Trailer Trash

Hammer Perpetuem Questions (Read 326 times)

xor

I would encourage you (all) to order directly from the Hammer Nutrition website. If you've never ordered from them, they give a 15% discount on the total order and they'll send you a ton of free stuff to try out.

It's no secret that I'm sponsored by Hammer Nutrition...but it's still solid advice. They treat their customers very well.

Um... how does one get this 15% discount and a ton of free stuff?

I've been a long time hammer user and orderer from their website.  Never gotten this discount (except the discounts at the end of the year) and have never gotten "a ton" of free stuff.  Sometimes I get a little something.

I suspect, Kelly, that you get perhaps diffferent/better treatment than others.

That said... yes, order directly from them.  Better prices usually (sometimes REI will have their stuff on sale) and you DO get an occasional random free something.

Occasional Runner

Um... how does one get this 15% discount and a ton of free stuff?

I've been a long time hammer user and orderer from their website.  Never gotten this discount (except the discounts at the end of the year) and have never gotten "a ton" of free stuff.  Sometimes I get a little something.

I suspect, Kelly, that you get perhaps diffferent/better treatment than others.

That said... yes, order directly from them.  Better prices usually (sometimes REI will have their stuff on sale) and you DO get an occasional random free something.

No, SRL. Whenever you place your INITIAL order with Hammer (this is when you establish a new client number), you'll receive the discount on that first order, along with a sampling of the majority of their most popular products. I don't know how long this promotion has been going on, but since you've been a long time customer, it's likely that you never benefitted from it. I have a promotional link on my site that announces the discount. There's no specific mention of the samples they send, but I suspect that's because the product will vary depending on current availability and marketing needs.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Lopez, I also got the discount as a first time customer, and I asked if I could have "a sample of ... to try". I got samples of the Perpetuem solids, three single-serve packages of Heed in different flavors, a package of Sustained Energy, a package of Perpetuem in a different flavor than the one I had ordered, two or three recovery/protein products, and a tube of Endurolytes Fizz. I think this was very generous, and I am by no means an outstanding runner like Kelly.

If you are a long-time customer, just ask for something you regularly order in a different flavor as a sample, or some new product, and perhaps if there are any discounts available. There should be something to value loyal customers.

Run for fun.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I'm a long time customer so no discount . Last year with one order I got a bunch of samples , the next order nothing . I have almost always gotten one additional thing with each order. I wonder if it's based on how much you spend ?

Occasional Runner

I'm a long time customer so no discount . Last year with one order I got a bunch of samples , the next order nothing . I have almost always gotten one additional thing with each order. I wonder if it's based on how much you spend ?

I think it has more to do with current marketing needs. I know that they have an overstock on a couple items right now, so they're throwing them into a lot of orders for free to generate interest. I can't say for sure, so don't quote me. But the first order is usually packed with free goodies.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

What kind of flask to you carry it in...like a 6 oz gel flask? the Hammer brand flask?  recommendations?

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I carry mine in a regular 22-24 oz. handheld bottle because I prefer to have a thin mixture and I usually have several hours worth of Perpetuem mixed up. Most guys I know tend to use the smaller bottles. Everything from 4-10oz.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I use either a 10-oz flask (for the Nathan Speed belt), or my 22-oz. handheld.

The smaller flask is a bit tricky for mixing, especially when you mix a lot of powder to get a thicker consistency, but it works, just needs a lot of hard shakes.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

I tried the orange vanilla flavor for the first time on yesterday's long run. It tasted pretty good. I used  a single serving, mixed with about 6 oz of water. I think it worked out pretty well. Now I need to order a larger container and see how think I can stand it in my 10 oz flask