Trailer Trash

Another Sunny Sundailie (Read 31 times)

Marley and I enjoyed the cool early morning air on our 4 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Heading out the door to meet a running buddy for 4 miles along the creek.   I  pass the donut shop on the drive back.  Do I get donuts for the boys?  They close for much of the summer, so it might be their last chance for a bit.

qotd:  pass.  I always think of them on the trail, then draw a blank when posting.

Have a good day, folks!

muppy

5 or 6 hilly trail miles after lunch.

Do I get donuts for the boys?  They close for much of the summer, so it might be their last chance for a bit.

Just curious, why would a donut shop close for the summer?

QOTD What's your favorite doughnut?

I would have to say strawberry jelly filled with that white confectionery sugar on the  outside he gets all over your shirt.

AT-runner

Tim

Tempo run this morning for 6.25 miles.  I know the distance because it's my standard tempo road course that I haven't run in many months, and it shows.  No races until Labor Day, so looks like I have plenty of time for speed work.

QOTD:  Apple Fritters (are they technically donuts?).  Otherwise the Maple Bacon Bars at Voodoo Donuts in Portland, OR.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  I feel better this am than I thought I would- just a wee bit sore yesterday afternoon   Going to try and get a short recovery run in this afternoon/evening when we get home.

Qotd don't eat doughnuts-bagels, muffins, breakfast breads, etc you bet!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Just curious, why would a donut shop close for the summer?

QOTD What's your favorite doughnut?

I think July-August business is very slow.  And the owners are about 90, so perhaps this is their annual 'retirement'?

ended up with a little more than 5.  It was a good morning out on the trails.

qotd:  twists, preferably with cinnamon sugar, which, coincidentally, I just finished.  but glazed or chocolate frosted works too.

Occasional Runner

I had a very slow 6 mile road run this morning and then worked out at the gym for a while. I'm afraid my body was carrying the burden of too many PBR's last night. There's a very delicate balance between the perfect number of beers and way too many beers.

I'm going to grab the pup and head into the mountains for a while. I need to wash my vehicles today and do chores, so I might be in the mountains for quite a while.

QOTD: I'm also a big fan of the apple fritter.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

Ended up doing the training run for Manitou's last night.  I am heading out for a wedding in a few mins so no running today.

QOTD: Boston Cream for me please.

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning. I might get a run in later or I'll go with a SRD.

As yesterday progressed my shoulder started feeling better, I think the longer run helped. (Rhetorical question... when does a run not help?)

qotd: Bavarian cream. jamezille, not sure if that is the same as a Boston cream, we'll just have to do a taste test... :-).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Going to head out on a 20+ mile bike ride this afternoon once we've dried out from the rain last night.  (I promise someday I will stop posting so many bike rides.)

QOTD: The humble and simple cake donut.  With coffee to drunk in, of course.  That said, there aren't many donuts I would turn down.  Chocolate iced long john with a custard center are probably a runner up for me.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm going to grab the pup and head into the mountains for a while. I need to wash my vehicles today and do chores, so I might be in the mountains for quite a while.

How's that new pup of yours doing?  She's so cute!

Running is dumb.

MarkO1969

10 hilly miles this morning.  A tad more muggy than I'm used to at 64* and 68% humidity when I started at 5:15am... it was 81* by the time was done around 2 hrs. later, but humidity had dropped to 30%, so only felt a little warmer.  Anyways, it was a strong run early where I had routed myself to climb the bigger hills, but those hills toasted me for the 2nd half of the run and I actually had to take more walk breaks on the flats/downhills than I did on the earlier uphills, lol.  I love having 10 miles (or enter your LR distance here) already done before 8am on Sunday, sets the week's mileage up nicely... my last 3 weeks have been 28, 29, 28,,, so hoping to slightly increase that this week to get back into the 30's for the first time in a LONG time.

*** p.s. Today is Day 8 of eating Paleo (except for Tailwind on 90+ minute runs), so I'm assuming that had a little something to do with the lack of strength in the old quads on the 2nd half of the run also.

QOTD:  As a Paleo newbie that just got done with a 2+ hr. run, I can't tell you how awesome ANY doughnut would taste right now, lol!

Mark O.

Rocklin, CA

Occasional Runner

How's that new pup of yours doing?  She's so cute!

She's doing great! She swept a race course in Idaho with me yesterday and I was worried she overdid it, but she's back in the mountains today and is doing great. She's perfect off leash and totally ignores other runners and dogs on the trail. I couldn't ask for a better trail dog.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon trashers,

I did 19 trail miles yesterday, plan was 20 but I'm an underachiever. I'm heading

out now for something between 7-10. I got my order of Tailwind yesterday, but

after my run-I'm eager to try it out next week.

QOTD: I like the plain donut, or in some places its called the old-fashioned.

QOTD: Double chocolate of course.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida