Trailer Trash

It doesn't feel like Wednesday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Yes!  And of course, Harrier too.  Where is TT (and Marley)?

I don't run ultras anymore!  Do I get to be part of the non-ultra club?

Warden hasn't logged in since May 26th. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Game on for June!  you and I have the same yearly goal too... I'm always competing against you ya little monkey.  We could do highest number or set a goal to reach for the month.  My goal is always 150 a month but haven't reached it yet this year. 

Not sure I would have noticed that unless you said something.  We need a monthly challenge again - This month or next?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I'm all chill after my massage last night...  It was sorta different since it was more of a Chinese acu-pressure sort of thing, but also some typical muscle relaxation stuff thrown in.  By the way I went to a German friend of my DW's for the massage.  I keep telling the DW that I'm all Zen and my proper Chi is flowing.  But I have to admit things feel pretty good and my lower back hasn't felt this good in months.  She also did all sorts of pushing and squeezing of my foot to get the proper Chi in my PF, the jury is still out on that one.

I did 45 minutes on the f'ing stationary bike this morning.

qotd: 160 miles.  (25 of those miles are what I'm calling "equivalent miles" based on time on the bike, my conversion is based on the time on the bike and a 9 min/mile run, for example 45min = 5 "equivalent running miles", I actually did about 13 mi according to the bike readout.) Considering that I'm falling apart in my old age, horrible cold in the beginning of the month with 8 days off and the PF causing another 4 days off at the end of the month, I'm ok with the total.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

qotd: 160 miles.  (25 of those miles are what I'm calling "equivalent miles" based on time on the bike, my conversion is based on the time on the bike and a 9 min/mile run, for example 45min = 5 "equivalent running miles", I actually did about 13 mi according to the bike readout.) Considering that I'm falling apart in my old age, horrible cold in the beginning of the month with 8 days off and the PF causing another 4 days off at the end of the month, I'm ok with the total.

All kinds of opinions on bike to run conversions. Some say 3 to 1, others 4 to 1. Of course effort level and all that come into play along with stationary vs riding the road vs. technical mtn. biking.  Say you ride 15 mph on the road at a decent effort, that's one mile every 4 minutes so you would need to ride at least 12 minutes to equal one mile of running, in theory anyway and not that it really matters.  I actually thought the ratio should be around 4-1 unscientifically. Just a fwiw. Back when I did a lot more serious riding and triathlons, time trials, etc. I used to get hung up on data and trying to find the right balance of running, vs. biking for triathlons. Now that I'm old I look back on that nonsense and shake my head. What a loser.

Edit/add--just went googling and it seems the 4 miles cycling to 1 mile running is the more accepted ratio now but there are still a lot of variables.

Sandy-2

NH, thanks for the info. Who knew that there'd be an "accepted ratio" ?  As you say it would also depend on what "load setting" you use on the bike (I put it on 10 on the Korean machine that I'm using.)  I'm not that anal so I really don't care, in fact most times when I figure out running mileage I go by time and I'm not that accurate (and tend to always under estimate distance).

All I know is that there is a puddle of sweat on the floor after I'm done on the bike because they don't crank the AC and they only open the windows (locals simply amazed/amused with the amount I sweat since they don't seem to sweat at all and generally wear jackets even when it's 80 deg F).  Plus my heart rate seems to be higher on the machine than running at my usual plodding 5 mi pace.  For me and what I'm current doing, it would be easier to cruse 5 or 6 miles in 45 min than to ride on the freaking bike the way I do for 45 minutes.

Anyway you opened my eyes a bit and I learned something today - thanks !!!!   Hopefully my foot will heal up and I won't be on the bike too much longer.

tbd.