Trailer Trash

Maniac Monday (Read 18 times)

LB2

Today is an SRD.

QOTD: Are you active on social media, and if so, where?

I used to be on FB, but since I got off of it, life is much simpler living in reality. I consider this a form of social media. I am active here; I am active on a hunting site for Mississippi (just the turkey section), and at bayoubucks.com (mostly in the turkey section, and I do a blog on that site.). I do some running stuff, but mostly turkey hunting. I haven't been active on the blog since last April.  I need to do something soon.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Saw where they are evacuating 200,000 people for a possible spillway breach at Oroville Dam.  Don't know if Queen knows anyone near that area, but man they must be having some kind of rain out there to go from drought to too much water in one season.

No run  yesterday as I worked on some projects at out rental place. On the way home we stopped at Ocean City, MD and ate our way up the boardwalk.  Not many people out, so was nice to only be only 10th in line for Thrasher's French Fries.  DW has waited over an hour before to get her fries. They really are the best fries around.

Walking today at lunch or on TM later.  I have TM set at 4.2 MPH and that's a pretty brisk walk.  Long trail run tomorrow.

QOTD:  Yes, somewhat active.  I "unfollowed" most people on FB and use it for groups and jokes.  I originally kept family and a small group of people that I enjoy seeing what they are up to, but even cut out some family when things got too political.  I still follow any FB friends from this site (even Mandy who never posts here anymore ).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Last evening at work started out pretty nice then turned to shit.  When the weather system rolled through it brought with it winds with gust that felt like they could have hit 40-50 mph. Trees down all over the place. Went to one accident where the utility poles blew down onto the road and a vehicle got tangled up in the communication cables. She was only about 3-5 feet away from getting tangled up in the high power lines .  There are a lot of Amish in that area and there were quite a few buggies on the road trying to get home from their Sunday socials so it could have been a lot worse if the poles would have hit one of them.

Then I went back to the station and ate a egg sandwich I had made at home.  Almost instantly I didn't feel the best. Tried to take a nap and partially succeeded only to wake up just before 3 am puking.  Ended up coming home with a couple of stops along the way to dry heave. Still feel like crap . Feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat then threw me in the road to get run over by a Mack Truck.

Can't see any running in my plans today.

QOTD: Mostly just here. I have a FB account but can't stand how everyone wants to push their agenda no  matter what it is so I rarely log in there.  I read a good bit over on Slowtwitch but rarely post.  Since I got back into the gym and have been seeing gains I was reading on some of the bodybuilding forums and will post occasionally.  That's mostly for strict entertainment because having a decent conversation with a bodybuilder is just about impossible, too much LDS on bodybuilding forums.  I'm also on an investment web site. I've figured out that you don't have to be real smart to have money and play around with investing it.  Also got banned from some posts on that site because the moderators didn't like that I thought Trumps economic plans were the better ones, so I took a break from that site for a while. Found out I made better decisions on my own anyway. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the bad news- I had 6.5 total miles last week

the good news- I'm over my cold and ready to roll; also my shoulder is 90%+ healed

I did the cross fit workout "Murph" yesterday

1 mile run followed by- 300 air squats, 200 push-ups, 100 pull-ups followed by another 1 mile run

I hadn't done this workout in over a year, but was pretty happy with my 40 minute time- not bad for an old guy 

plan is to get 5-ish after work, looking forward to a run!

qotd: no FB (DW likes it), but frequent a few other forums- backpacking and hunting related

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing yet.   May run at lunch as it's a beautiful day out there.

If you have heard about the dam in Oroville, folks are worried and the whole area got evacuated.  At work, we have taken over Butte county's call center for child support.  About three weeks ago we took over  Inyo County calls as there offices got flooded.  So the folks here are busy.  We also have over 700 evacuated folks at our fairgrounds so staff are helping there.  Doesn't sound like much but we ain't that big here.  Sounds like they have the dam under control for now.

QOTD: I am on here and FB which has dried up a lot since the election.  I like FB to see pictures of the family back in Michigan, where folks are running, animal pictures, inspirational shit, and poking jokes at each other.  It pissed me off a bit when friends that rarely use FB jumped on it full time to bitch about politics!.

From Saturdays run...these dogs ran 20 miles!

Image may contain: 1 person, dog, outdoor and nature

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not much going on for me.  Back still hurting although today is better than the weekend.  Will still be taking it easy this week.

QOTD: Social what?!?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

From Saturdays run...these dogs ran 20 miles!

Image may contain: 1 person, dog, outdoor and nature

Looks like they are ready for another 20!!!!!

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning. Same park as yesterday, much better today since it was about 35 deg cooler.

qotd: only for the cat videos.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

Lazy day today.  32 with 30 mph wind. Got nice after lunch but I'm not a big afternoon runner.

qotd  dailymile,RW, and here. That's it. I leave my cell phone in the car.  I only get on the computer to make money. Somebody ask me how I do that and I told him it's a state of mind. Other than running websites I don't touch the keys unless I get money for it.