Trailer Trash

What's up Wednesdaily (Read 13 times)

Daydreamer1

AT - I'm putting it down as a frustrating trip. First we decided to cancel going to Glacier due to wanting to spend time with my BIL while he is still well enough to do so. Ended up leaving there a day earlier then planned because he was undergoing "treatments" and we couldn't really visit with him anyway. Had to get a place in Banff because  Jasper was totally full.  That was a nice day there though. Now they are getting so much precipitation that the trails are going to be able to be used for a few days I'm sure. The problem with Jasper is it's all outside activities so there isn't much to do when it gets like this.

WC - Yep it was about that up here too. Once I arrived it got cold and wet.  As soon as we leave it's going to return to normal which is about 15-20 degrees higher then now.  I'd stay another day but DW has to be back to work before me and the whole town is pretty much sold out at this point.

Warden - The interesting thing with the fire season is that it appears as if it wasn't too bad up here and now this weather isn't hitting the southern areas where it's needed as much.  Last I seen there is still one burning somewhere south of Kootenay Nat. Park. I drove west over the pass into Kootenay on Sunday and that area was filled with smoke and it was pretty easy to smell it.

Sandy-2

What kind of taper are you doing?

I'll do 10 tomorrow then one more 20 this Sat, then it's 2 weeks of tapering after that.

DD1, nice photos. Looks like a nice wintery trip.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sorry the snow came early for you...that place is so beautiful.

"The problem with Jasper is it's all outside activities so there isn't much to do when it gets like this."

If I remember correctly about my Canadian Neighbors, theirs always a pub somewhere..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

If I remember correctly about my Canadian Neighbors, theirs always a pub somewhere..

Yep, there's a bunch of them here. The only problem is that I'm one of those ultra runners who rarely imbibes and when I do I'm a real lightweight .