Trailer Trash

Just Another Day in DC Fridaily (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Days like today always remind me of why we moved away from DC.  Probably a mess down there with traffic.  Good luck runtraildc.

Nothing today. Leaving at lunch and riving to Chincoteague for the weekend.  2 long flat runs planned. Hope to get up early tomorrow and get 14-16 miles in. 1/2 that planned for Sunday.

QOTD:  While I was packing, I grabbed a running vest that I've had for 17-18 years. Still in great shape and no bad smell.  What's the oldest piece of running equipment that you use on a regular basis?  Has to be that Brooks vest for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 4.5 mile run last night.  I truly did not want to run but towards the end of the run I was reminded why I run.  I felt great.  I need to get some mileage over the weekend though and not sure when it's going to happen.  Busy weekend!

DW says to me this morning - "Oh today's a big day.  We're getting a new president." My response - "That's nice..."  I didn't care about politics when the campaign was happening and I sure don't know either.  Just another day.

AT: You really need to just buy a house in Chincoteague.  You guys are there all the time.  I don't blame you though.

QOTD: Hmmm...I am not sure.  Maybe my 2011 BluesCruise hat but really that is not super old.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Waffling about running today. The flu/cold/crud is on it's final stages meaning I am better but just still lacking some energy. Best case... a few miles later but the cold rain is about to start. Worst case, some gym work or total slacking.

QOTD: I have some fairly old (10+ years) tech shirts, but I have some socks from RRS that are even older. I don't wear the socks much anymore, as they are white and a bit thinner than what I like for the trail, but they still get used sometimes for road runs or house wear.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

4 nice miles in the dark this morning. There were good parts and bad. But it got done. It is still quite muggy and warm down here, sweating like a pig. I don't think pigs actually sweat, but that is the saying.

QOTD: I don't know. I guess some Saucony Peregrines I use when I turkey hunt. I think they are about 5 or 6 years old. I did actually run in them a few weeks ago. They still have great grip.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a glorious 5-ish mile run in the snow yesterday evening- temps above (yes above!) freezing.

I've been testing my shoulder out at work on their Nordic Track weight machine- doing chest presses and lat pull downs with light weights and high reps (20+). I've been slowly bumping the weight up. I'm probably a week or longer out from resuming my normal strength routine.

qotd: haven't been running too long (5 years this spring), but still use some Darn Tough socks that pre-date my running

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing...it's cold and rainy man.  Going to the gym at lunch so maybe I"ll run 3 on treadmill and than workout.

QOTD: Well the oldest piece of running equipment has to be me...and unfortunately I do smell.   I have a pull over Nike windbreaker that is pre Mike so probably 20 some years.

XT:  It's Friday go straight to the beers.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I'm sure the news media is loving today. They now have 4 years of someone who will say what they think and how they feel not just parrot whatever it is that the gods of the media want them to say.  This should give them tons of fodder to waste time on discussing each and every tweet. For me it's just another reason to not watch the news.  Oh well, such is life.  I have more important things to ponder, like do I go running in the cold rain today .

At some point I'll probably get out for 5 - 6 miles. I'm falling behind again.

QOTD: Not really running gear per se, but I have a cycling jersey from Performance bike that probably dates back to the early 2000's. It's a long sleeve with a hood and I used it heavily when I was biking year-round. It's still my go to jersey for  cold weather running.  Made in the good old USA it's much tougher than my other more expensive imported jerseys. That thing has seen a lot of cold and sweat and it's in good shape and should be good for a few more years of running and shoulder season biking.

Sandy-2

URS. Actually I was planning to run this morning, but bagged it since I didn't sleep too well last night (2nd night syndrome).  Then after work today we stopped by a pub for a few pints so I really bagged any idea of an after work run.

qotd: I have an old Brooks pullover tech shirt that is very warm, down it TX it doesn't get worn often so it'll probably last a lifetime.  Also I had a fleece pullover that my DD and I traded/sharred, but she lost it in South Africa during last summer's 1000k, evidently it blew away in a dust devil, an epic demise I guess.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

AT: You really need to just buy a house in Chincoteague.  You guys are there all the time.  I don't blame you though.

The condo is enough for us.   Plus brother and I need the rental income to justify keeping it.  House might not make the numbers add up.

Dd -  Performance made the best stuff years ago. I have a pair of bike bibs from mid 90's that I still wear.  New stuff wears out in a few years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rest day based on the weather report. I was planning one in the next day or two anyway, but the weekend looks better for running.

qotd: Does it count that I have race shirts I've never worn that go back to the 90s, possibly even the 80s? I also retired the first race shirt I ever got from the 1972 national marathon championship.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.