Trailer Trash

another stormy sunday (Read 22 times)

runtraildc

Storms should be rolling thru here this afternoon, again.  Will be getting out for 4 or 5 miles shortly with a friend on the paved trail.  Hopefully we'll beat the thunderstorms, but I'm feeling a bit sluggish this am so it might be close.  Got in over 4 very flat miles yesterday at the beach, where it was much cooler than DC.  Nice headwind, too.

qotd:  I was a big "I dream of Jeannie' fan when I was a kid, which might  explain this:  If you could teleport by blinking your eyes, where would you go right now to spend the day?  Me, maybe somewhere in the Pacific NW since it is already mid-morning in the east and I want to maximize my time.  My sister lived on one of the San Juan Islands (Orcas) for a number of years so that will be my choice.  Mountains, ocean, fresh fish dinner.

some call me Tim

Got in 11 this morning with friends on bike paths and such down by Lake Erie. It was nice to have a change of scenery.

qotd: I'll go with what first came to mind - San Francisco. There are prettier places, I'm sure, but I love it there and it's been a few years.

Go Couch!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 9 miles this morning as the sun came up.  It sure was humid and I was drenched.

QOTD: Up on a quiet mountain with a nice view...anyone would do.

Have a great Sunday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 10 miles in the hills, weather near perfect for running- low 40's and overcast- I bagged my run yesterday as it rained all day, no complaints we really needed a good soaking

qotd: my mind was wandering this morning about a vacation in the Alps- Swiss, French, Italian- I'm not picky 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

20 miles this morning, in the woods, nice overcast day.

QOTD:  Michigan so I could hang out with my family for the day

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

did another 16 mile bike ride with DW.  Now I'll head out for another 20 or so by myself and hit some hard hills.

Looks like Couch finished in 33:39:11.

QOTD: My first thought was up to Alaska to Denali National park. As long as I could take my Mtn bike along and spend the day biking the road back into Wonder Lake. Unfortunately the road may not be open yet and if it was I'm not in good enough biking shape to do a hundred miles on dirt roads with the climbing that is there. Second choice would be the north rim of The Grand Canyon. There I'd take a nice stroll down to the river and back.

Sandy-2

qotd: visit family, but if not, than a nice quiet Buddhist temple in the woods...

Looks crowded, but there was a large group, once they went by we almost had the place to ourselves.

tbd.