Trailer Trash

very Sunny Sundaily (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

shaping up for a nice day here   going to get 6-8 miles in sometime today; had a nice run yesterday 16 miles- the weather was less than optimum- upper 30's, windy and light rain, but the trail was close to 60% ice and snow free.

qotd: anyone looking at new shoes?  LaSportiva has a new shoe, the Akasha- aggressive outsole, medium drop, but supposedly a much more open toe box than their other models- I've had to send two different styles of LaSportivas back due to the tight toe box (even upsizing)- this one just might work

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

7.1 miles last night.

Looking to be a beautiful 60* day today!

QOTD I have wide feet, so it's tough to find shoes for me. I wear Brooks Glycerin on road and trail. I would love to find a trail shoe that works for me.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

7.1 miles last night.

Looking to be a beautiful 60* day today!

QOTD I have wide feet, so it's tough to find shoes for me. I wear Brooks Glycerin on road and trail. I would love to find a trail shoe that works for me.

have you tried any of the Altra lineup?  a little roomier than most of the trail shoes I've tried  I think Nike offers a few trail shoes in EE (and possibly larger???), but no nothing about their lineup at all

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

No running for me today-- all yard work and my hamstrings will be complaining tomorrow.  We're rebuilding some raised beds and now I just need to fill them.    Glorious day today and I suspect all the fair weather runners are out.  Or those that have decided today is a great day to start running, so I'll wait for the trails until tomorrow.

qotd:  I just got a new pair of road shoes-- Brooks Launch-- and I really like them.  They're replacing the Ravennas, which they changed and felt horrible.  Hot spot (which I never get) after 3 miles.  returned those in a hurry.

Daydreamer1

Wasting a lovely day at work. Temp is supposed to hit 62 today.  Came in feeling good, had a call with the one volunteer ambulance company and their ambulance was riding so rough that I got motion sickness . I never get sick in a vehicle.  Did 6.3 easy miles yesterday and realized that it was two weeks since I last ran. Now my legs are sore and tired so I guess a rest day is warranted.

QOTD: Right now I have too many shoes, if that's possible. If I rotate through them properly I probably won't need any until this fall at the earliest.  With that being the case I haven't been keeping up with any changes or new shoes out there.

AT-runner

Tim

Back to back long runs this weekend ending up with 34 miles for both runs. Haven't done that in a while and my legs are reminding me of that fact.  Mix of trails and logging roads. Trails were snow free, but roads had some snow / ice on spots, and some spots went on for 200 yards or so.  Saw a few 4 wheelers out there enjoying the warm day.

My office sits right next to the Gettysburg Airport, a small regional strip that doesn't get too much activity. Yesterday an 87 year old man crashed into a tree well after the end of the strip after aborting a landing.  He was in the air for 3 hours before they could rope him out.  Hope it's his last time at the controls.  It was too close for comfort, but glad office was closed at the time.  The plane is being taken down today.

QOTD:  Just ordered a replacement pair of Inov8's.  No plans to try anything new.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

11 miles this morning with the mutts..50s but cloudy.  Now to finish up the yard work and then the house. It sucks bring a grown up!

Qotd: cjust got a pair of Muzino .Wave Kazan..so far I like them... i wanted more heel and it seems to be working.  Little narrow in front which Iwould  be worried about if I was running long. V

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Planning on doing 6,000 miles today.  On the way to London. So a SRD.

AT - not sure that guy should be still driving a car, no less a plane.

qotd: I'm in the market for a pair of road shoes and trail shoes.  I can get road shoes in Korea, will get trailers during my travels, perhaps this week.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

9 miles Eagle Rock - Jim Reed Trail. Perfect day!!!

qotd   OK on shoes right now but it will not be long.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for a quick slow 3 miles this evening.

AT - that is wild! I agree with Sandy - they should revoke all licenses.

QOTD: I have a pair of Hoka Clifton 2's waiting to be run in.  I have had them for a few months but I think I will use them as a replacement for one of the other pairs I have - currently rotating three pair.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday