Trailer Trash

Happy HUMPDAILY! (Read 28 times)

Occasional Runner

35 degrees here this morning and I'm surprised by how fast I'm getting acclimated to the cold again. I'm thankful for that.

6 trail miles with the dog. I've been feeling kinda sluggish on my last few runs but today felt better. I really feel like I need a long, slow run to clear everything out.

I hope you all have a great day!

QOTD: If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go? This assumes you have no limitations to prevent you from doing so.

We absolutely love living in the Wasatch and moved here because we could live anywhere we wanted in the US. But I would seriously consider moving to central or South America someday. Someplace with variable terrain, but not variable weather. I'll be interested to see how I feel about Brazil when we're down there in January.

AT-runner

Tim

Did a fast 6 miles yesterday and averaged 7:42 per mile.  That pace was my old marathon pace, but yesterday I really had to push to keep it up.  So now I'm dedicating myself to more speed work!!!

Then DW and I drove 6 hours round trip to WVU to see DD#2. Spent $165 on groceries, $105 in the bookstore, and took her and her boyfriend and her roommate out for dinner.  Expensive day, but worth every penny getting to see our little one.

QOTD:  When DD #2 finishes nursing school, she's talking about moving to Texas, and we have 2 kids living in Portland, OR, so somewhere in between like Boulder, CO (or Ogden, UT).  Now whoever has grandchildren first might make us rethink that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

8 miles this morning, I seem to be on a 8 mile kick the last few weeks. I guess that's  what time has allowed lately

QOTD. Someplace with a lot less people and winter.

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Got a minor muscle spasm in my back going on, so only did a brisk walk yesterday evening.    Still not normal today, but I hope to get in a slow run tonight.

qotd:  My ideal set up would actually be two places:  Summer and winter.  Summer (May-ish to Oct.) would be northern MN, on Lake Superior.  Since there are no limits, it would include buying the compound on which my great-grandparent's norwegian timber cabin sits right on the shore.  My blood pressure drops just thinking about waking up to that lake every morning.  Winter would likely be coastal, preferably west coast - British Columbia, northern CA or OR.  See the pattern?  Cold, large body of water, not too hot climate, hubby can kite, I can run.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, had a nice leisurely breakfast and then started my meeting at 9am.  Since it was the last day of the first set of meetings that I was hosting we broke up early today.  Now I have moved across town to a different (and much better) hotel where I'll be attending a conference for the rest of the week.  All of this is happening in Shanghai by the way.  That's a long-winded way of saying, I ran "after work" today.  I ran along the SE bank of the Hungpu River, which is nothing to write home about.   The air is really worse in the afternoon, if that is even possible,  Uuuuugh!!!!  I wonder if running in polluted air counts as oxygen deprivation and helps with altitude training.  I'll have to see about that.

qotd:  hmmmmm, anywhere?  I think I'll go with New Zealand.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run.  The Fall colors were great and the hip is better.

QOTD:  We are actually facing that choice in the near-ish future.  I'd stay in the US and probably live in or near the mountains.  The ocean is nice too.  I hate hot weather.  So all that probably points to the Pacific NW.

In practice we will probably follow my daughter and son in law where their careers take them (they welcome or even encourage this).  They like a lot of the same things I do so it is likely to be a good locale.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

SRD for me.

Sandy:  Hungpu River?  Sounds idyllic, even before your description of the smog.

QOTD:  a college town in the mountains somewhere in the U.S.  I guess Boulder meets that definition, but I'm flexible...

Occasional Runner

QOTD:  When DD #2 finishes nursing school, she's talking about moving to Texas, and we have 2 kids living in Portland, OR, so somewhere in between like Boulder, CO (or Ogden, UT).  Now whoever has grandchildren first might make us rethink that.

Ogden is a really great town. You should visit sometime.

LB2

SRD. I will take a walk later if it isn't raining. If so, I'll put that walk off until tonight or first thing in the morning.

QOTD: I would probably move to Ellijay, Georgia. It has everything I like: mountains, fast rivers, wild turkeys, public land, trails, and four seasons.

LB2

dpc3

Taking it easy today, rode into work again yesterday. Took the yellow dogs for a 2 mile walk this morning, will bike up to the grocery store to get fruit and veggies, and will walk up to the pick the DS up from school.

Have a great day all!

QOTD: Either Alberta or BC, Canada or South Africa. I've been to the Canadian provinces and they have everything I like as far as terrain and outdoor activities and I suspect South Africa has everything I like as well when it comes to hunting opportunities and terrain.

moonlightrunner

No run x 2 days due to life interference. And I wake up with severe posterior knee pain. I can barely get out of a chair. Knee does not want to bend. No swelling. There is also calf and hamstring pain. I've googled..but don't find anything. I am thinking an overuse injury from my 18 mile run on a packed gravel bike path. Any ideas? I cannot take ibuprofen. Any ideas what it could be?

Qotd: when Kelly leaves to live in Brazil, I will just fill in that vacancy.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Spending a rainy day at work = a SRD.

QOTD: At one time I would have said Alaska. But after thinking about it a little more I realized that It's so far from everything that it makes travel difficult, unless you have a lot of money.  At this point in our lives it would be either eastern Tennessee or Northern Idaho.

Our real dream is to become permanent travelers. Keep the house in Pa to come home to every now and then, and just travel the Country and certain parts of the world.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was going to report my run for this morning and realized I didn't run..I was thinking about last nights run.  It was a nice one.  The sun was setting so when I was on top I saw the glow through the trees and the moon on the other side.  I live in red dirt so the colors of red, gold, pink...were beautiful.  Tonight meeting the running group for probably 5 or so.

QOTD:  I really..really like where I live too.  I would however like to live closer to my family by moving to Northern Michigan..it is very beautiful there too.  I've been to many cool towns, and wouldn't mind doing a traveling circuit when I retire; you know a year here a year there.

runtraildc:

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Took a half day off yesterday and went for a short hike with the missus and the dogs and still had plenty of daylight left to take LadyB out for a trail run at Birdsboro/Hay Creek watershed. Abnormally warm and muggy for late October (75 degrees) but it didn't really bother me. I prefer to be warm. We extended the run doing the big hill behind the second lake on the trail that is not as frequently used. Thankfully the wild grass/weeds have died off and even leaf covered the trail was a bit easier to navigate than my last run on this section. I guess we did about 8 miles. Today likely an evening run over at the lake. It's raining lightly today but oh well.

QOTD: I'd want to have a summer and winter home but am not sure as to the exact locations. Pathetic, I know.

In dog beers, I've only had one.