Trailer Trash

Hello Fall Tuesdailies (Read 31 times)

It was 45 F at the trail head when we started out on a 3 mile trail run.  It was actually chill, but pleasant.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

We're off to a roaring start, I see.  I got in some 'runners' yoga last night as yesterday was a rest day.  I'm trying to keep ahead of the left hip flexor, as it has been really tight lately.  I look at folks sitting cross-legged on the floor and just wince.  The weather is incredible here, so I am looking for my planned tempo run to be on some trails later.

qotd:  Let's go to a favorite topic- food.  Doing anything differently with your diet recently?  I've being trying to cut back on processed wheat products, but has only made me more aware of how much bread we eat.  Not a lot of pasta, so that hasn't been hard.  But man, toast with homemade jam in the morning.  With a cup of coffee.  just one of the great ways to start the day.

Occasional Runner

Its been unusually quiet in here lately...

I ran 5 or 6 miles with the dog this morning. I have no reason to be running seriously, so I'm taking the time to work with the pup and get her trained a bit better. She's a bit of a free spirit on the trails, which is fine, but she needs a little more discipline. She's pretty damn smart, so its easy work.

QOTD: Nothing "different" really, but I'm in the middle of a couple of close 100's, so I'm eating more than normal so I'm not underweight for the Bear.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I'm going to test out the ol' hip today after my little jaunt on Saturday.  Can't wait for work to end so I can run.  Too bad it's only 10am.  Dammit.

QOTD: Nothing really.  I ate a gluten free dinner last night.  Not on purpose. 

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Hello all... 7 miles last night with the gsp out on the trails of Coventry Woods. A bit of a sluggish start, but I made it to the top of the ridge in good time so ended up doing a sort of tempoish run. Felt good. Nice and cool out there. This is by far my favorite trail route now.

QOTD: Not really.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

Still recovering, although my legs feel 80% less sore today than they did yesterday - rest is an amazing thing.  May spin some on the bike in the gym just to keep loose, start running again tomorrow.

QOTD:  I gave up desserts during my taper, so was glad to have them back (to the point of stopping for a large chocolate milkshake on the drive back from my race - best thing I've drunk in a long time).  Otherwise I'm pretty omnivorous and haven't really added or stopped anything in particular.

Sandy-2

Planning to run about 5 mi after work today.  It'll be a "crisp" 83* nice...

I'm still on a prolonged "cut back" since I have been spending less time running and more time getting ready for the move.  Not to mention family time and priorities.  For the past 2 months I have been doing between 20 and 40 miles each week, but no single run has been longer than 10 miles.

qotd: I'm kind of on a "stress diet" these days, lots of big changes.  Been eating pretty well but the added stress just burns it off.  Add in a few short runs and I've been losing weight over the past few weeks.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's just way too smoky here...woke up a 7:15 and could barely see the tree in the front of my house so no time for a run plus no reason to run.  Heading to San Diego for next three days.  Where should I run?

QOTD:Well I did cut out red meat and pork about 6 months ago.  Next is chicken.

Sandy2:  The stress diet actually works good.  I have finally lost that last 5 pounds. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wonderful weather here, so I might break my resolution and actually go for a run again. 

QOTD: Not really, just the past few days I've been eating more than usual - too much time, and no reason to withhold food until after the run. Still did not gain weight. Which makes me wonder, as every time when I can't run, what all this "energy balance" buzz is about: when I run a lot, I don't get to eat as much, and I don't lose weight (not that I needed to anyway). When I don't run for an extended period due to injury, I eat more, and lose about 1 lb per week (all muscle, as my theory goes). When I don't run for several days in a row, I eat a lot, and my weight stays the same.

No point in changing anything. I'm good.

Run for fun.

LB2

Probably 30 minutes down hill and 30 minutes uphill and a little weightlifting after the running at the gym.

QOTD: I am just eating and running. I have dropped a good deal of weight. People I haven't seen in awhile are asking if I am sick. My buddy, who is a doctor and also running Pinhoti, says that is good; don't worry about it.

LB2

Watoni

It's just way too smoky here...woke up a 7:15 and could barely see the tree in the front of my house so no time for a run plus no reason to run.  Heading to San Diego for next three days.  Where should I run?

QOTD:Well I did cut out red meat and pork about 6 months ago.  Next is chicken.

Sandy2:  The stress diet actually works good.  I have finally lost that last 5 pounds. 

Queen, it depends where you are staying in SD. Some of the really good trails are in the inland hills, but it gets hot there. Cuyamaca rancho state park ( I believe there is a 100K there) has tons of trails. Of course, if you want a Socal experience, I say run along the beach from Del Mar (feet may get wet) to Torrey Pines State Park, run the trail that parallels the road to the top, head right at the top to the Beach trail, enjoy the descent to the ocean, run along the ocean a bit towards La Jolla, and retrace your steps so you get a good steep climb with steps, sand and some rocks on the way back!

BTW, ran a few miles at lunch ... I need to rest, but am stubborn.

runtraildc

I have finally lost that last 5 pounds. 

No worries, I found it.

NorthernHarrier

After a great weekend of running, logging, and hunting I have been a slacker for two days. Gonna take Cloe out for a couple miles around the hood right after I hit the post button but that's about it. Had great plans to run some hilly single track tonight after work with a headlamp but I was tired and hungry.  I did at least get a real good workout in the man cave yesterday so I guess not a total slacker.

QOTD- I try, I try....

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 6 miler in this evening; was warm, but a nice thunderstorm rolled through and cooled it into the mid-60's

qotd: nothing too special, insuring to get plenty of fruit/veggies, but it's offset by hamburgers, ribeyes, etc Smile

NH- ^ sending you a message on your trip to the Winds

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √