Trailer Trash

No Sun Yet Sundaily (Read 44 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I'm heading out soon for 25 miles on Antelope Island for my last long run before my 100 miler. Should be a perfect day for running long.

QOTD: Does the time change screw with you at all?

I normally wake up between 3 and 5 AM and I travel within several different time zone a lot, so a 1 hour adjustment doesn't bother me at all.

moonlightrunner

It looks like MAYBE spring has made it to my part of Michigan. It is in the 40's and raining.  I don't mind the rain because it will help melt the remaining snow.  I am sick of snow...and hope the storm out in Colorado does not track this direction!

Lace:  Hope you have a great run today.  I am looking forward to a new season of your race reports.

I have not yet begun running regularly since my surgery.  Until I can consistently get my protein intake to the required 60-80 grams per day and my calories to 1000/day I don't think a training program is a good idea.  Right now I am walking with some light running sprinkled in.  I've lost about 40 pounds...and running feels much better than it ever has (well...since I was very young anyway). Stairs (up and down) are pain free now, and that is really nice (since I live in a third floor walk up)  Eating is still very difficult, but that is normal.  I have found I am lactose intolerant now...and I will miss cheese! But it is a small price to pay for being pain free.  I've read about a couple of very successful runners who are also post gastric bypass, so I am encouraged.

No run or walk today.  My son is being deployed.  He leaves for Mississippi on March 15, then (on an undisclosed date) he will leave for Afghanistan. He is his Gaurd unit's exec officer, so he will leave before they do.  I won't see him for a year!

Happy trails everyone!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

The pooch and I had a nice easy 4 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: No it doesn't bother me much.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

The trick worked, setting ahead the clocks already last evening, so that everyone would go to bed early and have the adjustment done by today already. Well, more or less.

Planning on a long run today, as soon as breakfast has settled. There's still lots of ice around on my trails, with some muddy patches thrown in, so it will be an interesting run.

lace: Hope your long run will work out well.

moonlight: Brave progress! Messing surgically with the digestive tract is never easy to overcome. Since my gallbladder surgery, many things have changed for me, too, in terms of food tolerance. It takes a while to adjust. Hope things will continue to go well for you! Good luck to your son, it's hard seeing them leave for such a long time.

TT: Sounds like a nice start into a great Sunday!

QOTD: No, I usually adjust within the day. Also used to crossing the time zones, so my body must have developed strategies to adjust quickly.

Run for fun.

muppy

Hope nobody minds if I join in here, maybe it will keep me more accountable?

Plan on 4-5 after work today.

For last few weeks I've been waking up an hour or so early, so now I should be back on schedule!

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

I got in an easy 6 recovery miles at approx. 12:00 pace. Beautifully warm but a bit overcast today.

QOTD: it really doesn't bother me much. I love having late daylight since I do a good bit of running in the evening.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice, easy 5 miles along the Yellowstone- elevation gain.......... 0' Big grin

qotd: I really wouldn't mind the time being one way or the other- I really hate the fact that it changes; maybe Montana will follow suite w/ AZ some day Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Snowdenrun

Just got back from an awesome hour and a half trail run. I felt like I could have ran all day long. Too bad I have this responsibility called work...lame.

QOTD- Time change doesn't really screw with me, I just work up an hour later than I meant to. My cell phone which doubles as my alarm clock apparently doesn't change the time on its own anymore in its old age.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the day off after yesterdays 50K. I am sore today, due to falling off the training the last two weeks.

QOTD:  Yea the change throws me off.  But since I have been in no routine the last two weeks I can start fresh.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Just got back from an awesome hour and a half trail run. I felt like I could have ran all day long. Too bad I have this responsibility called work...lame.

Work is such BULLSHIT!!!

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning and did my run after spending the day in the city.  On the run I sort of went back to all the major sightseeing spots while going along the Siene river.  There were a few runners out and about.  Ended up doing 15 miles.  Considering Friday's jaunt, it was a grunt to start, but once I got 30 or 40 minutes in I felt much better.  Ended up going at a pretty good clip at the end because it was starting to get colder after sundown.  Made it back just in time for a quick shower before my planned dinner with colleagues.

But before all that I went to the Musee d'Orsay.  Awesome museum with a ton of Impresionist by the way.  Lots of nudes which is always a plus.  But among all the Monets, Degas, Van Gough, Renoir, Cezanne, etc. there was this one by Monet it has some French name or other...  (actually it's "Coquelicots") but to me it was like "Impressions of Trail Running in 1873".

qotd: They didn't change the clock over here yet so it didn't bother me a bit...  actually I had to change by an hour yesterday during my travels from London to Paris, but that didn't bother me either.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: Nice run in Paris! Love the "trail running impression". Looks like the running skirts were a bit longer then. Big grin

I tried a running skirt for the first time today, and it was just as uncomfortable as I had imagined. What do you need that extra fabric for? Does not make any sense to me. It constantly felt as if someone was slapping my behind with every step, while trying to get my legs entangled in some kind of overly loose lingerie. Big grin

But I have to admit, it looks cute, and even if I try hard, I can't make the skirt responsible for my bad legs today. They are not only dead, they seem to be decomposing already. Perhaps also the sudden heat wave had something to do with it. Running in 60+ degrees, after 25 degrees for weeks, is not really my idea of comfort. But I made it through, which is important, as I suddenly realized there's only three more weeks to build up for my 50k!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

It constantly felt as if someone was slapping my behind with every step Big grin

heck-that just might help sell some running skirts! Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

70 degrees, low humidity, light wind, sun was out but the trail was mostly shaded. Today was nearly perfect. I underestimated how much water I'd need, so had to change my route to go back by the car. Ended up with 15 miles. Days like today are why I run when I don't really want to, or think I am too busy; I don't want a lack of training to keep me going as long and far as I want when the going is good.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

NorthernHarrier

Back home again. One of these days I may just decide not to come home. Maybe all of April. That coincides with Lace_up's statement that  work is Bullshit. Couldn't agree more and I am tired of it. So I am in the process of trying to do something about that at least on a temporary basis. We'll see how it goes here.

Couple decent road runs up north, a little snowshoeing though conditions were horrible, drank some beer, burned some wood... I think that's about all. Drove thru Hurley Sat. afternoon but all the strip bars were closed so I ended up at Subway. Embarrassed Oh well.

Run Muppy-- Welcome!

Couch-- Quite the day you had with the Hooligans. 3 kids doing the dentist and eye doctor thing. Wow! I would need a large Valium.

Queen-- Hope your 50k went well. I know it was just a training run for the Porkies, right??  Bought some antiques on Sat at a little old shop I frequent once in a while and thought of you. You'll have to make it up here.

Hope everyone else had a great day.

QOTD--No except I have about a dozen clocks around the house that I have to reset.