Trailer Trash

Fabulous Friday (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Yesterday I posted that the weather was pretty nice.  Hit the post button and 2 minutes later the sun went dark, the wind kicked up and things wet to crap quickly. After that it was just bands of wind  and some occasional light rain coming through.  Even though we live 175-200 miles from Lake Erie it will affect the weather here and when I looked at the weather map that's what seemed to be happening.  Ended up with plenty of gusts into the mid 20s.  Ended up not running but instead killed myself on the elliptical for a hour.

So far it's a really nice day here today. First I need to run some errands then I'll try for a 6-8 mile run this afternoon. Should mow the yard for the final time as well.

QOTD:  Ready for Christmas, getting ready, thinking of getting ready, or are you putting it off?

I'm in between the thinking of getting ready and putting it off.  It's sneaking up far too fast this year and I really have no idea of what to get DW. She is interested in a MP3 player so I guess I should research those a little bit.

LB2

Easy 4 this morning.

QOTD: We are pretty much ready. I have to get some Fitbits for my girls, and a few odds and ends. That should be it.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6.5 with the running group this morning...4 girls and 3 dogs.  I run with Jack off leash so the other girl let Kit of leash.  He ran to the front of the line and turned around and ran back to Mom, then front then, back.    Mom gave up and put him back on the leash.  Not that my dogs are any better. 

QOTD:  Huh?  I do absolutely nothing for Christmas.  So I am ready.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing today.  DW is RD for a 5k race at her Residential Care Facility tomorrow and I'm timing it. Only 30-40, so I should be fine.

Hopefully get to run after her race and then to a wedding for one of my swimmers I used to coach. Sunday, long run.

QOTD:  We don't do anything until after Thanksgiving. I'll order online and we decorate the first week of December. We usually do a lot of decorating and I put up lights outside. We cut a tree down every year (helps that we live in Christmas Tree country).  We host Christmas for the families, so we go all out, but try not to stress over it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a short (2.5 mile) hike in yesterday evening with DW and Elvis, another week and we’ll be wearing headlamps

plan on a short one this evening with Elvis (DW going to hot yoga)

that stomach bug kicked me a little harder than I first thought; was planning on hitting the mountains hard for elk tomorrow, but energy levels are a low- so will probably see about Sunday

qotd: I bought DW an expensive down parka, but already gave it to her, so that’s out    will likely wait until after Thanksgiving

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Went running today at Govenor Dick.  What a weird place.  Cool trails but that tower in the middle?  Muppy or XT - what's the story behind that? I did climb it and got some cool pictures but the climb was so strange.  Anyways, was nice out, had a good 5+ mile run.

QOTD: Christmas? I won't start thinking about that until after Thanksgiving.  So soo I guess...

Have a great evening and weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday