Trailer Trash

Wonderful Weekender (Read 21 times)

runtraildc

Warm and sunny now, so I'm heading out the door to meet the group for 5-6 miles. Cold front will come at lunch and the temps will drop down to 'normal'.

qotd: pass

Daydreamer1

At work for 24 fun filled hours .  Wishing I could be rich instead of beautiful .  Not sure we will get any bad storms. Radar shows them going north of us at this time but that could change.

QOTD: What's on the menu for the weekend at your house?  (just trying to see who I want to visit ).

I brought in a bunch of fruits, yogurt and some weight watcher meals and I might grab a veggie sub from Subway this evening so nothing special for me.  Although my partner just made some bacon and eggs which was pretty good. But no toast, she's going ketogenic. Maybe I'll try that. I think I could get used to eating 2 lbs of bacon a day.

Gator eye

Mmmmmmm bacon

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

12-ish miles in today; trails are challenging- what was thawing snow with lots of deep footprints in it, are now frozen solid.  John M's saying of run gently out there definitely applied today!

qotd: pot roast, mash potatoes, carrots tonight- I'm hungry! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

8k chilly chalenge  39.51 2nd AG  hilly course but all the courses in Asheville are hilly.

Good chilly at the end of the race. Hard to pick the best of 12.

Ya'll would like this race. $30 for race tee shirt and chilly!

qotd  pork tenderloin and twice baked potatoes and salad.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Glad I got my 10 miles in earlier. They're broadcasting severe t-storm warnings for the area now. And I need to leave for work within the hour.

qotd: leftovers, frozen dinners, and fast food most likely

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

An easy 4 this morning. My day did not go as planned. I did get an enormous amount of work done around the house. Then, I got a flat on my truck. I just bought 4 new tires in the last week or so. I got a nail somewhere. I'll get that patched Monday.

QOTD: Red beans and rice today. I don't know what tomorrow holds. It will be another busy day.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Proud to say I finished my 50k today.  It was hard, under training is overated.  Midway a woman came up and ask if I was Sue Piscatella 😉 Come to find out it was Gatspy... Who occasional says hi when AT calls out the lurkers.  I told her to show up more...we need more woman!  PS. She kicked my ass!!  And I was a little said she didn't address me as Queen 

Qotd: Except for Warden and Nhla what a bunch of crappy meals!  I got myself a frozen pizza and added green olives.  DH out of town..  Ge would never go for that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

I ran 6.5 on snow covered trails at Donald park. Only an inch or two of fresh stuff which made it very pretty but the traction issues really aggravated my achilles. Think I'm gonna have to stick to roads for a little longer. Hopefully something a little longer today. Have to see how it feels once I get out and going. Some weights and core work too.

Qotd: Except for Warden and Nhla what a bunch of crappy meals!  

QOTD--LOL! Yeah, my thoughts too. Queen, you'd be proud, we made up a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and paired it with some belgian white ale. For the record I pair about everything with some white ale.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Qotd: Except for Warden and Nhla what a bunch of crappy meals!  I got myself a frozen pizza and added green olives.  DH out of town..  Ge would never go for that.

Working Saturday and Sunday from 6-10 pm puts a small crimp in trying to prepare a decent dinner. Leftovers are from a barbequed pork roast earlier in the week. That's the general pattern: fix a large meal or two early in the week and leftovers the rest of the week.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've had tendonitis in my heel/ achilles for years!   Not to discourage you just to commiserate.

. Only an inch or two of fresh stuff which made it very pretty but the traction issues really aggravated my achilles. Think I'm gonna have to stick to roads for a little longer. Hopefully something a little longer today. Have to see how it feels once I get out and going. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Heading out soon for a 4 mile jaunt along the creek with a friend. Today is one of those days I need to enlist a partner to make sure I get in a run. It's also 40 degrees cooler than yesterday with a brisk wind.

Queen-- congrats on your race yesterday!

qotd: yesterday was leftover pho (homemade), and tonight will be fried rice (made with other leftovers). Yeah, it's one of those weekends. Not exciting, but I am holding off on new groceries in order to finish off what we already have.

Sandy-2

Great early morning running weather both days down here.  I did 15 yesterday and 11 this morning.  I think I'm really turning the corner on the lower back issue.

Yesterday we took a drive towards the coast to the Anahuac National Nature Preserve. It's basically a huge marsh area that you can drive/walk around and see lots of migrating birds. Plus they have alligators!!!  Not that we're bird watchers, or even know what we're looking at half the time, but it was really nice.  Highlights included some pink and white egrets, great grey herons, a burrowing owl, about a million different ducks, a road runner (yes a bird not a person), and a huge alligator.  It was just a nice day to be outside.

qotd: we stopped by our favorite Thai restaurant on the way home.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Still under the weather with this flu bug.  Walked a bit yesterday when it was warm and before all hell broke loose with winds and hail and lightning.  Temperature dropped 30 degrees and tornado warnings all around us.  Today was cool and windy (like dc's weather) and DW dragged me out for 5 miles on the cross country ski trails.  Saw 2 MTB'ers out there and the man had a dog on a leash and the dog was running right along side of the bike.  Wow, I never had any dogs that I'd trust doing that. Felt pretty crappy the whole run, so now back home and I'll watch TV for a bit.

Queen - Great job, and nice you got to see Gatsby, even if she didn't curtsy and kiss your ring.

QOTD:  DW saw a video on "Tasty" and so she's making Carne Asada Fries.  Looks good. We had then from a street vendor in Portland once and loved them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for a short run. Probably about 5 miles. Energy and motivation are low at this moment so it will probably only be about 5 miles.

Queen - Congrats on the 50k finish.

Still under the weather with this flu bug.  Walked a bit yesterday when it was warm and before all hell broke loose with winds and hail and lightning.  Temperature dropped 30 degrees and tornado warnings all around us.

At - Hope you're feeling better soon.   I saw that you all had some storms roll through down there.  It seems you all get them far worse then we do up north here. Not that I really want the real bad ones but it would have been nice to get more rain.