Trailer Trash

Sleepless Saturday (Read 31 times)

Could not fall asleep last night for the life of me. I'm running a trail 10k this morning. I'm not nervous about it since I ran it last year and know what to expect. Hmm....

Rest day for the pooch and me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

I was wide awake at 3am and I don't even have a race today. I've got a massage

at 10:00 this morning, hopefully it'll work out some issues in my legs and aid

in my recovery. I may have to postpone my 4/26 50k depending on my recovery

time for my calf, I'm looking at the Mayapple 50k in May (Milburn, NJ).

muppy

Plan on 10 on the rail trail after work, there's 40 mph winds so it will be quite invigorating!

I'm right there with you  having trouble to sleep, for about the last two months I've been waking up at 3:30 AM sharp, only getting a few hours of sleep a night stinks.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Raced a local 10 mile trail race the AM...race report on its way!

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'll strength train this afternoon.  I'm slowly (very slowly) being able to put a little more weight on my heel.  My buddies are running a traverse of Zion today- wish I was with them.

qotd: what's the longest you've been out of running with an injury?  how well did you cope?

this injury is my longest thus far 2.5 weeks and no doubt and more weeks to go; I'm not coping very well- I miss running terribly, I see other runners out and I get a pang of depression- thinking about getting a mountain bike to possibly help?????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had nice ling run in the chilly wind.  Was supposed to be 24 miles, but Mr Garmin says it was only 22.6.  Years ago I would have run around for a while until Garmin hit 24, but nowadays I say screw it.

Muppy, we had the wind that you will have, good luck.  It was gusting up to 40 mph and every time I warmed up, the wind would gust and suck the heat away.

I had no problem sleeping last night.  Maybe it was because the new beer I was drinking at our local brewery was 8.6% ABV and not the 5.6% that I thought it was.  Looks like I need to start bringing my reading glasses when I go out.  Luckily DW was the designated driver.

QOTD:  Torn meniscus a few years ago and I ran two days before surgery and was running a little over two weeks after surgery.  Knock on wood, that's the only injury I've had and that was from slipping on some ice during a race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

mt: I don't have an answer for you, but I can relate, I've been out for just over a week. I've been walking/hiking, which doesn't really cut it, but at least I feel like I'm doing something. I've also resolved (for the hundredth time) to continue my leg/core strengthening exercises while I'm running so I have a better chance of staying injury-free. I feel like a drug-addict trying to live without my drug.

QOTD: I was walking on a treadmill within a week of meniscus surgery, and running

within a few weeks.

Occasional Runner

Holy Hell! I just woke up and it's 1:30 PM. I don't usually sleep that hard after a 100 miler. Anyway...I ran the Zion 100 Friday-Saturday. I finished in 23:43:41. I was surprised to go sub 24 on such overworked legs.

QOTD: I was out for 6 weeks in the fall of 2010. It was about 4 months after I started running and I haven't been injured since. I wasn't adduced to running back then, so it wasn't really a big deal.

Birdwell

afternoon folks.

got in 4.5 on the trails with the dog. wanted to go further, but the combination of new trail exploration plus being pressed for time said to stop.

Lace- congrats on another sub 24 finish!

QOTD: I took all of july 2013 off due to a broken foot. August-October I made feeble attempts to run (>30 miles a month)

Didn't really get going strong until January of this year. I had completely lost my desire for running and was curious to see how long it would take me to get to 400+ pounds. I gave up once I hit 240 on the scale and I started buckling back down to the healthy lifestyle that's served me well for the last few years.

Hope things start looking up for you mtwarden.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I walked 1/2 of a mile today without crutches. 

QOTD:  It will be on and off 2 years here shortly.  The most I have not run consecutively is 4 months.  I may beat that "record" here with my recovery from this, but that's okay.  Forward progress.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

this injury is my longest thus far 2.5 weeks and no doubt and more weeks to go; I'm not coping very well- I miss running terribly, I see other runners out and I get a pang of depression- thinking about getting a mountain bike to possibly help?????

Mountain biking is very fun.  Hiking has helped me as well.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mountain biking is very fun.  Hiking has helped me as well.

^ I think once I get to the point of hiking, I'll be a lot better mentally Smile.  Mtn biking does look fun (and challenging), I'm close enough to work I could probably bike and save some gas $ too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

^ I think once I get to the point of hiking, I'll be a lot better mentally Smile.  Mtn biking does look fun (and challenging), I'm close enough to work I could probably bike and save some gas $ too

I live in a mountain biking mecca. I have a truly awesome (and very expensive) mountain bike. I usually go once a year.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I live in a mountain biking mecca. I have a truly awesome (and very expensive) mountain bike. I usually go once a year.

You should probably lend me your bike for the remaining 364 days. 

Running is dumb.