Trailer Trash

Tornadic Tuesday (Read 27 times)

XtremeTaper

Yesterday's evening run was quite a slogfest but I had anticipated that and did not take a watch along to monitor it's ugliness. The hills seemed larger, the rocks more numerous and deadly, and even the flat part seemed like it was made just for jogging. I believe I even walked much of the final mile which is downhill. I suspect the 10 miles of race tempo the day before had a lot to do with it. In any case, it was a 6.5 miles in the woods with the dog so not all bad.

Today, I took LadyB out for a 5 mile dog jog on the road at lunchtime doing figure 8 loops around the neighborhood. This was probably a better run for my still slightly aching quads and in a real shocker LadyB was sort of dragging along the last mile. I suspect had I let her off the leash she would have been back to herself however.

QOTD: It varies I suppose. I had one sort of "big" race this year that being the Laurel Highlands Ultra but honestly though I trained for it and was prepared I did not have any huge lofty goals. I did stencil something in the log book beforehand. I am pretty good at hitting those "B" goals.

queen - go for Superior.. all 100 miles. It's sort of fun and pleasant and well they have mashed potatoes at the aid stations and it's Minnesota so no mountains you know.  :evil:

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen--I have done both those races you listed. No comparison at all. Do Superior. I know you want to go back to Marquette but do another event in the area and skip the Marquette race. IMHO--it sucks. Now certainly some changes have happened since I ran it such as a modest course reroute but I wouldn't want you to travel a long way to be disappointed.   Superior is incredible. As far as staying at my shack---well now that you're soon to be single anytime honey!   LOL!  The Superior races are still 4 hours from my place and Marquette is 2 hours. I will say the Grand Island trail marathon is epic and maybe that would interest you. So sadly my shack is just not really feasible for any of these.

With Mandy and Deana doing Superior, runtraildc contemplating it and Mandy can talk you into anything...  that makes it interesting....

Would like to do Marquette some day since those are my old hiking grounds...bareback..hogsback..but it sure would be hard to run up there without stopping for beers, herb, and bonfire!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄