Trailer Trash

Uh...Thursday (Read 26 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Somehow this week went by faster than last.  It's almost the weekend!!!

I did not run this morning but I should get in some good miles during DSs soccer practice.

Sandy - GL this weekend! Please share how to follow your progress.

QOTD: pass

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Spilt a fair bit of blood on my hill repeats yesterday, hadn't taken that bad a spill for almost a year. Hit the vitamin I pretty hard last night and feeling better than I thought I would. If all goes well I'll get a easy 5 miler in after work.

qotd: roughly what mileage run do you start worrying about nutrition?  Typically anything under 10 miles I do without, more than 10 I usually start carrying calories

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey boys...no run this morning but will run 5 after work.  Still dealing with this weird heart palpation thingy...and now my husband work up with it.   that is weird.

QOTD:  I would say 13.  If I was racing 13 I would eat but not just out running.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all.. slow day here. Last night the Lady and I ran 6.5 over at Green Lane on the rocky side of the park. Warming up again. Went back to shirtless running. Really crowded out there, relatively speaking. I saw 4 other trail runners and numerous dog walkers and hikers. I suspect everyone is cashing in on the last month or so of evening daylight. This evening? I think I will run my loop on the easier side of the lake.

QOTD: Normally about 3 hours. Runs 2 hours or less I usually I don't even carry fluids, 2-3 hours a handheld or two with water or sports drink, 3+ hours I will carry some gels in my handhelds as well. Now if I am racing say a trail half I will probably pop a gel or two.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a nice run in the sun. Love the heat!

QOTD: Similar to XT. I only carry water on runs less than 2 hours, and only when it is hot. 2-3 hours, I might take along HEED (if it is planned for that long, usually I just end up enjoying the run so much that I decide on a whim to go longer), 3+ hours I take gels or a granola bar with me.

In races, I usually take HEED along, and gels for anything HM or longer, just in case I need an extra boost. On ultras, I have some more nutrition with me, but that's an entirely different topic.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Planning on a little over 7 with DS tonight after he gets home from work. That all depends on him not getting caught up in too much traffic. Just found out there was a fatal accident on the route that he uses to come home. Traffic's all backed up going the opposite way that he will be traveling but the rubberneckers always block things up.

QOTD: Any distance. I tend to have blood sugar crashes at the most inopportune times so I always carry something with me. Normally, however, I don't plan on actually eating anything unless I'm over 8 miles. Between 8-10 I just wait to see how I feel. Anything over 10 and I at least take a gel at the 8 mile mark, around 5 miles if I'm on harder trails. Of course with Tailwind that alters this plan and then I may not eat until 10-12 miles unless I know I'm going long then I still eat something around 5-8 miles. If that sounds complicated, it's because my stomach can be complicated .

some call me Tim

I'm on the fence about getting some miles in today. Now approaching a week after that hard 5k and my quads (particularly right) are just not right... it's weird. Let's just say I am hoping it's all muscular.

qotd: Yeah, 2h/15mi sounds about right for actually carrying fuel 'just in case', 2.5h and up I'd go every 30mins and all that. Water varies widely depending on temp. If it's real hot I'll take a bottle on a 7 miler.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Slow day here.  Everyone must be running, vacationing, traveling, actually working, or just plain lazy.

Queen - hope the heart palpitations turn out to be nothing.

blarg - hope it is simply muscular.

QOTD: I rarely carry anything including water for <2 hours --except for hot humid days and then I do.  Over 3 hours I have water with tailwind.  Over 4.5 hours I might try and pack something solid to eat.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Great night's sleep on the tatami mat in my Japanese style hotel. Planning to go for a little jog this afternoon.

Sandy - GL this weekend! Please share how to follow your progress.

They have just updated the website with live tracking, here's the website news area and there is a link:

http://www.ultratrailmtfuji.com/en/

My number is 234, don't forget my 'real' name is Gary Horn

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, fingers crossed.  :-)

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Luck, Sandy, I hope you'll have a great race!

I love those tatami mats and traditional rooms. Funny detail, when I lived in Japan, even when our Japanese hosts owned "Western" furniture, every time when we "Westerners" were visiting them, they (and we all) would end up sitting on the floor in front of a (low, almost Japanese style) couch table, with our backs against the couch or recliner. After I had returned, I would still always sit on the floor in the evenings (after work, to watch TV, or do something else), with my back against the couch! 

Took me years before I would lie or slouch on a couch or in a recliner the "normal" way again!

Run for fun.

NHLA

8 miles around the mt. Busy day.

qotd I never carry water or food training. If I'm running more than three hours I know where all the water fauntains are. I have eaten service station hot dogs on long runs in the summer.