Trailer Trash

New Mexico 50k (Read 38 times)

SheCan

I don't get to do too many trail races, even though I run on trails a lot.  So I thought I'd share my report with you all if you're interested:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/e5cc3a8185d94279aa8d9e9413e3781f#focus

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job on your 2nd place finish.  Doesn't matter how many woman. 2nd is a 2nd.  Looks  like a pretty run, and you were worried about the downhill first 1/2.

Fixed your link.

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/e5cc3a8185d94279aa8d9e9413e3781f#focus

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

SheCan

Thank you for fixing that, AT-runner, and thank you also for taking time to look.  I was a little embarrassed to put it here, as many of you are a lot more serious/ better runners, but I thought, "What the heck!" and did it anyway!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

AT-runner

Tim

Thank you for fixing that, AT-runner, and thank you also for taking time to look.  I was a little embarrassed to put it here, as many of you are a lot more serious/ better runners, but I thought, "What the heck!" and did it anyway!

If you laced up your shoes and did a 50k, you ARE a serious runner.  Definitely no need to ever feel embarrassed around these parts, were good people who share the same love of trails. 

Birdwell

Nice work. Nice time too (I peaked at your log)

2nd female overall is always a good day!

I've always liked the area around Las Cruces. I spent a LOT of time out there when I used to do pipeline work.

I wish I would have been a runner back then. It would have been much more entertaining than watching t.v. at the hotel after work.

runtraildc

Welcome, She Can!  sounds like a great race (and it's amazing the effect that just smiling can have).  Thanks for sharing with us!

And for us being 'serious runners'-- well, we're mostly just serious about our love for trail running (and cracking a joke here and there).  We're really a pretty diverse group of runners who love to hear from other runners and their experiences with  trails, races and parts of the country.  Yes, there are a lot of ultra runners here, but also many who don't ever race, are struggling with injuries that are keeping us from running,  or even go fast or far.  Please feel welcome to jump in anytime!

Gator eye

I had many things slow me down but never a cow.

Great race, congrats

LB2

Congratulations. That is great. Sounds like a nice trail.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

-- well, we're mostly just serious about our love for trail running (and cracking a joke here and there).  We're really a pretty diverse group of runners who love to hear from other runners and their experiences with  trails, races and parts of the country.  Yes, there are a lot of ultra runners here, but also many who don't ever race, are struggling with injuries that are keeping us from running,  or even go fast or far.  Please feel welcome to jump in anytime!

This should be our "Forum Description".  Great post!

SheCan

I've always liked the area around Las Cruces. I spent a LOT of time out there when I used to do pipeline work.

I wish I would have been a runner back then. It would have been much more entertaining than watching t.v. at the hotel after work.

Thanks, Birdwell!  And yes, almost anything is better then sitting in a hotel watching TV!  Well next time you're out west, I have no doubts you'll be checking out the trails!

runtraildc--- ahhhh, thank you!  What a nice welcome, and I agree with AT-runner, it's a lovely description.

Gator eye--- yet!  Thank you!

LB2 thanks, it really was a lot of fun!

Cherie

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2nd place...way to go!

"Snazzy air dance"  cracked me up, as did the cows.

Thanks for sharing the great report !

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

SheCan

2nd place...way to go!

"Snazzy air dance"  cracked me up, as did the cows.

Thanks for sharing the great report !

You know you've done that dance!  

Thank you!

Cherie

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, sounds like you ran a great race! Great placing, too!

Now if it just wasn't for the rocks...

Run for fun.

SheCan

Congratulations, sounds like you ran a great race! Great placing, too!

Now if it just wasn't for the rocks...

Thank you, FTYC!  And toes heal.  They're already doing pretty good in fact.  ;-)

Cherie

muppy

I'm glad you survived the cows and the rocks!

So you had a great race and 2nd female, congratulations!