Trailer Trash

World Series Wednesdailies (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Low 70 degrees here right now. Should be nice run in the Battlefield at lunch.

I'll be very sad when Baseball ends tonight. I love the game and will be waiting patiently until next April for opening day.

QOTD:  I know a lot of you aren't sports fans, but if you are, what is your #1 favorite team (any sport, just 1)?  If not into sports, then who is your favorite actor or musician?  Washington Nationals

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is beautiful out.  No run for me in a couple days.  I just am lacking the motivation.

QOTD: I grew up in New England so I love most of the Boston teams - Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox.  Not a big hockey fan.  In a weird way I am rooting for both the Indians and the Cubs.  Both have connections back to the Red Sox and I think both teams have gone about things the right way.  So either way it goes, congrats.  But I am not watching it.  DW likes watching college volleyball.  We are taking our annual pilgrimage this Saturday to Happy Valley to watch the PSU women's team.  But this year we are taking the kids.  Hopefully they are not too bored.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I struggled to get up and run this morning. I'm glad I got up, though. I had a nice little 4.5 mile run this morning, dodging my new, smelly friend on the gravel road. I have seen this stupid skunk for the last three mornings.

I don't think I will watch the last game of the world series tonight. I think I will watch the debate with six of the US Senate race for Louisiana. David Duke actually polled high enough to get in the debate, which is beyond my ability to comprehend. It should be interesting to see how he is received by the other crooks, I mean candidates, on the stage. I already voted for someone who didn't make the cut for the debate.

QOTD: I guess I would have to say the New Orleans Saints. But I don't get mad when they lose. If I did, I would be mad a lot.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still dragging the ass out of the bed late due to darkness but at least I got up and was able to run 4 miles.  Love the colors even if they aren't the glorious ones of the Midwest and east coast.  Looked down at a thick pile of pine needles; red, yellow, brow, orange, and even green and thought that's why someone created tweed.  I think the 60s and 70s took their color theme from nature.

QOTD:  Right now I like Eric Church.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a nice 5-ish mile run last evening, hoping to get the same in this evening; running in shorts and a long sleeve in 50 degree weather is heavenly   

qotd: my alma mater the U of M Grizzlies; they've had back to back losses, but are still in the FCS top 25- if they win out (3 games to go), they'll likely be in the playoffs again (fingers crossed)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I had a very nice 7 miles on our usual hilly route at Coventry Woods last night. Colors seem to be at peak here right now. Similar distance tonight but on the green lane reservoir trails. Lunchtime today was planet of fitness.

QOTD: Anything Cleveland, but number 1 would be the Ohio State Buckeyes, football. I am sort of going crazy with the series. Playoff/World Series baseball is so much more nerve wracking to watch than any other sport when you are emotionally invested in a team. So for me today, #1 team is the Cleveland Indians. My grandfather would sometimes take me to old municipal stadium over the summer when I went to visit as a kid. It was so cool. I am sure much of America is rooting for the Cubs, but hey 108 years, 68 years.. it's the same to me... it's more than my lifetime in either case. Go Tribe!

AT - Saw your lake photo yesterday. It looks a lot like Green Lane reservoir, in terms of low water. I've never seen it that low either.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I seem to be running after work these days, maybe it's what Queen said, too dark in the morning.

qord: I've lived in a lot of places and followed a lot of local teams, but if I have to pick only one, I'd have to go all the way back to when I was a kid growing up in burbs of NYC, the Yankees.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. I got two long naps last night at work in between calls. My damn partner won't nap anymore while at work, long story that I won't get into here, so this morning we had a late call and got back to the station two hours after normal quitting time. On the way to and from the hospital she was driving like a drunk she was sooooo tired .  If I can sleep I do so I don't have to worry about driving or making a mistake while treating a patient because I'm too tired. Anyway, I came home and went to sleep with a bulldozer working right outside my window. The electric company is putting a new mid-sized power line behind our house and is improving the lane through my field for better access.

Might get in another 4 miles after I mow the lawn. Then again, maybe it will be a rest day. The legs are slowly starting to recover from Sunday's effort.

QOTD:  My #1 favorite team is whichever college football team is playing Penn State.  I hate Penn State football. It's the result of growing up in an area that worshiped the team and it's longtime coach. To not participate in the worship meant getting picked on and hated in school.

As for my favorite team, that's a little more complicated. I don't really follow any one team in any sport. I tend to follow certain players and root for them to have a good game/career.  I've always liked Drew Brees so I've followed him.  Then there are players like Julian Edelman who was a QB that switched positions to keep playing the game.  A couple of years ago I didn't really pay attention to Terrelle Pryor, but then he made the switch from QB to WR to try to extend his career so I've been following him the last two years. The one local university, Bucknell, had a really good basketball player several years ago that actually got drafted and has managed to stay in the NBA as a bench player for the Atlanta Hawks and I try to keep up with what he's doing.  A few other players that I follow as well, those are just a few examples.

I'm kind of rooting for the Cubs tonight but don't really care too much if the Indians win.

some call me Tim

Finally got back to it with another 5 miler. Afterward, sore again. This is f'ed up. I really need to get on the foam roller though, and see if it makes a difference. Meanwhile, I'm about to tackle another 50k with, I dunno, probably 50 miles over the course of a month in between these two events.... should be interesting. I've never tried anything like this before. Sure I won't be 100%, but despite the weird soreness, the efforts have steadily been getting easier.

qotd: I've never really followed any sport aside from hockey, and I'm still mad at the NHL for those few times they left me high and dry - no season at all. But yeah, in my heart of hearts I guess I'll always be a Buffalo Sabres fan. Got to meet some of the guys from the team when I was little and playing in house leagues and it made a big impression.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

qotd: being after the fact some may question this as one more jumping on the band wagon, but my favorite is the Cubs. Hank Sauer was still playing when I started rooting for them. I never changed allegiance when I moved to the Philly area 40 years ago.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.