Trailer Trash

Day No. 2 - Saturdailies (Read 25 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Everyone out running? Sleeping in? Taking the day off?

So this is already the second day of the year, and the resolutions are still going strong - at least I hope so.

No resolutions here, or just maybe that I'll have to pop into the LRS for a new set of wheels soon. My old shoes look really sad.

Just took the running clothes out of the dryer to get ready for a few miles. Beautiful winter weather in my corner of the trails, although on top of the mountains, it's icy and frozen with a slight snow cover, which makes for some treacherous running. Too little snow and ice to wear spikes, too much to go without. Yesterday, I was slipping and sliding all over the place. Maybe screw shoes?

QOTD: pass.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Just returned from the running group run.  6 hilly miles, some trails.   Now that a couple of us have taken lead of the group, we're incorporating more trails, less roads.    Nice sunny day here.

qotd:  Anyone for goals/resolutions or whatever you like to call them?  Me, I'm looking at the year in quarters and setting running plans by that.  These first three months training for a longer race and building strength.  then in late April-May, I'll look to switch it up again with a different focus.  Maybe speed?  Who knows.

moonlightrunner

No run today. Plan on cross training...upper body and core workout today. That would be one of my...resolutions...though I hate to use that term in view of my track record.

Last night I did 10 miles on crusty, frozen ice. I used my yak trax extremes and would not have been able to go a single mile without them. By mile 7, my toes we're in agony from running up against the chains and every mucle in my legs we're fatigued from the alteration in my gait. I need to figure out new winter footwear. Firm enough to stand up to wearing my yak trax but flexible enough to not to alter my stride. It looks like the second half of the winter is actually going to contain winter weather.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Got in 4.4 miles yesterday and my knee felt pretty decent!

Moonlight that stinks!  I have a pair of  Kahtoola micro spikes and I never  noticed them altering my stride or chains rubbing my foot.

QOTD I don't do resolutions. If something in my life needs changed I just do it. ( except losing weight, I'm still quite voluptuous)

moonlightrunner

Got in 4.4 miles yesterday and my knee felt pretty decent!

Moonlight that stinks!  I have a pair of  Kahtoola micro spikes and I never  noticed them altering my stride or chains rubbing my foot.

QOTD I don't do resolutions. If something in my life needs changed I just do it. ( except losing weight, I'm still quite voluptuous)

I wear water shoes in the winter. They are kind of mooshy and soft all the way around and don't stand up well to the chains. If I wore real shoes there would not be a problem. But I hate real shoes!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NHLA

2 miles speed work thurs

14 miles trails fri

12 miles fire rd. today

Crazy warm weather.

2130 miles last year.

qotd  run more nx year

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed a few minutes ago. Had a busy night at work . Have a few things to do around the house then I'll head out for about 7 miles on the road. Wanted to get up on the mountain, but that's not going to work out today.

QOTD: I use the new year to redirect my goals.  This year, as always, it's working on getting my weight down to where I want it to be.  Going to be working quite hard the first two months to drop weight..  Also have a more detailed plan to regain strength and flexibility.  Overall I want to get in 1500 miles of running and 1500 miles of biking.  Planning on a long race at the end of the year. Most likely either Tussey Mountainback 50 miler, or Oil Creek 100k.

Gator eye

We did 12 on ice and snow covered roads, Mr Jangles gave a rather big raccoon a good shakin half way through the run. He tried to carry it home but I had him drop him off at a trap set of one of the local trappers. I wonder what he'll think of a dead coon by his trap but never touching it.

QOTD; nothing here.

Sandy-2

10 mi this morning.  Started out kinda quick but then yesterday's hard, hilly single track took effect and I was struggling at the end.  A nice day for a run though.

qotd: I need to do more core exercises.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Sandy-2

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.  Another good thing about the kids visiting.....  supplies from home.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL