Trailer Trash

S'not Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Little attempt at a play on words there for the title. I'm still blowing snot

from being sick earlier this week, but snotty Thursdaily was too rude.

I did a short run this morning on trails in the backyard, they need some

maintenance. Last year when I was working PT I had more time to

clear and maintain, now not so much.

QOTD: Town and State. Where were you born, where have you lived,

and where do you live now.

I'll come back late to add my answer.

AT-runner

Tim

Walked and ran a bit on the TM.  Raining outside and I wanted to break in my new Olympus shoes but not get them soaked. Now heading off to buy rose some rose bushes for the back yard for DW.

QOTD:  Born in a Hospital in Washington, DC. Grew up in Silver Spring, MD (the Washington suburbs).  Lived in Rockville, MD for a bit and then Iowa for 4 years and for the past 29 years, Gettysburg, PA.  Thar's all. I still consider myself a Washingtonian and can't stand the Township government policies of the "Commonwealth of PA".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi trailers, eked out 3 miles late yesterday and so far today, have spent too much time with the insurance company and the VW settlement folks. It's raining pretty hard so it wasn't a great disappointment.  Yes, they are calling our car a total loss, but I'm pushing back on the valuation. Our other option is to sell to VW. grrr.

qotd: born St Paul Mn, lived AK, OR, WA and now Silver Spring, MD (near the DC border). Often run AT's childhood neighborhood (since it's near two favorite parks and my kid's training pool). Still consider myself a Minnesotan.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a couple good runs earlier this week and then 1+ last night just because...

Today has been an interesting day at work and it's not even noon yet.  Our office is moving in June and myself and another manager found out we are losing our offices.  We will need to be in cubicles.  It's not a big deal for me as I was in a cubicle for 7+ years until I was promoted about a year and a half ago. My fellow manager was, well let's say not so happy.  She blew a gasket.  She has been here 12 years and had her own office the entire time.  Other managers will be affected too so it's not like we are targeted.  But it is what it is.  I would have been more frustrated but she was angry enough for both of us, many of us actually.  Not sure how this will play out.  But there are many payoffs in the new space such as much bigger, new furniture, and natural light!!! So it's all good.

QOTD: Born in Concord MA, moved to PA (outside of Philly) at age 18 and then moved to the Harrisburg area around age 24.  Been here ever since.  Occasionally I have thoughts of wanting to move but DW is planted firmly here with her family all around the southcentral PA area and in the last couple years my parents moved to the area so moving is not really an option.  I would love to move to VA and get a nice teaching gig there - somewhere close to the mountains.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jamie: There have been studies about office communication and cubicles vs offices,

cubicles certainly promote comms. Although it is nice to close the door to your office

for calls and meetings. I'm in a cubby now without natural light, I would trade anything

just to have light and be able to open a window.

QOTD: I've always wanted to live in the same town, but hasn't happened yet. I was

born in New Bedford, MA and have lived in: Orlando, FL Westport, MA
            Ft. Lauderdale, FL South Dartmouth, MA New Bedford, MA Mattapoisett, MA (2) New York, NY
            Nantucket, MA (3) Menemsha, MA Vineyard Haven, MA Edgartown, MA Oak Bluffs, MA
            Bourne, MA Harwich, MA (2) Berlin, MD Livermore, CA (2) San Ramon, CA
            Buzzards Bay, MA Lakeville, MA. Now live in Stony Point, NY

LB2

I'll run 6 again after work. I did two runs yesterday, 3.25 and 6 after work. I started to get up and do that again, but I don't want to push too hard with my back improving. So, one 6 miler is enough for today. I was headed up the gravel road in my truck this morning and saw a freshly run over copperhead. I need to get in there on the trails and clean them up a little bit as soon as I can. Those copperheads really blend into the pine straw covered trails.

QOTD: I was born in Baton Rouge, La. and grew up in Grangeville, La. When I joined the Marines, I lived in California, Japan, and North Carolina. After that, I came back for college and stayed. I don't see me leaving permanently until I die. My wife is very rooted with her family, and we bought a big house down the gravel road from them. We love it there. But if it was up to me, I'd be in the Rocky Mtns. I could easily live in a yurt on the edge of a wilderness area and teach high school English if it was just me. I'm glad it isn't just me, but if it was, I could do that. Although, I would probably get something more substantial than a yurt.

LB2

Gator eye

Hi all, perfect tittle for me I ve been sick sense last friday. In the last week I think I only have around 30 miles in. My cut back week turned into a major cut back.

Anyway feelin better now and got 8 in this morning.

QOTD: lived in the same spot all my life besides my time in the service.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

pleasant 5-ish mile run yesterday evening; have a 30k (it's actually 20 miles, but who's counting ); will take the next two days off

I debated all week about bagging the race and getting in more snowshoe/pack miles with the Bob Open just two weeks out, but figured I already paid for it so I'll just run it.

qotd: born and raised in and around Syracuse (we moved north to a very rural area when I was about 13- graduated in a class of only 25). Upon graduation I decided I wanted to move out West, lived in Wyoming for two years and then moved to Montana- that was in 1978. Have lived all over the state over the course of 40 years, but think we're finally settled here in Helena.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Plan to do 5 after work today.

qotd: Sayville, NY (born in a hospital a few towns away), after college in the Bronx moved to a few other towns in Long Island, NY (including Brooklyn), then a 4 year say in Busan, Korea, a few towns in NJ, a move to TX, move back to NJ, move back to TX, move back to Busan, Korea and now back in TX just outside of Houston.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Good run last night on the trails of Green Lane. Took the easy side of the lake. Only did 7 miles but felt good and despite a couple of 10 mile "runs" last weekend in the GA mountains this felt like the first normal run since my 50k ten days ago. Another 7 is the plan tonight. I'll throw in some hills at Coventry Woods.

QOTD: As some obscure folks singer once said "I'm a skinny ole' boy, from Cleveland Ohio, come to drink your women and chase your beer". Born in Cleveland, grew up in Northeast OH, lived in CA (high desert and LA), Dallas/Plano TX, and finally here in southeast PA.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not running today....gm at lunch.

QOTD:

Muskegon Michigan

Traverse City Michigan

Marquette Michigan

East Lansing Michigan

San Bernardino CA

Riverside CA

Grass Valley CA-NOw...still a Michigander at heart!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

SRD. Working.  Had to jump on one of the neighboring ambulances to assist the EMT's with a call. Got to the hospital and when their crew went back out to start the ambulance it was dead .  So I got in a nap while waiting to be rescued by one of my co-workers.

QOTD: Born in southern Maryland. Spent the first 10 1/12 years in Chaptico MD. Nothing there back then but 'bacca farms, 'arsters and crabs.  I have some really good memories of mountain biking and trail running in the woods, but overall I'm glad we moved out. I find the area depressing.

Then we moved to Mt Pleasant Mills, Pa. The only town of that name in the country from what I can find and Snyder county is the only county in the country with that name.  We are special .  Lived there ever since with the exception of moving over the mountain to Middleburg for 2 years right after DW and I got hitched.  We'uns was trailer trash for about two years .  Bought my MIL's place 25 years ago and have been there ever since.

Trying to figure out where else we could move to but I can never find any property that is as cheap as ours is. Probably stay here until we die.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I've always wanted to live in the same town, but hasn't happened yet. I was

born in New Bedford, MA and have lived in: Orlando, FL Westport, MA
                            Ft. Lauderdale, FL South Dartmouth, MA New Bedford, MA Mattapoisett, MA (2) New York, NY
                            Nantucket, MA (3) Menemsha, MA Vineyard Haven, MA Edgartown, MA Oak Bluffs, MA
                            Bourne, MA Harwich, MA (2) Berlin, MA Livermore, CA (2) San Ramon, CA
                            Buzzards Bay, MA Lakeville, MA. Now live in Stony Point, NY

Didn't you do a stint in Chincoteague Island, VA for a bit with Coast Guard?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Warden- Helena montana. My daughter is moving there this fall after getting married so next summer/spring I' ll be knocking on your door for a snowshoe hike or a nice mt. run

Queen - all claims about being a Michigander are null and void after 5 years. We give a lot of shit away in this state but you got to earn that one.  Lol

jonferg67

Endless trails

Didn't you do a stint in Chincoteague Island, VA for a bit with Coast Guard?

Good eye, AT. I didn't list the places I had been, just lived. I was stationed in Ocean

City, MD but I came to Chincoteague for trainings and to be back-up heavy weather

rescue boat operator during the shitty weather. Good memory too (for a guy your age).