Trailer Trash

Soaking Saturdaily (Read 27 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

I got up this morning, grabbed the pooch and headed out for a run. It was just in the gravel bike path with a couple bits of single track...but quite enjoyable. The Pointer was feeling pretty friskey. It felt good to go out and get it done early. It is now raining and is supposed to most of the day. I would not have minded a soaking downpour while I was out running.

Qotd: with the arrival of summer and got weather, what essentials do you depend on? Mine are my hydration pack for long runs, a hat for deerfly season and deepwoods off! I also have to take one of those absorbent spongy swim towels for all the sweet.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I went out at sunrise with the pointers and logged 7 leisurely miles. We stopped a lot to play and screw around. I think road runners would call them "Junk Miles", but I think they were pretty awesome.

QOTD: I need to a good hydration pack in the summer. Nothing else really changes for me as it gets hot out.

The Pointer Sisters!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

5.5 miles in the humid heat, likely before the storm sets in. Storms and rain forecasted for later, but that won't bother me, as DS is having his birthday party (early, because his birthday is after school has ended), and we'll be inside a building.

moonlight: Yay, you got it done! Glad you had a nice run.

Kelly: Great picture of the Pointer Sisters! Looking young and strong.

QOTD: My handheld water bottle, and lots of insect repellent and sunscreen. And I always have a towel in the car!

Run for fun.

LB2

Heading out of 7 to 10 in a minute, probably closer to 7. I'll start focusing an effort toward something on Monday.

Kelly: My buddy, Dana Miller, ran one of his dogs to its death in the Wasatch once. It was dalmation, and it happened somewhere beyond Richard's Hollow after that big climb out, where he almost ran me to death, too. Those pointers are beautiful, my favorite breed.

QOTD: The heat down here is really not suitable for human beings, so I focus on hydration for anything out beyond 10 miles. I feel like I can run 10 miles through Hell with nothing if it is only 10 miles. If it is the 10 miles between mile 20 and 30, or even between 10 and 20, I better have started drinking early in the run. Because I most often run loops between 3 and 10 miles in training, I normally use a couple of handhelds.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Happy weekend.  DW and I ran 5 easy miles on the trails while I broke cobwebs.  One of these days she's going to have to take the lead.  Toe feels pretty good after cortisone shot.  I'm going to take it easy for a week or so to let it fully heal.  Making some summer running plans to get us to l Labor Pains in September.  Thinking of a fastpacking weekend or two and will probably my Quad State AT Run where I start in PA go to MD do the 2 miles in WV and end in VA.  It's around 48 miles.

QOTD:  Always in my car for summer = bug spray, suntan lotion, towel, dry clothes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi Trailers,   Got in a miserably hot and hard 4 mile run earlier.  Hamstring was ok, heat and humidity was difficult.  Made my running buddy walk a lot.

qotd:  Based on this am's jog, I guess I need to bring my handheld on even the shortest of runs.  Or maybe do more dawn runs.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day.

QOTD: I dunno...still trying to figure that out. Running sneakers I guess.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Kelly, I didn't realize you had two pointers. They are great dogs. Great running companions.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

dpc3

Adjusted to a quick 4 miles with the devil dog to get home to run errands and get the kids out of the house. Will go longer tomorrow.

QOTD: Anything that holds water, handheld or pack. Oh and for my ginger self sun screen!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

QOTD: Almost forgot my most favorite accesory: mint soap!

I have a Burt's Bees body wash with mint and rosemary, it cools me down quickly after a run, and I never can resist buying soap (mostly with mint oil in the summer) at fairs and festivals. I just got a "mint chocolate cake" soap at the Memorial Day festival, and I tried it out today. Great for cooling, but for my taste, it could have even more mint. I like it spicy!

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

5 on the home trails today, and then straight into the pool! It's gorgeous out there, but as heavy as the air is I'm betting this evening will bring thunderstorms. ah, yes.. rumbles of thunder as I type this. sweet.

qotd: UD handheld and this shea butter/frankincense stuff I whipped up this winter for cracked feet but it turns out if I put it on my temples the bugs stay away for the most part

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went Mt Biking with the old man...now seeping an ice coffee hoping it will givpe me the energy I need to get some chores done.  Long run tomorrow and then friends fir a barbeque so need to get ready today so I can kick back tomorrow.  Smile

qotd:  extra water fir Earl...adds a couple of pounds to the pack.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Afternoon Trailers!  Lace- glad to see you back   Got a nice 15 mile run in w/ the local Ultra group, they are revamping the Elkhorn courses, taking away the only road section in the course (23k, 50k and 50 mile) which was about 2 miles, now it is pure unadulterated single track!

qotd: always plenty of water, I tend to cramp a lot so rely on Endurolytes and SaltStick too, if it gets too warm- a headlamp 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √