Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 23 times)

Daydreamer1

Have a few chores to do around the house then I'll head up on the mountain for 10-12 miles. Not been feeling very good the past few days so I may have to cut it short. Thought the same thing last night before heading out, but the longer I was out the better I felt.........until I got home.  Must have caught  some type of bug .

QOTD: What is one adventure that you would like to do but probably never will? Why not?

I'd like to do a raft trip down the Grand Canyon.  It will probably never happen simply because it's a long trip and not one that DW would be into doing.  She would be OK with short day trips or one that had primitive cabins etc. for night time, but she's not interested because it's all wilderness style camping.  A long vacation like that would be the only trip of that year, and to do it without her would leave her sitting at home by herself. So, unless I can find something that she wants to do without me, I'll probably never do it.

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran an easy untimed 6 miles last night at Coventry Woods. Felt more like spring last night. A few light showers on the way to the trail but little to no rain during our run. Enjoyable run albeit a short one. I am looking for something longer this evening. 8-10 miles. Maybe something flat on the rail trail but I often say that and never do it.

QOTD: I've actually thought about the Grand Canyon trip a few times. The multiple day trip down the river. You have to plan way ahead I believe so that has been a deterrent. I would like to travel to the south Pacific, explore some of the reefs and islands. While not a diver I don't mind a bit of xtreme snorkeling.  Both my wife and I enjoy that activity. That is a $$$ issue.

Dreamer - you must have the same bug I have. I've been able to run through it for the most part except for Friday. I actually feel better during and after my run. I saw your question about the Triple Crown. I've run those trails quite often, even the Delaware Trail Marathon a few times. Expect fairly smooth trails as they get a lot of mountain bike traffic, little to no rocks, roots in some places. Could be some mud and slickness depending upon rain. Hills, rollers for the most part, maybe the biggest climb 200+ feet or so out of the river valley in a few places. A good running trail course.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No bugs here! (knock on wood).  Got to the gym last night for a little run and workout last night.

QOTD: Lots of things I will probably never get to do.  One is a thru hike of the AT.  Not sure I really want to do it all at once due to the huge increase in traffic causing overcrowding at shelters, etc.  But maybe do it in sections.  Maybe when the boys are older and can do it with me.  It's a bit of a money/work/time thing.  Until then, I just dream about it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I ran around 5.5 miles...I forgot to turn off my watch and I didn't even look at my miles when I got back to the gate... WTF.. what is happening to me.  Next thing you know I might be like some of you free spirits here and start running without a watch!

So I was thinking LB was in the neighborhood since there was a dead turkey with it's head ripped off on my trail.  Pretty fresh and in the same place as a squirrel also with it's head ripped off.  What kid of animal (except humans) would pull off the head and leave the rest?  The turkey was missing part of the chest too.  The squirrel disappeared after a few days.  I hope the turkey is gone tomorrow.

QOTD:  I want to hike the Appalachian Trail.  I actually dreamed last night I was backpacking and getting ready for bed when I realized I would be alone in the dark and was going to be scared.   So I would do this if the old man (OM) wanted to do it but he couldn't leave his material things (cars/house) for that long.  He would worry too much.  He expressed interest in doing part of PCT.   I wouldn't mind that River Raft trip either.  It's spendy so my OM probably wouldn't want to pay for it. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Me and Mr Jangles did ten this morning. Still on the cold side at 30 with a slight breeze but slowly warming up, shorts weather right around the corner.

DreamOTD: I would love to take a whole summer off to hike the North country trail.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Probably hasn't made national news, but we have a forest fire burning on the was side of the Bob Marshall- unheard of this time of the year. Sounds like we might be getting some much needed moisture toward the end of the week- fingers crossed.

Going to get 6-ish miles in after work. Looks like we should have done an April challenge- you guys are out ahead of me.

qotd: I would really like to do the UTMB, no going to happen I'm afraid- a 100 miler (especially a hard 100- well they are all hard) just isn't in the cards. I do think I might be able to do the route some day, breaking it into 3-4 days- that would still be a great adventure!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I am "working" from home today....toddler barking like a seal. DD had a Dr appointment and scheduled to work. I will not likely get anything substantial done until their bedtime. Sadly, no run today. But I had a really nice one last night.

Qotd: right now just going to the bathroom by myself would be great...but that is unlikely. As for trips...I would like to run/hike some long trail all by myself...without getting lost for a month. I hope some day it will happen. In the meantime....I will be happy to get in a nice long run any day life allows.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So far just a short run back home after dropping off the car for oil change and some repairs. I was moving about the same speed as the rush hour traffic.

QOTD: I'd love to do a camping trip in Gates of the Arctic National Park, but between cost and getting older it's unlikely to happen. Ditto with hiking some of the great treks in New Zealand.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Got in 5 creaky miles at lunch, with my route ending conveniently outside the ben & jerry's ice cream store. It's free cone day and I earned that mango sorbet!  I might need to take the kiddos later...

Harrier-- yesterday's question-- I think my sister ended up with about 3 gallons. The last batch being pretty dark and better for baking. It had a very slight 'funky' aftertaste to it.

Moonlight- I remember those days.  good luck.

qotd:  Hmmm, nothing comes to mind. I'm an optimist so I still think that all my trip ideas are going to happen Smile. Ask me again in a few years, though.

AT-runner

Tim

Got up early and ran for over 3 hours. Not sure of the distance (Queen - no watch for this free spirit) but probably 17 or so.  Mixed up trails in a way that I've never done before and really had a nice run. I'll have to take along the Garmin next time and map it out and get a distance.

They were working on the logging road when I pulled in, so I parked at a different area (another reason why I don't know the distance). On my way back to the car, I passed "Road Closed" signs and sure enough they had closed me in. Had to drive back up the hill and get a DCNR guy to move the gate so I could get out. He said he knew I was coining and was sorry they did't get the sign up earlier. Nice guy, so couldn't be mad.

No bug for me. Hope I stay Bug Free since DD#1 is coming home for 36 hours while making a work detour. Don't want to be sick when I pick her up at the airport on Thursday. DW is besides herself with joy to see her and since DS comes home for 5 days next month.

Trail was a bit grown over in sections. The opening betwen the rhododendrons was about 4' high.

QOTD:  Trip to Egypt to see the pyramids and explore. Probably will never happen, but I can dream.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

QOTD: I'd love to do a camping trip in Gates of the Arctic National Park, but between cost and getting older it's unlikely to happen. Ditto with hiking some of the great treks in New Zealand.

Ahhh. You just had to mention Gates of the Arctic .  Now I just added several more adventures to the list that will probably never get done.  There is that one, riding my bike down the haul road from Prudhoe Bay to Fairbanks, and riding my bike back the road into Denali.  Riding into Denali is a possibility because I could start really early, DW could take the bus back in and I could meet her for the ride out. I just have to get back to Alaska.

If I ever plan a  visit to a foreign country New Zealand is at the top of the list, thanks to the scenery in The Lord of the Rings.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ahhh. You just had to mention Gates of the Arctic .  Now I just added several more adventures to the list that will probably never get done.  There is that one, riding my bike down the haul road from Prudhoe Bay to Fairbanks, and riding my bike back the road into Denali.  Riding into Denali is a possibility because I could start really early, DW could take the bus back in and I could meet her for the ride out. I just have to get back to Alaska.

If I ever plan a  visit to a foreign country New Zealand is at the top of the list, thanks to the scenery in The Lord of the Rings.

I did make it to Alaska back in 1996 and had some wonderful hiking in Denali and Wrangel-St Elias National Parks.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A few pics from the Mt. Joy - Mt Misery loop at Valley Forge. It may not be obvious but these all look uphill and are rocky.

Mt Joy

Mt Misery - halfway up

Mt Misery - a little further up

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Sandy-2

Today is Election Day here so the office is closed. Yay!!!  I got up and did 15 mi on the hike/bike path. I've got a little work to do yet but I should hit my scheduled 50 for this week.

mt, I really think the only thing between you and a 100 mile is your mind. If you decide to go for it, it sounds to me that you could jump in and knock it off at any time.

Qotd: I'm with runtraildc on this one. Ever the optimist.

tbd.