Trailer Trash

Tropical Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Flo pushing through our area right now. Some local flooding from heavy rain last night. Ran 5 on the road this morning in light rain. No trails today with storms moving through.

Hope taper weeks are going well for our racers. 

9/22 - George (NC24)

9/22 Sue (Mt. Lakes 100)

9/28 - Sandy (Bear 100)

10/7 - GC (Steamtowm Mary)

Who else is racing soon?

QOTD:  What beautiful places are on your trail running bucket list?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'm going to listen to QoN's advice and do a little cold weather taper/training today after work.  It'll only be a crisp 95 deg.

qotd: There are many, but I need to do a R2R2R one of these days.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Humid here, but pretty calm right now. Looks like the bulk of the rain passed us overnight.

No run yet, but plan 6 or 7 later on the local trail or perhaps Coventry Woods. Took a day off from running last night. I wasn't in the mood, I had run 9 days in a row, and was wrapping up a fix for one of my clients. Sat out on the back deck instead, under the umbrella (it was drizzling), had a beer and finished a book I was reading.

QOTD: Running amongst the giant sequoias is on my list. I did a short hike out there years ago (I was injured, knee) and would like to go back.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Ran a nice loop this morning that surprised me. I stopped at Walmart on the way home yesterday afternoon to get some air filters for my home AC unit. I came around the end of an aisle and my knee collided with the corner of shopping buggy being pushed by another man. The corner hit my knee cap, and it hurt bad!! I wasn't sure if I was going to get much done in the way of running today or the rest of the week. However, it was barely noticeable.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

QOTD: There is about a 40ish mile loop that runs through the Gila NF that I found on Google Earth after my trip there in 2015. It branches off a trail that is easily accessible from Hwy 15 above Pinos Altos. I think it goes into the Gila Wilderness Area and goes all up through that area where Micah True died. I'd rather not die there, but I'd enjoy running through it. I would have to plan correctly because there is really no road access that I could find between the start and finish to put a drop bag after it crosses Sheep Corral Rd. I wouldn't mind mapping that route and running it over the course of a day. I ran part of it when I was there in 2015. There are some unbelievable views.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all. Got in 8 very wet miles this morning with my tuesday running partner. the weather radar was pretty clear and the chances for rain were low, but of course, we got caught in a monsoon. At least an inch of rain in the downpours. And of course, I suggested the route into rock creek, along a dirt section then pavement. The creek had flooded right up to the trail and I estimate maybe two dozen 'stream crossings' over the course of the run. It was fun, but I was also concerned for my friend, who is 76 and has a recent eye issue. Slow going and we finished safely.

qotd: Oh, where to start? The list is long, but I really want to go to Patagonia to travel, and of course, run.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Flo hasn't showed up yet here, but is scheduled to by early afternoon.  Hopefully she passes before I head out for 6 or 7.

QOTD:  Some interesting and intriguing ideas.  I had to look up where Gila NF was.  Not too far (relatively speaking) to where I hiked up Guadalupe Peak, the highest point in Texas.  I drove from Houston to there, hiked up then down, then drove back to Houston.  But that didn't answer the question. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

QOTD:  Some interesting and intriguing ideas.  I had to look up where Gila NF was.  Not too far (relatively speaking) to where I hiked up Guadalupe Peak, the highest point in Texas.  I drove from Houston to there, hiked up then down, then drove back to Houston.  But that didn't answer the question. 

That is one I would like to do, too. Another option over near Pinos Altos is the Continental Divide Trail. There is a connector trail off the one I ran that goes up Signal Mtn. (I think that is the name of it). The trail was closed due to fire in 2015, but it actually runs into the CDT. I decided to take the western trail up to Tadpole Ridge and was rewarded with some breathtaking views. I considered running on the other side and trying to get to the CDT, but I didn't want to risk getting in a bind on a closed trail out West. I have run closed trails on national forests around here, but if you run into trouble around here, you aren't as remote as you are out there. I had a blast on the trail I ran, though. It had some fairly steep climbs that were slow, but it was super fast coming down, pretty technical with lots of rocks and roots yet stable.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD...run Weds and than nothing till Saturday.

QOTD:  Valerie posted pictures of Matterhorn Canyon Loop ...looked awesome.  Still have it on a sticky in front of me.  I would also like to hike the John Muir trail.  Havasupai Falls .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 5 unexpected miles last night as DD had volleyball practice.  I hope to get out tonight for a nice run as the rain has passed through and temps should be nice.

Add me to the list AT: 10/7 BlueCruise 50k.  But no taper for me since I really don't train for these things.  

QOTD: Havasupai Falls (maybe a group trip - although I think reservations are 2+ years out???); hike or run around the presidential range in the White Mountains; section hike the AT; R2R2R at the big ditch; anything in the PNW as it all looks gorgeous; Tarawera Ultra in NZ; any 14ker; and recently there has been a very strange desire to look into one of the few beautiful 200 milers here in the US (Tahoe, Bigfoot, Colorado, etc.) despite having yet run a 100.  

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.5 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening; similar planned today (really tough being off 2-3 days a week now )

still getting gear together for the bison hunt this weekend

also I'm cooking tonight- Cincinnati chili- if you've never tried, you should Smile

qotd:  I have a really long list, some of it is running, some backpacking- all beautiful; I've been lucky to cross a few off my list- R2R2R (which I would do again), Joshua Tree Traverse- this run resulted in me falling in love with the desert and last week the Pawnee-Buchanan Loop- one of the nicest mountain loops I've ever done

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm back!  I will have a backpacking trip report for you shortly.  I am also, ummmm, NOT running today.

Wow, lots of big races coming up.  Excited for you all!  Good, I'm going to track Sue and George this weekend, instead of the ex running his 100 in Arizona that I was supposed to be at.

QOTD:   I would also like to hike the John Muir trail.

I decided I am going to start putting my name into the permit lottery for this.  I realize the JMT is not a big wilderness experience these days because it's so over trafficked and popular, but it's probably the best scenery in the lower 48.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I decided I am going to start putting my name into the permit lottery for this.  I realize the JMT is not a big wilderness experience these days because it's so over trafficked and popular, but it's probably the best scenery in the lower 48.

Sierra High Trail- same area, less people, more challenging Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Is there tracking for the three racers this weekend? Would be awesome if someone wanted to start a separate thread with those links (if they exist).  Just sayin...

I will follow, popcorn in hand, hitting refresh, etc.

I'm back!  I will have a backpacking trip report for you shortly.  I am also, ummmm, NOT running today.

Wow, lots of big races coming up.  Excited for you all!  Good, I'm going to track Sue and George this weekend, instead of the ex running his 100 in Arizona that I was supposed to be at.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Joshua Tree Traverse- this run resulted in me falling in love with the desert 

I would love to do the Joshua Tree Traverse.  The environment is so unique and beautiful.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be very fast, as I like to climb on top of things and sit on them.   ....something Sue and I have in common, it seems.

And one for the guys....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Is there tracking for the three racers this weekend? Would be awesome if someone wanted to start a separate thread with those links (if they exist).  Just sayin...

I will follow, popcorn in hand, hitting refresh, etc.

Hmmmm.  I know NC24 always has tracking.  Sue!  Does your race have tracking?  I didn't see much on the website.

Running is dumb.