tempo work on the snow packed roads. Hard to call it speed under those conditions but the effort was intense. It was very chilly with a temp about 9F.

QOTD-  Like she said--

QOTD: Nope, no signs of spring here.  In fact, this is the most wintery it's felt around here.  Lots of new snow and cold temps.  Apparently it's going to warm up here soon though.  I usually don't feel like spring arrives until April here.  March is always very iffy.  That said, I always feel about a million times better once the time change rolls around.  That's my sign that winter is ending.  One month left to go!!!

Yup.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening is the plan; a good day to hit the gym as the forecast high is 5 

qotd: we’ve had roughly a foot or more snow on the ground since November; my guess is Spring will arrive mid May 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So after staying up to late and finally telling my company I was going to bed and they could leave, stay, or sleep over they left.  I wanted to text my Monday morning running buddy and say I wasn't going to go but I didn't.  I hauled myself out of bed, out the door, drove through the snow  and got stood up.  But there was a guy sleeping in the parking lot and because he was right at the trail head I didn't want to pass him and run in the dark.  So I decided to head home and hit another park as it would be light out.  But than I had to poop  to I went home.  Pooped and than popped back in bed for a couple of hours.  No run.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  We have a lot of Rhododendrons, Azaleas, and camellias in our yard and they are all blooming.  Weather wise it was spring last week.  High 60s.  Today it snowed.  On our run yesterday lots of walnut tress in full bloom.

Image may contain: bridge, sky, tree, plant, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Did 6 on the treadmill, it turned into a half ass tempo run with Mr Jangles giving me dirty looks for not taking him out

QOTD other than the 10 or so inches of snow we got last weekend I ld say no, doesn't even look like springs in the same neighborhood. 😢

Daydreamer1

Went into work last night feeling hoping to not be too busy. Did get to start a long winters nap around 12:30. The around 3 AM some idiot who hadn't cleaned their chimney right had a fire and the fire department radio woke me up. No sleeping after that then we got called out and ended up getting back to the station a hour past quitting time .  Third shift in a row I've gotten out late.  Yay for the overtime , boo for the loss of sleep and personal time .    Came home shaking from being so cold. When I get tired my body temp drops in the mornings. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Going  to head out for about 6 miles as soon as I wake up enough to actually walk straight.  Want to do some lifting tonight as well.

NH - On SS now eh?  Did you take it early or at your full retirement age?  I'm trying to figure out what to have DW do as she turns 62 later this year.  Actually I told her she's going to have to wait until her full retirement age because she makes too much money if she works full time to actually get any SS.  She thinks I'm being mean. It told her that's what she gets for marrying a handsome young stud .

QOTD:  Some days it feels like spring. Other times it feels like winter. At this point it looks like it will be right on time but you never can tell. I'm hoping for a rather cold month ahead so when spring gets here it stays.

That said, I always feel about a million times better once the time change rolls around.  That's my sign that winter is ending.  One month left to go!!!

Yippee for the time change. It makes me feel like a new person.

AT-runner

Tim

No running today, but might walk a bit tonight to start up my extended walking sessions.  I like to train to walk briskly, or as John M said, walk with purpose.

Queen (from yesterday) - I hate those empty miles. I have a friend who always has to add that last .15 miles to a run when we get back to the car.  I let him go by himself now.  He's thinks I'm the crazy one for ending a run .15 miles short. I just tell him "but that's where the fuckin' car is".

QOTD:  Days are getting longer, and ice is melting. Otherwise winter still here.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My head is throbbing....this cold just won't quit!  But I did run this morning.  It's about the only activity that I feel normal in when I have a cold.

QOTD: As others said, wet, still some snow, still mostly dark so no signs of spring yet.  It's only February, too early to talk spring.  At least wait for March 1st. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

NH - On SS now eh?  Did you take it early or at your full retirement age?  I'm trying to figure out what to have DW do as she turns 62 later this year.  Actually I told her she's going to have to wait until her full retirement age because she makes too much money if she works full time to actually get any SS.  She thinks I'm being mean. It told her that's what she gets for marrying a handsome young stud .

Daydreamer--Early for me. My theory is life is about living, not trying to collect money. We're ok financially so I can pull it off.  There could be a banana peel right around the corner to slip on and that's all she wrote. I have things I want to do and even if it's laying in a hammock watching clouds go by that's all just fine.  DW has two years to go and she'll also take early. In the meantime she has the health insurance for us.

If your DW wants to keep working while taking early retirement she would be able to make $17040.00  as of this year  w/o it affecting her draw. Above that though the penalties are stiff. $1 for every $2 earned.  You do have 12 months to play a mulligan if she were to suddenly get a windfall job opportunity.

Always a very personal decision with everyone's own unique situation. Good luck with that. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I’m taking mine early as well. I have wages going back to the early 70’s (albeit some for just a couple of hundred dollars )- 47 years of working and paying into SS is plenty enough for me.

I might do like NH does, some part time work here and there.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Daydreamer--Early for me. My theory is life is about living, not trying to collect money. We're ok financially so I can pull it off.  There could be a banana peel right around the corner to slip on and that's all she wrote. I have things I want to do and even if it's laying in a hammock watching clouds go by that's all just fine.  DW has two years to go and she'll also take early. In the meantime she has the health insurance for us.

If your DW wants to keep working while taking early retirement she would be able to make $17040.00  as of this year  w/o it affecting her draw. Above that though the penalties are stiff. $1 for every $2 earned.  You do have 12 months to play a mulligan if she were to suddenly get a windfall job opportunity.

Always a very personal decision with everyone's own unique situation. Good luck with that. 

I like your life theory.  That's kind of how I look at it to. I hang out some on a investing forum and this is a issue that is being hotly debated right now.  It's amazing/sad/disgusting how some people are so intent on amassing as much wealth as possible before they die. I'm convinced some would die young if it meant that their estate would be bigger.

I thought that maybe DW could start drawing early and we could just save that money but sadly as a nurse she makes too much to do that and then there is the health insurance issues and our age differences.  Guess I should have saved a little more in my 20s, that would have put us over the top.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We need a separate old folks thread... I also plan on getting my SSA as soon as possible.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Hmmm, I’ve been reading that if you can you should wait on collecting SS.  But I guess it also depends on your health.

Ive got a little more time to think on it, so no rush for me.

QoN, nice photo of No Hands Bridge, did you do that trail this weekend?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL