Trailer Trash

Ark building Friday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

More rain. And then thunderstorms later.  Not a great forecast for a run, but this has been our weather for almost 3 weeks now.  I'll get in an easy 4 later, probably on the paved biker-hiker trail as the real trails are underwater or just straight up quicksand/mud. No need to do more damage.

qotd: weekend plans? Nothing exciting for me. Swim meet early tomorrow, DH then has a funeral to attend (coworker, diagnosed stage 4 lung cancer, died 10 days later). And some housework to prep for family visiting next week. I'll fit a run or two in there, but nothing big.

muppy

6.2 trail miles last night.

QOTD Nothing exciting for me, just working and running. I need a few easy days from life, it's been a very busy and draining  week.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5.5 with the mutts this morning..Earl was on a good scent but we had to go right and the scent went left.  He spent a good minute barking and howling at me for not going the right way.   We wanted to see Bob because he carries treats for them..we didn't see him but I figured he heard Bob.

QOTD:  We were going to go to the River tomorrow to absorb the sun but after an 80 workweek temps are dipping to 66 tomorrow  so probably get the garden ready, put some plants in, fill dog holes I have yet to do, long run with group.

RuntrailDC:  Couldn't image being told I have cancer and they die 10 days later...

Muppy:  I get that...needing a break from life.   hang in there...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All (actually afternoon for some)!

going to get 5-ish this evening, weather is almost perfect for running, overcast and in the middle 50's

qotd: my Bob Marshall partner and I are going to get a tough 20-25 mile route in tomorrow with our packs fully loaded, probably our last dry run before the event.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rain rain go away....

Gym last night was good.  I deserve a break so nothing tonight.  Tomorrow maybe an early morning run.

QOTD: Stuff around the house, DS soccer game, maybe install a ceiling fan in the bedroom, cookout at neighbors Sat night, and maybe some running. So nothing special.

Have a great weekend! (go Keystone!!)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

DW's birthday was today so we went down to Lancaster County to Shady Maple for breakfast.  It's a large restaurant that has a huge smorgasbord. Breakfast there is always pretty good and not terribly expensive and it's free on your birthday . I didn't really overeat, but I'm still feeling like the Thanksgiving turkey .  Guess I'll head out in a little  bit and waddle around the neighborhood for 7-8 miles.  Yesterday's run was really slow because I ended up running and walking with DS and then DW toward the end.

QOTD: Have some chores to do around the house. Need to catch up on some of my professional certifications.  I'd like to get working on my pick up restoration project that I started last fall and has been stalled for the past three months.  Really want to get in about 10 miles tomorrow up on the mountain and 13-15 on Sunday. That kind of depends on how cold the weather gets.

NHLA

6 miles this morning. A huge tree just missed neighbors house.  Tree snapped off above the ground. That was some storm.

qotd  headed to OsKar Blues brewery with DW.  Weather is beautiful now.  Can't wait to get on the trails sat & sun

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 2.2 miles to loosen up and hopefully be ready to run well tomorrow. Heading to a pre-race dinner tonight and packet pickup.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

Cradle to Grave 30k trail race sat.  This is one tough course.

Sandy-2

No need for an ark here.  This is the view out my apartment today, very clear and nice. Although maybe that little thing out there might do nicely.

I did 15 miles, felt pretty good, but near the end I was getting a little tired, could feel that I had an easy 2 weeks running-wise.

qotd: just some running, going to a friends house for dinner and then tomorrow we may go to a temple.  It's Buddha's birthday and they have lots of colorful lanterns hanging up.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL