Trailer Trash

Ducky Thursdaily (Read 42 times)

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone.

Nice and cool over here this week, a little misty-type rain in the mornings.  The ducks and geese seem to like it.  Did 6.5 yesterday and 7 this morning doing out-n-backs along the river (went up river yesterday and down river today).  Recovery from last Saturday’s race is going well, legs are a bit tired, but that will be ok given a little time.

Pass on the qotd.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Rest day for me today.

Still got up early to drive DD to school - field trip to Washington D.C. with the French class. I hope she'll speak at least 2 words in French the whole day, she was so good at it, before she set her mind on Latin.

Wasted a few Karma points by insisting that short shorts and spaghetti straps do not conform with the school's dress code, while secretly enjoying watching the teen stumble through a morning routine with her eyes still closed (insert evil laugh here). She has no clue about her mother's secret life (read: getting up early for morning runs), which enables Mom to be quite energized so early. Wink

Sandy:  Misty here, too, after some heavy thunderstorms last night. Just no ducks, maybe I'll have to go to the pond to watch them on my way to the trail - wait a minute, I have to stay strong today, I'm in taper mode! Undecided

QOTD: Early bird or evening owl? By nature or nurture?

I'm an early bird, by nature. I acquired that skill in my young teens, and it has been like that ever since. So it's nurtured, I guess?

Happy trails, everyone!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

probably a rest day for me.  I'm trying to get to Toronto-- my early am flight was canceled so I'm hoping the next flight will get me there.  Had I known last night that I would not need to go to the airport at 4 am, I would have gotten in a short run.  Since the weather there is abysmal, my dream of an early evening run along Lake Ontario seems unlikely to happen.  We shall see.

Sandy- nice run.  misty fog sounds so much better than the cold sleet I'm trying to get to.

FTYC-  DD's desired ensemble is fitting for the weather down here-- darn dress codes!

qotd-- early bird by nature.  I've been the evening owl when needed (college, jobs), but getting up at sunrise is the best part of the day for me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Morning trailers!

probably a rest day for me.  I'm trying to get to Toronto-- my early am flight was canceled so I'm hoping the next flight will get me there.  Had I known last night that I would not need to go to the airport at 4 am, I would have gotten in a short run.  Since the weather there is abysmal, my dream of an early evening run along Lake Ontario seems unlikely to happen.  We shall see.

Sandy- nice run.  misty fog sounds so much better than the cold sleet I'm trying to get to.

FTYC-  DD's desired ensemble is fitting for the weather down here-- darn dress codes!

qotd-- early bird by nature.  I've been the evening owl when needed (college, jobs), but getting up at sunrise is the best part of the day for me.

She said it's going to be hot, so I allowed her shorts and a T-shirt. Apparently the teachers accepted it because I did not get a frantic call that she'd missed the bus...

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Goodmorning all!

Rest day for me.

I did just under 24 miles yesterday afternoon.  Thats a new distance PR for me (by 2 miles) and a new "Time on Feet" PR (by 2 hours).  The last 2.5 miles were done in a thunderstorm.  I could not see the storm move in because I was running along the bottom of the Hudson River palisades.  Just as I started the last ascent the wind picked up and it started raining.  I heard something large tumbling down the cliff's which reminded me that I was not in the best location.  By the time I reached the top it was pouring rain.  It was also about 20 minutes until sunset...too dark to see well, not dark enough for the flashlight to be effective.  Anyways, I survived.  I'm a little sore today but nothing too bad.  I learned:

1. I cannot go shirtless under my pack for 5 hours

2. I need a better method of mixing perpetuem

3. Being sticky is no fun

4. My fueling strategy worked

5. Make sure  you turn your car's headlights off before going on a long run

All in all, a very productive run.

QOTD: Early bird by nurture...work starts at 7

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning early risers,

URD for me today, I managed a 9.5 loop yesterday and finally realized

why I've been sore and tired on last few runs. Last week I did several

hilly runs and then short hikes with my DW on the same day. I'm adding

a rest day so I can go long on Sat.

Good to hear that recovery is going well, sandy.

QOTD: I'm a night owl by nature but have always had jobs that require early rising (paper routes,

fisherman, 3 am rescues of fishing boats sinking). Now, I'm asleep by 10 and up by 6, usually

earlier. I don't even use an alarm anymore.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Awesome job on the mid-week long run. I think I've ran/run/runned that area before, there's

a spot near Nyack called Hook Mt. or something. Nice spot.

I did just under 24 miles yesterday afternoon.  Thats a new distance PR for me (by 2 miles) and a new "Time on Feet" PR (by 2 hours).  The last 2.5 miles were done in a thunderstorm.  I could not see the storm move in because I was running along the bottom of the Hudson River palisades.  Just as I started the last ascent the wind picked up and it started raining.  I heard something large tumbling down the cliff's which reminded me that I was not in the best location.  By the time I reached the top it was pouring rain.  It was also about 20 minutes until sunset...too dark to see well, not dark enough for the flashlight to be effective.  Anyways, I survived.  I'm a little sore today but nothing too bad.  I learned:

1. I cannot go shirtless under my pack for 5 hours

2. I need a better method of mixing perpetuem

3. Being sticky is no fun

4. My fueling strategy worked

5. Make sure  you turn your headlights going on a long run

All in all, a very productive run.

QOTD: Early bird by nurture...work starts at 7

Occasional Runner

I arrived into Philly 7 hours late last night and got to my hotel at 1:00 AM. I've had 10 flights in the last week and 8 of them have been delayed. I'm on a streak!

Just got back in from a 7 mile trail run in my old stomping grounds. It was nearly perfect weather this morning, but I had forgot how humid PA is. The trails were unusually empty, so it was nice just to have some peace so I could connect with the trail.

QOTD: Up at 3:30 most mornings so I can get my run started early. I love when people tell me they don't have time to work out, but they sleep until 7:00 every day.

Sandy- Great runs. The river sounds nice. Bet it is a great way to cool off when the temps getting higher

FTYC- Enjoy your rest...and way to go mom. Laying down the law!

runtraildc-Enjoy the rest day. Anything special going on in Toronto?

Jamezilla- Okay...this is an awful lot of 'resters' today. Did I miss the memo? Enjoy it and greqt run yesterday. That is what the long run is all about. You gain a lot from the lessons learned.

Jon- Now I'm convinced...more rest? JK Wink! Great run yesterday.

Lace- I knew you wouldn't let me down. Good run this morning. It was very humid (I work about 45 minutes southish of philly in MD).

I ran 2 out to the track this morning, did 5K worth of sprints and ran back. Last speed workout before the big race. Now I'm in taper mode. Anyone else a golf fan? I'm so pumped for the Masters, wish I didn't have to work the rest of the week.

qotd: Early bird. I get up around 4ish every morning to run and get into work. Love it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will join the resters today.  I was planning on a run but had to listen to my body.  It was (and is) rebelling.

jamzilla - great to hear about your LR! You must feel good about that.  Now time to sign up?

QOTD: Used to be a night owl.  Forced myself to get up early to get in running.  Now I wake up early even when my alarm isn't set.  Early to bed by habit now.  But I am still way too tired in the mornings to say it feels natural.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

Easy 5 on the road this a.m., tomorrow is a SRD.

QOTD:  early-ish bird by nature (although I suppose it's all relative - if we're comparing ourselves to lace-up, I really sleep in).  Married to a night owl, so we're often like ships passing in the night...

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

jonferg- I'm a little bit south of the area you are talking about.  I haven't made it quite that far north, but I do have some plans to get out hiking/running in that area.  I made the map of my run public if you want to see where I was.

Boyjame- I signed up on sunday Big grin...I'm in.

**Ask me about streaking**

dpc3

Run after this class lets out mid-day but not sure how long I will go.

Have a good day all!

QOTD: Up between 345-4 to normally get my run in.

NorthernHarrier

Nothing but rain around here. All day. But no resting, I will get a speed session in right after I see the dentist. I hope I don't need another root canal or I guess it doesn't matter as long as he does something about the pain.  Anyway, throw in the contacts so I can see in this monsoon and have at it.

QOTD- Usually up fairly early though I think I'm a slacker compared to some of you. I do wish I could actually sleep in just once but my internal clock will have none of that. Angry

The pooch and I got a nice 8 mile trail run in this morning.  The poplars and some of the other early trees are getting leaves, so this is getting to be the end of long views in the woods for the season.

QOTD: Early bird by nature.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida