Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I had another great 5 mile trail run this beautiful morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

I am planning a run after work with my run buddy. 7-8 at the state park.

Qotd: pass...nothing comes to mind. Not feeling very creative, I guess.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

dpc3

I got cleared to run but am giving the knee some more time to heal. I was told to start back like a very new to running beginner, yippee! I am think couch to 5k training to get me started and go from there. Hope all is well with folks.

Might go out for a 10 minute walk - run later to see how it feels to get a sense on when I want to start.

runtraildc

Hi all.  Yesterday was a SRD, but I did a couple slow miles around the neighborhood, mostly to escape from my visiting toddler niece and nephew.  I had forgotten how tumultuous year 3 is, and with two of them... well, someone was always unhappy.  Nice visit from the family, though.

dpc3:  I think C25k forum is over there.  Just kidding, welcome back to running!

qotd:  Thanksgiving.  Staying home or going away?  We don't know, yet.  Depends on the wind and we might take a long weekend down to Cape Hatteras.  I like thanksgiving, and we never travel to visit family on this holiday so we always keep our plans open.  We usually end up having dinner with friends and their kids.  They cook, I make pie.  Works well.

Occasional Runner

I doubled up this morning with circuit training in the middle. The first run was 6 miles of speedwork and the second run was 7 miles of trail with the puppy. I'm feeling fast, so that's good enough for me.

Dan- Don't be a pussy. Sign up for a race and get after it!

QOTD: We go to Charleston SC every year for Thanksgiving. It's always a lot of fun and we love that area.

Daydreamer1

Still feeling like shit today, but a little better then the last two days. Just got back in from mowing the grass and doing some other yard work. Hopefully that will be the last for the year.  Now I'm going to head out for 5-8 miles depending on how bad I feel. Yesterday was 6 miles and I walked some of the hills.  Probably should just take it easy but the weather is too nice to stay inside.

QOTD: DW works a late shift and I work the night before until 8am. The kiddos will be around so no plans to go anywhere.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was -3 this morning, windchill was -25 , so I bagged elk hunting 

got 6 miles in on the dreadmill and some strength training in as I skipped it last night

qotd: staying home, oldest DD may be over for a visit

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had some nice miles on the AT.  Didn't see a single person the whole time.  On the way back I waited below an area where it looked like the trail split.  Sure enough, DW went the wrong way until I yelled out to her.  She has the worst sense of direction, and she sure can't blame it on being a trail newbie since she's been running trails for over 15 years now.

Dan - good news!

dd1 - get better soon.

Happy Veteran's Day to those who served.

QOTD:  Baltimore, to my brothers house for food and football and then we go to our place in Chincoteague for a few days.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Qotd: I will be at my mom and dad's. Not sure if my kids/grandkids have other plans...hopefully they will be there too.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

QOTD:  Tallahassee to see my daughter and son in law.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: For the first time in many years I have no plans for Thanksgiving, not even a Turkey Trot.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning to go out on a night run later. Looking forward to clearing my mind and getting those legs moving after a long day at work.

We are getting "home visits" from a little cat, perhaps a feral cat, or just a free-roamer (a cat that goes out in the night, but has a home and an owner). She's a very nice kitty, but I'm having doubts because our own cat has just had surgery and is still recovering, with a collar (cone) around her neck, so I don't want them to get together. Then there's the question of vaccinations/hidden illnesses/parasites, and whether there's an owner. I don't know what to do with the cat yet, so we always let her go out after one or two hours in our home. The kids, of course, want to keep her and have named her already. 

dpc: I agree with Kelly, just go for it when you feel like it, then stick with it.

traildc: 2-3 years, yeah, I am still recovering from the time when our kids were that age...

DD1: Get better! You don't want to spend your days either at work, or at home!

warden: Why in the world would you bag that elk hunt???   Just kidding.

AT: Sounds like me... I always take street chalk with me when I plan on scouting out new trails.

QOTD: Planning on visiting our relatives in DC and throwing the Thanksgiving Dinner. I work the day before, and next day, so that's going to be fun...

But as my MIL has passed away, and my SIL feels too weak to hold the Dinner (she's been diagnosed with and treated for a cancer, which takes away a lot of her usual energy), I feel we have to pitch in to keep things and the family together.

Run for fun.

dpc3

OK I went out for a 2 mile test run, I'll be changing to the couch to 100 program. Thanks for the nudge Kelly and FTYC.

QOTD: Staying home and looking forward to not having to travel or deal with family at holiday times.

NorthernHarrier

Way too crappy out early this morning for a run before work so just some time on the elliptical then over 10 hours at work so no ambition to run afterwards so I guess it was an unscheduled rest day. Try again tomorrow.

So this little winter storm by Wisconsin standards has left over a foot of snow up at my cabin. I think that may stick around for a good stretch. That's good as my cross-country skiing was waylayed by a broken hand last year so I'm thinking I can get an early start to this season. Cool.

Back on the work topic--after months of lobbying my employer has agreed to putting me on a 4 day work week. Starts in a few weeks and I am really stoked about that. 3 day wknds every week.  I almost quit a couple days before they informed me too. The job has just become more palatable.

QOTD--I will get a good run in early or maybe some pheasant hunting then my in laws will come over. They are quality folks and my MIL is not doing well at all and is probably not long for this world so it will be a good day to spend with them. And there will be pie. I love pie.

LB2

7.5 on the trails. Things seem to be in working order for the most part. I still have some deep soreness in my quads, but it isn't bad at all.

QOTD: I think we are staying home.

LB2