Trailer Trash

Murky Mondaily (Read 34 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

After some big storms last night, it is murky out.  Just not a great looking morning but not horrible either.  I got out for a short and what felt like a recovery run.  Recovering from my 20 mile bike ride yesterday I guess...I dunno.  But I got out and that is what is important.

QOTD: May mileage check.

For the first time since September 2013, I ran over 100 miles.  Ended at 101ish.  I was going to get in a 15 mile LR yesterday but part of my decision process is that I have no reason whatsoever to be pushing it.  So June will be building off of a good May.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

It was 66* during my run this morning. It felt HOT because of our prolonged winter and sudden burst into summer. I got 6 miles in with my pups. Planning an easy week because I'll be running Bryce this weekend.

QOTD: 328 miles. Right on target.

DigDug2

Easy 7 this a.m. - cool and misty in CT, should have worn gloves.

QOTD:  214.  Good month for me, consistent weekly mileage and good mix of paces/distances.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice soggy long run yesterday in the woods.  Was pretty muddy in parts from some storms and spider webs were plentiful.  Flies weren't bad at all.

Jamie - Yea for 100 mark.  Very happy for you.

Lace - Good luck at Bryce.

DD2 - I'd love to have to use gloves.  Too hot here for that.

QOTD (yesterday):  Classic Rock on the XM.  Only newer music I listen to is Mumford and Sons.

QOTD:  264.  Long race always help with the mileage even with a taper thrown in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Good morning all.. might take the day off and might not. At most it will be a 5 miler. Plan a few days off week to remind me I am tapering.

Yesterday, the Lady and I ran 10 miles on the hills of Coventry Woods accompanied by deer flies. Swatting and sweating in the woods is still better than a road run. Saw this old lady out in the woods with a friendly lab mix.. this lady was all skin and bone and it made me wonder if she was an ultra runner from 2 generations ago.. she was hiking along with her dog and a big stick walking pole and just laughing and smiling at the Lady.

QOTD: 301 miles for May, in singles, no races. I ran every day in May but messed up and had one road run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning all.. might take the day off and might not. At most it will be a 5 miler. Plan a few days off week to remind me I am tapering.

Hopefully cooler, less humid weather will settle in before you and T&C hit the Highlands.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!

Congrats on your big month, Jamie!  That's great news!

I'm very, very slowly starting to feel better.  My foot still isn't perfect, but it's not painful either, so I guess that's something.  Manged to get in 13 miles last week.  It'll be another light week coming up -- I'm house/dog sitting, so I don't have my bike with me.  Going camping and canoeing this weekend.  Maybe we'll do a little trail running too.

QOTD: 39 running miles; 439 biking miles.

Running is dumb.

muppy

Got in 5.2 hot hilly miles on the trails.

QOTD I only have 67 miles for the month of May.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well the day will tell me what to do.  Could be a rest day could be a 5 at lunch day.  Unsure.

QOTD:  118.2...was 118.3 in April   Dam some of you guys run ALOT!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a few miles out there. Weather is nice, cooler, but still warm, plenty humid.

Jamie: Wow, great, looks like you're on your way to some longer distances again.

Mandy: That's a lot of biking!

XT: Deer flies - I know those. At MMT, I was constantly surrounded by 4 to 7+ flies at any time, except night. Fortunately here they are mostly only around the swamp in my area, and I don't run too often there.

Kelly: Good luck for Bryce! Love the scenery there.

QOTD: Over 200, I don't know. The only run I "logged" was MMT. 

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Dam some of you guys run ALOT!!

My thoughts exactly!

DigDug - where ya been hiding?

QoN - you are definitely consistent

Mandy - that is a crazy lot of biking! Here's to adding a little bit running to that.

Couch - I vote to get rid of deer flies, ticks, stink bugs, and lice.  None of these serve any purpose (at least not any good ones).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Couch - I vote to get rid of deer flies, ticks, stink bugs, and lice.  None of these serve any purpose (at least not any good ones).

Agree. I also don't know of any animal in the food chain that solely relies on any one of these pests. Now if I ask my dad, the entomologist,...

better not. 

Run for fun.

dpc3

Like Queen today is a crap shoot between rest day, cross training in the gym, or run. If I had to guess given how my day is going it will be a rest day with me doing push ups and squats while on to many conference calls!

QOTD: 150 miles with this last week being my best putting in a measly 35. Time to crank er up!

LB2

7 to 10 after work.

QOTD: May mileage.... What did Kelly do? 328? I think I got 328.1.

Actually, I barely cracked 90, but today is the first day of training for either Pinhoti or Ozark Trail... I haven't decided yet and won't until sometime in July.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Shuffled through 6 miles in recovery mode and much cooler weather than the weekend.

QOTD: With two 50K races in the month I reached 187.2 miles, so two days accounted for roughly a third of my miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.