Trailer Trash

Wiped Wednesdaily (Read 28 times)

Sandy-2

A bit wiped from a 10 miler early this morning. Went down the west side to Battery Park and back. It was about 80 deg and humid, I'm not used to that thick stuff since I moved overseas.  But truthfully, now that I'm sitting in a nice little mid-town diner with lots of AC and coffee, I'm feeling much better. I guess that is typical.

We're going up to the Bronx to see the Yanks play the A's tonight, hopefully won't be rained out.

Qotd: pass.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Wiped indeed, but I had a wiped Tuesday night. I have a run or two like this every summer where I hit the trail and feel like an amateur. The combination of humidity, deer flies, wet trail, slippery rocks had me stumbling and bumbling around at a slow pace and even walking several times just because it was about as fast. Heck even the wife called me as I was driving home wondering if I was ok as I running a bit late. LOL. So mark me down for a 10 mile slog last night at French Creek. Today, I think I will actually run on the road. I have a hilly 7 mile route that I like to do now and then out in the country. I will follow that up with a dive in the pool to cool down.

QOTD: Do you watch of pay attention to the Tour?

Me yes, but for the most part just the mountain stages. The scenery is wonderful and the coverage is pretty good considering the scope and movement of the race.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

4 or 5 after work, even if it is raining. I may bail if it is lightning. I took a chance yesterday and survived.

QOTD: If I remember that it is on, I may watch some of it, but I don't really care about cycling. I will follow Hardrock this weekend, though.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Shortish run yesterday in the heat and humidity and then DW and I went to Longwood Gardens to walk around for miles and see the flowers and then watched a concert with Peter and Paul (Mary died a few years back).  Great day and concert.

Yesterday's QOTD : If a chocolate milkshake is a smoothie, then that's my answer.

QOTD:  Yes, watch replay every night.  We look forward to the Tour every year.  I rode bikes for several years and used to do Tri's, so I'm always amazed at the speed those guys can ride.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran my normal weekly "5k in the hood" last night.  I was wiped by the middle of it - I think mostly a mental thing because I cannot seem to progress any faster - but then was able to pick it up at the end.  I will use today as a rest day.  My legs are begging for the day off.

QOTD: I have not been paying attention to it but it always amazes me how fast those guys are going downhill and how aggressive they are on the sustained climbs.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Back for the qotd....

qotd: I follow but not that closely, more like checking out the standings every 3rd day or so.  As LB2 said, I will certainly follow the HR100 this weekend (well during the time that I'm not in a plane back to the east.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4.22 this am with the mutts...legs still feeling it from Monday.  I think wiped is the word of the day.    Will do gym for upper at lunch.

QOTD:  I watched the crash...that's about it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

SRD. Spending the day at work.  Been busy so far. Legs feel pretty good after yesterday's long run.

QOTD: The last several years I haven't. This year I kind of forgot that it had started until I saw the crash the other day. Now I'll probably pay more attention to it, especially the mountain stages.  I'll try to remember that Hardrock is running this weekend and follow that as well.

slosh

Had a great 7 miler; even did some fartleks.  Cool weather helps but that is about over.

Qotd: nope, can't get into Tour de France.  Will be keeping up with HR tho.

some call me Tim

7 miles on the home trails today, and about to head off for a mile race down in town.. one long block - that ought to be interesting

qotd: nah, I don't follow cycling

Gator eye

It was a cool 48 this morning so I pushed it out for a easy 10 this am.

QOTD: I can't stand to drive my car that far let alone bike that far

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

12 muddy, steep, slippery rocky trails with DD. and all before breakfast. I think part of it was the first few miles (2-4 or so, as mile 1 is on road) of ES100 and the Call of the Wilds Marathon). We got lost a bit Did some off-trail scouting, it was steep uphill along some buried lines, but fun. There are plenty of mushrooms out, In all imaginable colors. Creeks are full with water like in spring, and the rocks are wet and slippery. Good luck DD1 for that one!

XT: agree fully with your description of the run. DD and I each had a tick attached to our leg after the run.

QOTD: I follow it but right now have only spotty Internet and phone connection, so no live watching. And over the weekend it's going to be Hardrock.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Wiped Wednesdaily is right. Wiped out my little toe during what was an awesome run in perfect, cool running weather. I have a bad feeling I might have broken it and maybe a small bone in my foot. I hope it is better tomorrow. I was able to finish the run. It was either run through the pain or walk through clouds of hungry mosquitoes. I chose pain with lots of cursing.

Qotd: no, I don't watch it. I have no tv. I read about the progress in the news,  but it is not somthi,g that interests me.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I can't stand to drive my car that far let alone bike that far

Good one.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!