Trailer Trash

weekender (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We watched a Mt Bike race in our neighbor hood Saturday..so much fun.  This guy was holding a beer can and as riders passed the rider would  sude kick the beer out of his hand with the back tire.  They also love to do a silent cheer where we have our arms but make no noise.....until the rider yells out F??? Y.. and we all irrupt in cheers.  Much more fun than watching a 100 mile race  The brewery who sponsors it said they made the beer 5% instead of 7% because people said they got goo drunk last year.  It was $5 for a tall boy named after Buddy "Hey Buudy" who died in a car crash a few years back at 18 

oh runnning... went out with the group for 14.5. Jack ran off with Harley and it took us awhike to locate them.  He was leashed the rest of the run.

Qotd:  I hope so we want to put the house up for sale soon.  When we bought 11 years ago if we had waited a year we would have save a lot but the house shoukd be back up and hire than we paid.

sandy:  We have relatives in Haugesund Norway... but at those prices I don't think I csn afford to visit them!! No wonder why they wanted to drink all day!!  Is the vidka cheap?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ran 23 yesterday on the Miwok 100k course with a couple RC friends who are doing the race (I am not).  Beautiful sunny spring day (I know some folks on the East coast are dealing with crappy weather, sorry about that!).  Had an ankle niggle come up yesterday, which I think was due to new shoes.  I think the edge of the opening into the shoe was bumping against an ankle bone and gradually caused some painful bruising.  Weird, since I've been wearing this shoe (Brooks Cascadia 10s) for a few years with no problem.  So, no running today to let the ankle recover.

XT, nice 10k!  At least you were able to retrieve the shoe from the mud.

Sandy, I loved Norway, expensive prices and all.  I found it really interesting that they rely so much on hydro-electric power. despite all the oil offshore  When we were there a couple years ago, we'd be driving along stunning beautiful forests, mountains, and rivers, and then turn a corner, and run smack into a massive ugly hydroelectric power plant.  But, it makes sense given the massive amount of water at their disposal.  An interesting county for sure.

Runtraildc, nice pic.  I love bright green terrain.  Bluebells are a bonus.

QOTD: real estate prices are crazy here and getting worse.  > $1 million for an average 3 bedroom house.  We're not too far from Silicon Valley or from San Francisco, and demand far exceeds supply.  Location, location, location, as they say.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR