Trailer Trash

I did the UNTHINKABLE (Read 91 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my first ipod was purchased roughly a year ago- I think I may have been the last person to own one??? Big grin  but I have to admit it's nice when I'm running or working out at the gym, I'll run w/o it occasionally, but prefer running w/ it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

GoRunDad

I started to listen to Podcasts on my long  road runs toward the end of my training for a marathon.  My problem is that I live in Florida and I, uh - hm, sweat a lot.  Kids call me the freak of nature.  I killed two Ipod shuffles in one week!  Luckily the Apple store took pity on me and replaced them (probably because I straight out admitted that my sweat was probably the issue).  They really need to add bluetooth to those things.

Occasional Runner

GoRunDad- When I lived in Naples, I was burning through iPods at an alarming rate. You're lucky because they don't usually replace them when that happens.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

warden, you are not the last one. I don't officially own one yet, but I have been playing with the thought of using DD's second i-pod (which she got from a "Secret Santa" last Christmas, but has never used yet) on very long or tough runs. Haven't used it yet, though, because I'd have to figure out how to work those electronics, and that seems just too hard for an engineer...

I think the music might pep you up when you're almost done.

But still, just unthinkable - we know there's just ONE RIGHT WAY to be on the trails, and that does not involve any music devices or other entertainment, like cameras, Garmins, flow meters,... Approve

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I started to listen to Podcasts on my long  road runs toward the end of my training for a marathon.  My problem is that I live in Florida and I, uh - hm, sweat a lot.  Kids call me the freak of nature.  I killed two Ipod shuffles in one week!  Luckily the Apple store took pity on me and replaced them (probably because I straight out admitted that my sweat was probably the issue).  They really need to add bluetooth to those things.

There are waterproof i-pods around, but they are very expensive.

I usually put all electronics in a ziplock bag on my runs - you never know when a shower is going to pour down, or how much you're going to sweat.

BTW, car keys with electronics in them are vulnerable to humidity, too!

Run for fun.

Ultra Cowboy

I paid big money for the Lifetouch waterproof Iphone case.  For the Sweat mentioned earlier...

WYBMADIITY

Save

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I paid big money for the Lifetouch waterproof Iphone case.  For the Sweat mentioned earlier...

+1...but worth it for peace of mind...I actually got mine used for about $35 through an Amazon vendor.

**Ask me about streaking**

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

What's an ipod???

My favorite day of the week is RUNday