Trailer Trash

Weekenderly (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

got in just under 5 miles on the paved 'trolley trail' by this weekend's swim meet. Boring out and back on mostly a straight line. Worked in some uphill fartleks on the way back to spice things up a bit. Might try for a few more miles later.

qotd: how's the weekend? Little DS has a swim meet with 6am warm ups. Soccer game this afternoon. Then it will be cocktail time.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning everyone,

My body's resilience never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday I left work

early bc I had a head cold and just wanted to rest. This morning I

decided to just put on my running gear and see what happens. I ended

up with 6.5 miles in the drizzle on wet, rocky trails. Not bad.

QOTD: It was rainy and foggy 2 hours ago for my run, now it's sunny

and warmish (60's). Headed out soon with DW for a loan signing

at the credit union, then hopefully a little Mexican at my favorite place.

Daydreamer1

Last evenings run didn't happen. Decided to try to do some strength training at home. Just don't see myself getting to the gym much this summer so I'm trying to build up my desire to workout at home.  The problem is that it's too easy to get distracted. Ended up getting in a halfway decent workout.

No run today. All because of that four letter word W.O.R.K. .  Guess I should be glad I have a job.

Runtrail - I miss going the kiddo's soccer and basketball games.

Jon - Could you send some of that sun down my way? It's just another dank, dreary, cool day.

QOTD: 24 hour shift today. DS may be home tomorrow so I might be able to talk him into running with me.  Work again tomorrow night.  DW said the reason DS is coming home is because he has some pants that split out and need repaired. Seems he has some on order, but the department of the Air Force is much slower at fulfilling orders than Amazon.  Of course he needs his Momma to do the repairs for him. I told her to give him a thread and needle and tell him to get to work.

NorthernHarrier

Slept in this morning (7a.m.). That's late for me. Sun is shining but it is chilly with a north wind coming right across the cold lake. Brrr. Replaced some deck boards on the lower deck, put the bench on one of my piers and now have a nice fire going. Gonna head out shortly for a 5-6 mile trail thing and then it just may be an early happy hour here next to the fire. I did a little canoeing yesterday but today we have some serious whitecaps out there so the lake will be enjoyed from the deck.

QOTD--Well so far the wknd is real good. DW came up last night after work and we'll be cooking over an open fire for supper. Maybe put a boat in later to make sure it runs and do a little fishing this evening.  Long run of 19-20 planned for tomorrow.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I did 22 miles in the cold rain. Mix of logging roads and trails with 2980' of elevation per DW's watch thingie.  One trail was a creek with all the rain. It was steep downhill and ended up being our slowest mile. I could not feel my fingers by the end of the run and was way too cold for May. Should have packed a spare pair of gloves. The car sure looked good.

QOTD : We had Mexican last night for Cinco de Maya. Heading out to hear some live music tonight at Mason Dixon Distillery. An acoustic duo that plays blues. Last long run tomorrow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning then did a few minor things around the house. Then DW said she was meeting her friend at the gym for a little bit, so I did a 5 mi run while she was out. I actually felt great. Did the 5 mi in about 43 min, last weekend on the rough hot granite trails it took me almost 1.5 hours to do 5 mi. LOL.

qotd: back to doing some small stuff around the house, hanging paintings, etc.  we may go to the Japanese cultural fest downtown late this afternoon and catch dinner.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

12 miles Carl Sanburg and back.  Cold rain.

Qotd heading down the mountain to town.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the muttlies ran 7 this am... heel is kicking up again but then I have not been doing my heel raises  and the muscle behind my knee and upper calf still hurts from my fast run on cemment (or a kettle ball thingy I did after the fun).

Qotd: The hubby is building a deck and we had to put these 24 feet beams up on post. After the second one the old man said "I need a beer that was stressful". Belive me I thought the same thing. Yard work today and tomorrow morning run and then housewirk..we are exoecting rain.

AT: so nice that you and the misses love running together ...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yesterday worked on my run-walk pacing for 7 miles. I think I'm still a bit too fast with the running if I'm to survive my ultras. Fascinated by the sub-2:00 marathon attempt, but considering the exceptional conditions for the race I think we are still years away from coming close under race conditions. Still to get out today. This is not the weather I expected for this time in May. Also finally committed to the 12-hour day race at Montour 24 on July 22nd. That gives me 3 good trail races this summer. Unsure whether to go with more trails or back to the roads this fall after NC 24.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

16 miles in the books.  The hay is in the barn, as they say.  Now time to stay healthy and not gain 10 pounds in the next 18 days.

I read a lot about the sub 2:00 marathon project. I was very surprised to see how close the runners were behind the pace truck.  There is a statistical site online that shows that that much wind help equates to a 3-4 minute advantage over 26.2 miles.  So that said, the 2:00:24 time that was run really is slower than the current world record that was run in race conditions without pacers or a "wind break". That's not to say it wasn't an incredible feat, but apples to oranges.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Also finally committed to the 12-hour day race at Montour 24 on July 22nd. That gives me 3 good trail races this summer.

You'll love it. I actually thought it was sold out of all times. I'm hoping it's not as hot as last year, but so much of it is in the woods that you don't really feel the heat.   Great event.

Just got back in from 5.1 windy, cold, rainy miles. Took two miles for my ankles to loosen up enough to run fast.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You'll love it. I actually thought it was sold out of all times. I'm hoping it's not as hot as last year, but so much of it is in the woods that you don't really feel the heat.   Great event.

Just got back in from 5.1 windy, cold, rainy miles. Took two miles for my ankles to loosen up enough to run fast.

I think there are 3 spots still available in the 12-hour day race and more in the 12-hour night race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I hit about 9 miles on Friday. I ran a nice 6.5 mile loop on Saturday before yard work. I took a 20 minute nap on my in-law's couch and woke up with a pain in my lower back that was absolutely horrible. I drank through it during the Derby. Actually, I only had two drinks, seriously, only two. But it was still a mess this morning. I stretched pretty good early this morning and did some more yard work. It loosened up and I was able to get out for another 6.5 this afternoon. However, it was one of those runs that would go well for a decent stretch, and then, you hit a weird movement and pain just shoots everywhere. Tomorrow is a rest day, so I hope that helps. I have not had an injury in quite a long time, and when I do get one, it is from an afternoon nap. Go figure.

QOTD: I guess the weekend went well except for my violent nap.

LB2