Trailer Trash

Thursday Thoughts (Read 23 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT and runtrail - Thanks!  Potomac Heritage Trail sounds like a plan.  It's only a couple miles from where I'll be staying.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

NorthernHarrier

The calf is almost normal now in spite of myself so life is again good. Tested it last evening with an interval session on my measured course in the Arb. It was a little wet and muddy in spots but it still was good getting back into a real attempt at speed. Felt euphoric.  It is now about 60F and I'm gonna head out on the road bike now. I'm way behind on my biking due to the extra late spring and we are back into winter weather this weekend. Crap.

QOTD-- Runner for life, no doubt. 38 years so far.  Most epic road run off the top of my head would probably be the Big Sur marathon many years ago. I do have a great road to run from my cabin with little traffic, curvy, hilly, past lakes, and thru the northern Wi. wilds. It's as good as it gets imho.  Also-yes I would still be a runner if it was exclusively roads though my miles would be less and there would be more skiing and mountain biking, etc.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I don't recall the London streets to be so straight.  Maybe I'll have to borrow your map if I ever get back there again. 

edit: I planned the run using a hotel map the night before. I knew I’d never remember all the street names, so I wrote them down on a hotel memo pad.  That was years ago but I kept the paper ‘cause it was cool. Since I’m back in London this week I dug up the paper and brought it along. However won’t have time to retrace it though.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours