Trailer Trash

Winter Weather Fridaily (Read 25 times)

NorthernHarrier

Day off from my job thing as I had to get a medical test done. Probably wasn't a great idea to run 7 miles in 10F on the roly-poly bike trails of Cam-Rock just before my appt as I had a wheezy cough from that cold weather buried in my throat. Not good. But yup, we are back into the cold stuff after a short reprieve.

Expensive week as I bought my park stickers, trail passes etc from the DNR, renewed my passport, and am ordering my lifetime Nat'l Park pass.

Welcome to Wi. Moonlight. Too bad you couldn't have had your event maybe 3 days ago when the weather was awesome but I think your trail conditions should be pretty good despite the cold.  Have a great event.

QOTD- maybe not undertrained but there have been a few events where I just totally mismanaged my pace relative to the distance. I would say my epic 28 mile run of the 4 pass loop in Colorado would qualify as I really had only been back to running 6 weeks or so following a long layoff due to a hip injury.  At least doing that I was keenly aware of my lack of training and managed my effort accordingly. And the run was so amazing that a couple more hours on the trail was fine by me.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Expensive week as I bought my park stickers, trail passes etc from the DNR, renewed my passport, and am ordering my lifetime Nat'l Park pass.

I got you beat.  I bought plane tickets and a year's supply of contacts this week.  Major ouch.    (I still need to get my sticker and bike pass for the year.  I'll do that the next time I'm out at BM.)

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interesting qotd. I'm actually going to try a double today because I've run too many long races totally under trained. Remains to be seen whether I'll really get out for a second run.

qotd: obviously yes as you can see from my post. Not turning out well would be an understatement

Got out for 9 a little later than I'd hoped so the likelihood  of a double is low to nil.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Yay..... my meetings are over and I'm back home!!!

Good luck this weekend Moonlight.

Expensive week here as well, seems I bought a plane ticket to Mongolia for next summer, yup DD is heading back for a last go, our contribution to the cause I guess.  Made my yearly state park pass seem cheap.

qotd:  I'd have to say Grindstone 100 miler in 2016.  I had taken June/July off with plantar fasciitis, got something called ESWT for it in July while living in Korea, did some running in August/Sept (during which I moved back to Texas from Korea in August), then toed the line for Grindstone in Virginia in early October.  I knew I wasn't really ready, and was a bit nervous about the PF, but needed the completion as a HR qualifier.  So I planned to take it slow and steady and stay a few hours ahead of the cutoffs.  I ended up sticking with it and managed to finish in 35+ hrs, the cutoff was 38 hrs. I remember my quads and calfs were absolutely screaming on the final steep downhills.

I should add that my PF was ok during Grindstone and hasn't given me too much trouble since.  Based on the fact that I caught it early and received ESWT early, I know I dodged a bullet as I know some folks who really suffered with PF for a ling time.  I only sometimes feel twinges along the bottom of my foot, and I can tell it's from worn out shoes and overuse  due to too many miles. All I have to do is take it easy and back off and it goes away a day later.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL