Trailer Trash

freezing rain Friday (Read 36 times)

runtraildc

I hope you're all having better weather.  It will warm up later and move from sleet into just rain, so I"m planning a short run this afternoon.

qotd:  any upcoming races this weekend or soon?  Not really, but a 'low-key' race I'll take younger DS tomorrow (6K).  It will be just nice to get out and run with him (at least at the start, before he leaves me in his dust).

Have a good day!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Bah.

Stayed up too late and slept in too long.

DW left the bedroom TV running so the clock radio didn't wake me.

I misplaced by gym bag with all my running essentials in it.

The weather was supposed to be freezing rain, so I stayed in bed without looking.

Too many lame excuses.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A light dusting of snow and the kids had a two hour delay from school.  Come on people! When I was a kid....(yada yada yada).  No running or anything for me.  I am rather enjoying this "sleeping in" thing.  But I also feel I am getting lazy.

QOTD: No races for me.  I may take the whole year off.  Maybe not though.  I haven't decided.  Just taking it day by day.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Marley and I actually enjoyed the rain and sleet during our morning trail run.  At least Marley seemed to and I know that I did.  I must be a bit crazy because I like being out in the woods in bad weather.  We did keep it to 4 miles though.

As soon as my hands are warmed up from the chilly run, I am planning to practice with my new guitar a bit.  I figured that learning to play would be an excellent retirement activity, so I sprung for a fairly nice classical guitar.

QOTD: No races coming up for me.  I very rarely race these days.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Got in 7 miles last night.  The plan for today is 6 nice and easy.  We got about an inch of unsuspected snow today.  My legs are kinda sore from wednesday's tempo run so easy miles today.

QOTD: I'm planning on doing a V-day 5k, which has been an annual tradition (this year is #3).  I like doing it because it is a good test of where I am at and there's not much else going on in these months.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Better late than never,

this seems to apply to my post as well as to my run today.

I got up to get the kids ready for school, no rain and no delay here. Dozed off afterwards, also with the TV on, and dreamed of buying a house and such. HGTV definitely delivers sweet dreams!

I had planned on a longer run this morning, as it is a day off work for me, but I am stuck with an important translation which I have to deliver this weekend, and all those special terms are just killing me. Should have started this work a few days earlier, duh.

traildc: You are my shining role model for getting in my run today, against all odds!

jbyram: I wish I had not read your excuses... they fit me just as well!

Jamie: We should think about before-school childcare to get the run in early! - Just kidding...these times at home offer some teachable moments, too, sometimes.

TT: Guitar, wonderful! My DS is learning to play (electric guitar), and it's quite enjoyable. Definitely more enjoyable than my attempts at violin play.

Zilla: Sounds like a good plan to me!

QOTD: Next up is a FA race in early February, 10k in the woods. Should be fun, usually this means running through ankle-deep, heavy snow in a snowstorm at temps in the teens...

Enjoy the day, trailers, happy snow stomping!

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

Doing 3 miles and circuit training today.

Did a nice but cold 15 miles by the ocean yesterday. Took a bath afterwards for the first time in ten years I think. The bath was wonderful, but coming out of it was awful.

QOTD: Feb is a skiing month, but in March I have Way too Cool 50k.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

SRD for me. Did a nice tempo run last night (7.6 miles with 5 @ 8:17 avg. pace) but my  right arch started hurting around mile 5 or 6. I'm hoping it's just a cramp. I will find out during my LR tomorrow.

QOTD: Next race will probably be the Ugly Mudder 7 Mile trail run in Feb, unless something else pops up sooner. I'd like to do a 10k soon.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I've been sick for 10 days now and finally starting to feel better . I might try and run 2 miles tonight . The sad thing is the weather has been really nice for January , it should be nearly 60 today .

QOTD: I entered the Jackpot Ultra in Las Vegas for the 24 hour race,  it's in a month .

Gator eye

I finally got my butt out for 3 miles this morning, all and all the legs felt good.

QOTD: There is a 10k snowshoe race/walk sometime in the middle of Feb I think I might do just because I love the area it's in.

LB2

Don't see it happening today.

QOTD: I have 40 miles of pacing to do on February 1st. I have a 50K on February 22nd. But I am looking at that as a training run.

LB2

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I have 40 miles of pacing to do on February 1st. I have a 50K on February 22nd. But I am looking at that as a training run.

You're seeing other people now, and this is how I have to learn about it?

Sandy-2

Did a quick 4 mi this morning, it's kinda warm here again.

qotd: I'm doing the Houston Marathon on the 19th.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Another Friday, another long run.  Ended up with just over 23 miles of ice, mud, frozen mud, hard and soft packed trails around the southeast portion of the Flagstaff loop trail.  Capped off with three miles of concrete sidewalk along a busy road when I found out Flag buses don't take debit cards...grr.  My legs completely lost interest around mile 14 and it felt like I was just slogging along after that, but the pace didn't really slip too much.  Next week is a cutback/rest week and I'm really looking forward to it.

QOTD:  50k feb 22 down in the desert.