Trailer Trash

Good Fathers Sundaily (Read 26 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning, Trailers!

The plan was for a morning run...but derailed by DD who was out all night. Hopefully it will happen this evening. Knee only a little stiff this morning.

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's.

Qotd: anything good on today's menu? I made a roasted corn and black bream salad for the dinner at my mom and dad's today. It is really quite tasty!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

6.7 hilly road miles yesterday.

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful dads!

QOTD Since my son is working all day, we went out to dinner last night for Father's Day. I had brisket, Cajun sausage, pulled pork and the best ribs I had in a long time!

Sandy-2

Made it to London today.  Just about to head out for an easy 10 miler, it's nice a cool this evening.  Gonna run along the Thames down to Greenwich and back.

My DD did a 75 mile horse ride in Pagosa Springs, CO yesterday.  It was on the southern "hills" of the San Juans.  She said it was a great ride put on by a guy who also does Ultra running, so it was very well organized with much better aid stations than "normal".  She talked quite a bit with the guy and I told her to have him add a run next year and maybe we can both do it at some point.  Here's a little fathers day story...  it turns out she rode the last 25 miles of the ride without pants. Just what every dad wants to hear....   well there was a rider with her that she said "needed them more than me, and I'll leave it at that!"  She said she wouldn't recommend riding in panties and half chaps, but she said that she wasn't really "affected" too much....   I'm such a proud Dad...   LOL.  I wrote on her FB post that I was speechless, but not surprised.

qotd: After my run I think I'll go for a pizza and a beer.  There is a good place next to the hotel where I'm staying.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's (and Grandpa's)!

going to get in a little longer run today than I normally run on Sun, about 12 miles- this is to make up a bit for yesterday's run which I was shooting for 20-ish and ended up running 17-ish

qotd: cajun fried chicken, corn marcheaux, potato salad and beans- homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert- I'm going to have to run today!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

I had a little unplanned training yesterday, running between the Washington Monument and Capitol Building and back to feed the parking meter, in dress shirt, shorts and chucks no less! I was dripping, but it was kinda fun to be the most oddly dressed runner out there... and it's nice to utilize a skill.

Long drive home yesterday, a couple hours of sleep, then 18.5mi with 2,000 ft of climbing on country roads early this morning. It was the most surprising great run I think I've ever had. I took it a little easier than usual and just felt in control the whole time and didn't feel a need for any of the fuel I brought along. It's probably what I should always be doing for long runs.

Happy Dad's day all. I got a couple of nice hand-drawn books from my girls, a project my wife engineered but as to

qotd: looks like roasted cornish hen... always a favorite, but also a function of having been on vacation and not having any other food but what little is in the freezer.

lol, Sandy is *that* what I've got coming a few years down the line? Still, it sounds like she's pretty tough!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Work early, and now getting ready to head out into the heat.

Happy Father's Day!

Sandy: sounds like a very unusual ride.  But I like your idea of adding a run - or maybe make it a ride and tie?

QOTD: blackberry pie. The kids picked a few bowls of blackberries yesterday, and we made a nice pie with them.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Sitting at work watching all the volunteer fire guys scurrying about getting ready for their carnival week. Glad I don't have to help with that.  Got in a good run up on the mountain yesterday. Ran one trail out and back. It's rocky enough that you have to watch every step. On the way out the trail was clear, on the way back up there was a nice sized pile of bear poop in the middle of the trail. Wondered if he was marking his territory .

QOTD:  I brought in a sandwich for lunch, then bought a salad for supper. After buying the salad the one local volunteer ambulance company called and said they were having a chicken barbeque. So in the interest of inter-department relations I bought some and had that for lunch.

Sandy-2

lol, Sandy is *that* what I've got coming a few years down the line? Still, it sounds like she's pretty tough!

Blargendarg:  Yup!!!  Start preparing now.... LOL.  She is pretty stubborn, I have no idea where she got that from...

FTYC:  wouldn't that be fun??  Sounds like a plan.

tbd.