Trailer Trash

Spring Forward Weekender (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

9 miles in my paved trail race ( Bert-O, it's better than a road race since it's 8 feet wide and has lovely scenery-- thru the woods and along several inlets of the bay). Added time from the last time I ran it, and an aching groin (?) slowed me down at the end, but there was good beer and a warm fire pit at the finish. And it's a fund raiser for an animal rescue group and there were tons of dogs to pet!  It was  good morning.

AT- no night sweats-- that seems like progress.

Warden- You're wife is one tough cookie.

Daydreamer1

6 Miles on a nice March day.  Cool but sunny.  Finally felt like I had some speed.  Now it's back to work for the night.

QOTD:  Believe it or not the only summer plans that I have at this point is to take a two week class. Something like 15 days straight including weekends. 8-10 hours a day.   Probably won't do anything major until September or October.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

9-ish miles on mostly snow packed trails; brought my snowshoes, but didn't need them- some post holing stretches, but nothing too long

nice day- sunny and upper 30's

DW is feeling better, Tiny E took a SRD today 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - Sorry to hear about DW.  Glad she's feeling better today.  Getting stuck was probably a sign (if you believe in that sort of thing).  Looked like perfect weather, so glad you were able to enjoy it today.  Re: pulk.  So when are you going to turn Tiny E into a sled dog?   Thanks on my runs, but it's all AT's fault for getting me all excited about this 24 hour thingy.

runtraildc - Beer and dogs.  Best race ever!  Sorry about the groin.  Hope it gets better.

AT - Glad you finally had a night without the sweats.  Man I don't know how you've been able to get out the door like that and run.  Good work given what you're going through.

Queen - Hope you had a good LR!.

Finished the back half of the double LR this morning.  I guestimated the loop route to be about 22 miles and it was 22.4, so not too shabby.  I also wanted to test my gut (literally).  Packed 3 hard boiled eggs, about a 1/4 pound of cubed cheese, and semi-sweet chocolates.  Also brought olives, in case I have that hankering.  1 egg pre-run.  Let's just say I learned what doesn't work. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GC100k

AT: Hope you're coming out of it.

I'm in Texas visiting family and dealing with some issues. 90 degrees yesterday. 60s and windy today but did get a 7 mile run in. Not much running the past couple weeks. We'll see if I can back in the swing when I get back home next week, but March has not turned out to be the big running month I thought it'd be. Hope to get some trail miles in and still do the Ironmasters next month.

LB2

No runs this weekend. My back was hurting a little. I am not sure what that is about.

QOTD: One beach trip in Alabama.

LB2

Sandy-2

Shucks, you guys did notice I wasn't around.

I grunted thru 7 on Sunday morning. Warm rain and still lots of green gunk in the air. (Welcome to TX GC100k!!)

Loved the snow photos, it was in the mid-80's here. Yuck.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy I noticed 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √