Trailer Trash

It's Wednesday (Read 31 times)

Hello all! Taking a mental & physical break from running until TBD. I've started a program of 3x/week circuit resistance training and low intensity cross training to try and build up total body strength, something I've been missing for a long time.  I'll start throwing in shorter runs soon, once I feel the urge.  Planning to train for a 20Tight lippedx  fall 5k and then maybe give Laurel Highlands another shot in 2016.

QOTD: not many between tapering and recovering from laurel highlands.

AT-runner

Tim

They said it's usually about 15,000:1 CK after Western States and I was around 45,000:1.

Rhabdo it is.  Not something to take too lightly. At 45,000 U/L it can take 7-14 days to come back to normal. Good luck. . DOMS and continued fatigue are usually the most lasting symptoms. Isn't our beer is kinda like water anyway?

Laboratory findings - NIH

CK levels are the most sensitive indicators of myocyte injury. Under normal condition, CK levels are 45- 260 U/L. After rhabdomyolysis, the levels of CK can be raised to 10.000-200.000 U/L or even to 3.000.000.000 U/L. No other condition except rhabdomyolysis can cause such extreme CK elevation4, 37.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

10.6 sloppy rainy trails miles, was a blast!

QOTD I have 102.7, I've been trying to build miles back slowly, so I'm happy with that!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Afternoon all, heard the alarm this morning and got my 5 mile loop in.

Lace- hope it's nothing serious and your back up to snuff in a hurry

I had blood work done just after my R2R2R, just coincidence- I had a bunch of things out of range, spooked me until I read an article on blood work after Ultras- almost everything they mentioned was out of whack on mine, but my mind to rest

qotd: 141, pretty good for me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Greetings from Ohio! Looks very different from my home stomping grounds, but I like it! Only downside is, it's flat

No run today, just packing for the boys for their camping vacation later this week, loading up the car for my "expedition" with my dad, 5 hours work, 6 hours driving, the usual airport scramble, and then finally a very nice seafood dinner. Phew. That must count as mental endurance training!

Kelly: sounds a bit scary, but I would expect this after running that many hours on heat exhaustion.

on another note, when my daughter had glomerulonephritis, a kidney disease where the kidney leaks significant amounts of protein, her urine looked like coke. It healed up over several weeks, but was scary.

but this does not seem to happen with you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

sandy: does the dizziness appear after a few days of no running, and get better with more regular running? That's what happens with me. Other factors are low sugar, lack of sleep, or very bright light. For me, it disappears when I run at least every other day, but three days of, and it will be right back.

QOTD: no idea. Probably average for me.

Run for fun.