Trailer Trash

Gold Medal Weekendaily (Read 17 times)

Sandy-2

Did 18 early this morning, went up and over Jangsan on the single track (about 8 mi) then down toward the coast. Ran along the hike/bike over Delmagi Hill on the way back. Although it was brutally warm and humid there was a breeze and actually it was a good run. I took it slow, fueled and drank well so it worked out great, foot was really good too. I'd say it was even.... Fun!

But actually the most fun was about 2 miles from the end I ran by this huge construction site (70 story building and hotel complex on the beach), they were spraying the trucks and road to keep the dust down. When I saw them I asked them to spray me down 'cause I was boiling. They were hysterical that someone would want to be sprayed down, but they did and it felt totally great!!!!  Temps were about 90 by then, there was a lot of laughing.  Very fun. Shows ya, listen to Queenie!!!   

Good luck WC and MT!!

Qotd: Following the Olympics?  Casual or big fan?

Im a big fan, especially the T&F and Marathon of course. I'll watch when I can over here but the time difference might be screwy.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Got a lot of chopping, whacking, spraying and mowing to do today.  The yard is looking really nasty.  That's the problem with rain. Without it the wells run dry and the farmers suffer. With it things grow out of control and it takes my time and money to get things under control.

I just threw down the gauntlet to DS. He got a new $1800.00 mountain bike so I told him we could go riding tomorrow and I'd show him some trails. I'll bet he wimps out on me .

Planning on getting in about 8 miles up on the mountain late afternoon into the evening. A mix of logging roads and state forest roads.  It will be either uphill or downhill. Time to start training for Tussey.

QOTD:  Probably not as much as in the past. Being in Brazil with all those problems has really soured me on the event for some reason. I know it shouldn't because it's about the athletes  at this point, not about the corruption.

So I guess you could call me a casual fan.  Several years ago when it was in Greece I really followed the rowing and kayaking events and I would probably watch those again if I get the chance.  I might also watch the Tri and bike events.

Edit:  I just read that The USA Men's basketball team walked into a brothel. They claimed that they thought it was just a regular spa .  Yea right guys .  Maybe I need to follow the Olympics a little closer.  Start a new event. How many bordellos can you sneak into without getting caught .

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had to cut our run short today. She was getting some weird flashes in her eyes, like floaters, and it's not the best idea running on twisty trails when you can't see 100%.  We took some roads back and ended up with 8 miles.  By the time we got home she was getting back to normal.  She's never had this before. I've had it 2 times and it's not fun.  Both times I was getting over being sick, so we'll keep an eye on her.

Hope George and Mike are doing well. I envy them.

QOTD: Yes, yes and yes.  DD#2 know the girl who just won our first gold in shooting. She went to WVU with her and they had Biology together. I coached against Hali Flickinger in swimming for years. She made it in the 200 fly and has an outside chance for a medal. Nice kid and worked her butt off to go along with her talent.

I really enjoy the Olympics and like seeing the sports you rarely see.  I don't want to ever watch the US basketball team play (why cheer for pro's beating up on Croatia) but will stay up late to watch team handball or field hockey.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

9 miles at Lake Summit. Group run. Looks like I may have put together a 3 runner team for 50k.

A friend suggested a relay would be more fun because I could enjoy the Bands, beer, and food trucks.

This is a three day music festival and camp out.

qotd  watching now - watching later.  The bike race was narley at the end.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 8+ this am ...and the humidity is back! 

Jealous of wc and warden.  I am sure they are having a sufferfest good time.

QOTD: Yes, mostly casual though.  We like watching a bunch of different things.  DW played v-ball years ago so we always watch that.  The bike race was cool this morning - all those twists and turns made me dizzy just watching.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It was a sufferfest. Elevation and climb were more than I was prepared for. Was going to miss the cutoff time so DNF anyway so stopped at the prior aid station and followed the 23K runners in. I did have a good time anyway.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

"Ran" a 10k road race this morning in coastal Maine.  Miserable- foot issues, out of shape, blah, blah, blah.  Did have a lobster roll post-race so that part was good.

and saw my nieces and nephew run the kids 1 miler, do that part made the morning.

qotd- yes.  Love the Olympics for many of the same reasons AT gave

AT-runner

Tim

Long run with mix of trails and logging roads, ended up with 16+.

That time when you run technical rocky trails for 12 miles without so much as a slip and then get to a short gravel road section and do a spectacular superman after tripping on a pebble. Should have stuck to the trails! This is taken after I cleaned all the rocks out of my hand. We still had a ways to go to get back to the car and I was pretty stiff coming downhill.

George - sorry about the DNF. Can't wait to hear the particulars from you and Mike.

Dc - I love lobster rolls. Sounds like recovery is going slow on that foot.

muppy

6.2 miles  yesterday after work,  ranked pretty high on the suckage scale was 90° with the  A 76° dew point. I'm ready for fall!

Glad you still had a good time George!

AT, hope that heals up quick!

QOTD I  try to watch when I can, but I don't have much free time for TV.  I try to record the track events at least  to watch later .

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for some mountain biking. As normal DS wimped out and will be sitting at home so I'll be going it alone.

Sorry to hear about the DNF, George. At least you had fun and got to see some scenery a lot of us haven't.

AT - That looks like it requires an IV. Not that you really need it but that vein is just begging for one .

Runtrail - The first time I got to Maine I had to ask what a Lobster Roll was . And that was just 8 years ago not way back when I was a dumb kid. For some reason I thought it would be something more then what it was.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - That looks like it requires an IV. Not that you really need it but that vein is just begging for one .

My arms are a phlebotomist's dream. If you can't find a vein on me you shouldn't be trying. I get blood work every 6 months for thyroid levels due to Hasimoto's and they always jump to get me as a patient.