Trailer Trash

Munday (Read 9 times)

LB2

I ran 2 hours this morning. I woke up with a sinus headache at 2:30, took two snorts of Flonase and two cups of coffee. I was out the door at 3:55 AM. I could see lightning flashing up towards Natchez, MS, too far to hear it.

QOTD: What is worst thing that you have ever experienced in a race that pretty much stopped you from completing it or almost stopped you from completing it? And looking back, what could you have done to correct the problem?

I think the worst experience I have ever had at a race/event was trying to run too fast when it was too hot. I totally lost sight of my situation and let my emotions get the best of me that day. I didn't think through my problems rationally and logically. I panicked, and I just let everything snowball on me. I was done at mile 38 or so, long ride home. I rarely let that happen in anything, but when I do, it has disastrous results. I run in the heat all the time, much warmer than what we had that day. I just totally blew it.

It was cool when we started, and I had on some long sleeves. I should have done three things: 1. take some layers off. 2. slow down. 3. relax.

LB2

LB2

Use Summer Monday.

LB2