Trailer Trash

Mundane Mondaily (Read 38 times)

runtraildc

Bleh, it's Monday. I could've used a longer weekend.  But then again, if this is the worst of my problems....  Smile  Didn't get up this morning for a quick run as planned, so I'll get 5 in tonight while my boys are in the pool.

qotd: What's on your bucket list of runs?  Are you doing any of them this year?  I'm a lifelong runner who does' NOT have a bucket list,  don't know why,  though  a R2R with my oldest, when he gets older, sounds pretty fun.

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in a really, really easy 4 this morning. I had planned to work on my cadence, but decided to work on my run/walk pacing.

I simply wasn't feeling it that early, especially after our youngest DD 2nd birthday party last night, and all the food I consumed, at it.

Great day overall though. We had a house full of happy people, and no tantrums all day.

QOTD: Yes, hopefully I'll finish the entire R2R2R at the Grand Canyon this year, and Tran-zion is still on the list (For now), I've been trying to plan out some super long runs for the summer training cycle, and I've discovered that if I start at my house, the east rim trailhead of Zion NP is only 60 miles away, and it would be dirt roads and trails a the entire way. I may try that, instead of transZion.

MTA: I'd also love to run to Crypt Lake in waterton lakes NP (the Canadian side of Glacier NP). W were in that area for a family reunion years ago, and I think it would be awesome.

Occasional Runner

Got home at midnight last night after racing in the Caribbean all week. I was home long enough to do a load of laundry and take a quick nap. Now I'm back at the airport heading to Canada, then Minnesota, then Wisconsin.

I chose to sleep instead of run this morning.

QOTD: I have many and will check a few off this year.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I feel obligated to put in some miles today, so I'll be heading out soon, trying to catch some of the sunshine. My legs are tired from yesterday's run in the snow, but I'd like to do another hill today.

I am missing long runs! I just don't seem wanting to put in the time...

traildc: Have a nice run later!

Birdwell: Oh those terrible twos - never seem to end. Glad it went well for you yesterday!

lace_up: Welcome back, I was missing you! Races in the Caribbean - hmm, sounds nice. Looking forward to some RR's (just sayin'...)

QOTD: I am also a life-long runner without a bucket list. I actually started running races only two years ago. R2R2R is one of my dream runs, and the Hardrock, Western States, and Leadville 100-milers, although I am not sure if I will ever get to run them, yielding to family obligations.

Enjoy a fresh start into the new week, everyone!

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

My longish run yesterday just wiped me out. Weird. Maybe it was the slip-sliding along for the entire way. All these traction devices incl. screw shoes in the car but didn't bother to wear any. I just don't know sometimes... So I will do an easy 4-5 today with maybe a little walk thrown in.

Yesterday my daughter read me a quote that she said is something I allude to all the time--"the older I get, the faster I once was".  Ouch! Guilty.

QOTD--Ahh, the epic run talk. Instead of bucket list, I prefer "life list".  I have a long list that sadly keeps growing. Now that I'm getting so old and so slow, why pay to race? Might be my last year of that stuff. The epic runs can be done on your schedule at your pace.

Just a few off the top of my head--

Presidential range

Devil's Path-Catskills

R2R

Teton Crest

Smoky Mts--Appalachian trail from Newfound Gap east to the park boundary, 31m

Beartooths-Beaten Path

Laurel Valley-S.C.

many more...

I have a file going at home with maps, shuttle info etc. that I have been putting together over the years.

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Rest day for me.  I was a judge at my church's annual chili cookoff last night.  I need a rest day today.

QOTD - So far just one on my bucket list:  Isle Royale end-to-end.  It's 40 miles.  I've only been a runner for a few years, so I'm sure I will add more as I go.  Especially once I gravitate away from participating in races and move more towards adventure running.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

NorthernHarrier

QOTD - So far just one on my bucket list:  Isle Royale end-to-end.  It's 40 miles.  I've only been a runner for a few years, so I'm sure I will add more as I go.  Especially once I gravitate away from participating in races and move more towards adventure running.

So years ago we spent a week out on Isle Royale backpacking. In talking to the park officials in advance they very strongly discouraged trail running as it was not compatible with their view of the island. So here we are setting up camp and one of the park rangers actually came trail running right past us. It was on her off-time. Disapprove

Hey, if you want some company let me know. I'd do that one in a heartbeat.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing for me this morning.  Stayed up too late watching a stupid football game and stupid commercials.  Maybe a quick run tonight.  Trying to figure out this foot thing (again).  Spent months in PT, bought expensive orthotics and I am unsure if anything helped.  Can ya tell I am in a pessimistic mood at the moment? We'll keep trying.

mjsmith - chili cookoff huh? Sounds good but just one day off? ha

QOTD: I suppose I have some runs & races I would love to do but unsure if I ever will.  Similar to FTYC, family obligations come first.  It's enough of a struggle to go do local races let alone big races.  Having said that, I do envision a R2R2R someday, a 100 miler someday, and other adventures.  I am hoping that my kids, when they are older, would love to share in some of those but I will never push that on them. It is completely up to them.  Until then, we will deal with the normal kid stuff.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's supposed to be 40 after work today.  I'll head out for a few miles on the river trail, and I think it will feel like a tropical heat wave.

QOTD:  I don't really have a bucket list.  There are really no races or anything in my life that I *have* to do before I die.  I play it all by ear & make it up as I go along.  So far, it's worked for me.

lace_up: Let's see some Caribbean trail pics!

Hi all,

After a weekend full of running and partying, I'm going to get to work this week with some hard workouts, stretching, and taking care of myself! I'm planning an easy 6 miler today with some stretching/weights afterwards.

QOTD: Short term,  I'd love to do some Colorado and/or Pacific Northwest runs because I've never been out there. Nothing specific yet, but I imagine I will get out there sometime over the next couple years. Long term, I have no idea. Got plenty of time.

Wandering Wally

Harrier - Yeah, I will give a shout.  I don't plan to check with the rangers first ;-)  If they ask, I'll be "fastpacking".

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

runtraildc

So years ago we spent a week out on Isle Royale backpacking. In talking to the park officials in advance they very strongly discouraged trail running as it was not compatible with their view of the island. So here we are setting up camp and one of the park rangers actually came trail running right past us. It was on her off-time. Disapprove

Hey, if you want some company let me know. I'd do that one in a heartbeat.

Sign me up, too!  maybe this is why I don't have a list.  Too many runs that I only focus in on the one most recently mentioned!  Seriously though, Isle Royale is an amazing place and trail running, especially in August... sounds like heaven.

Watoni

Probably a rest day ... I need to figure out doing the scheduled kind, as opposed to work/life just scheduling them for me

QOTD: Well, this year I am trying to tick off the Lake Sonoma 50, Leadville 100 and, for cycling, the Cent Cols Pyrenees challenge (100 "cols" or climbs in 10 days, so about 120 miles and 16,000 feet of climbing/descending a day).

Daydreamer1

I hope to get in my normal 10k loop later today. Have a few errands to clean up first.

QOTD: I have so many things I'd like to do that I really need to retire now and just focus on the fun things in life. But, since that won't happen, I have whittled my list down somewhat.

This year I hope to do either Oil Creek 100k or Tussey Mountainback 50 miler. This depends on if I can get into Oil Creek. In the future, I want to do at least one 100 miler, hopefully more, and include Leadville 100. A R2R2R is high on my list. Also would like to switch to Tri's at some point and complete several Ironmans, hopefully being able to get into Kona.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

No recovery run yesterday, but got an easy 5.2 in this morning- feels a wee bit better Smile

qotd: I've got a long bucket list, hope to scratch off trans Zion and the Beaten Path this year

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √