Trailer Trash

Worn-out Wednesday (Read 31 times)

sugnim

Good morning everyone.  This has been a long week for me.  Maybe everyone else is tired too?  I got in a touch over 4 miles this morning.  It was snowing lightly and the wind was blowing cold.  Now it's sunny and calm.  Spring in western Montana is kind of bi-polar like that.

QOTD:  If you could be a different animal for 1 day, what animal would you choose and what would you want to do as that animal?

I would choose a grizzly bear and eat my way through the forest, napping here and there, and inspiring fear in those who crossed my path.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work for 24 hours so no running today. Yesterday I only got out for 4.5 miles and some of that was walking with DW. Feeling a little run down for some reason. Hope I'm not getting sick.

QOTD:  Last year when we stopped by Yellowstone I picked up a shirt that has some advice from a grizzly printed on the front. The last piece of advice is "if it itches scratch it" .  So spending my spring, summer and fall wandering the forest eating constantly, not worrying about my weight, napping when I want to, scratching when it itches, instilling fear in all around me, looking cute when I want to and sleeping through the winter sounds good to me. I'll chose grizzly too. The only problem is avoiding becoming a rug is some guys den .

With that in mind a close second would be a Golden Retriever living on a big farm with a bunch of kids, a big farm pond and plenty of space to roam.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

SRD.

Sugnim: Snow??  Sounds rough. Yesterday, I just looked atmy hyazinths and daffodils and was glad it is finally warmer!

QOTD: I would like to be one of my cats. Sitting in the warmth all day, getting fed and entertained, taking a nap every now and then, gettingcuddled by the kids - and all for free!

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still haven't run...almost made it out yesterday but just wasn't up to it.  Must run today as getting a root canal tomorrow and I am guessing I will not want to run.  I also feel worn out!

QOTD:  I would be travelling service dog where my owner takes me to different places and people pet me and play with my ears and I can feel the stress and anxiety leave their bodies. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First club track workout of the season scheduled for this eveing.

QOTD: The wolf has long been one of my favorite animals. In person, though, I'm probably as unlike a wolf as it's possible to be.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Hi Trailers!  Got in 9 miles on the biker hiker trail into DC this morning.  Kinda boring, but also easy on the mind, too.  Sometimes I just need those kind of runs and today was that day.  Spring is definitely here since I saw the cormorants on the river.   Which, funnily is my answer to today's...

qotd:  Cormorant.  A humble bird, but  one that  lives in  the oceans and freshwater rivers and lakes.  Can fly as well as swim to great depths and found on nearly every continent.    Here, they were hanging out in a tree.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all. The plan is for an hour long run on the trails of Coventry Woods with the Lady. After a week of flat and hot running in FL last week I will need to adjust to cooler temps and big hills again. Pretty nice out there though.

QOTD: Hmm. It would be too easy to say one of my dogs. So I will go with a dolphin. THey seem to have a lot of fun. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in 4.5 rocky trail miles on my way back from a work meeting.  Todays' weather was just about perfect.  Saw a turkey- first time I have on a run...surprisingly.

sugnim - snow? ewwwwww

QOTD: Either an eagle so I can soar high and effortlessly or a a running dog that plays around on trails becuase its owner likes to trail run!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Will get in 6 miles after work, bagged my planned run yesterday as we were enjoying 30+ mph wind and snow, looking much better this evening.

Qotd male African lions have it pretty good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Long day at the grind. I hate work btw. At least now DW and I have a time now set to be done with it. Though between you and me I may just push that date up a little for myself.   I consider this job to be day to day anyway...

So I am feeling really beat up from my long run Monday in the Kettle Moraine and only managed 4.2 around the hood this morning. I was feeling some issues in my hips. This really long stuff no longer holds much appeal for me. I have a couple goal events to do and then back to more enjoyable distances and runs. But until then back to a specific training run tomorrow morning. Ugh.

QOTD--Probably an eagle, bull moose, or loon within the safe confines of Quetico.  I have watched large bull elk with a harem of ladies within Rocky Mt. Nat'l park and think they have it made.