Trailer Trash

Just Another Manic Mondaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

No run today, but plan on a power walk tonight either outside or on TM.  Maybe a long run tomorrow or not. Still not sure, but may run naked Bavarian race this weekend. Weather is deciding factor, as Blue Marsh and mud don't get along (been there done that).

QOTD: Heard "Just Another Manic Monday" on radio as I was pulling into the office and now can't get it out of my head. Do you get "ear worms" often?  I do all the time, usually the last or second to last song I hear will get stuck in my head for a while. Sometimes can get pretty maddening, like the time I was singing Abba's SOS for 20 miles.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Drove 1,000 miles from FL to PA yesterday so no run. Only two minor delays, a smart detour around bridge construction in SC (saw the signs and the backup and wisely exited I95 briefly) and some stop and go south of DC just before the express lanes. We did hit a rather choice rest area in NC. The first one when you cross the state line on I95 northbound. There was a little reservoir that you could walk around. I estimate it might have been a 1/2 mile around? It was definitely long than a standard 400m track. We (meaning me and the dogs) stretched our legs there. I did think about lacing up my trail shoes and running around the thing a few times but SirB was with me and his running days are over.

Today. I'd like to get a run in after work, 4-5 miles. Maybe hit the local trail or Coventry Woods.

QOTD: Yes. I get them every so often. I had one last week but now can't remember it. My advice. Play some Zeppelin to clear your ear.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

little warmer today, plan on 4-ish miles after work

qotd: quite often- agreed- get some Zeppelin to clear things out 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 miles on the cement but along the beach...felt like 20!!!  In PV but back home work was called off due to 6 inches of snow!

qotd:  all the time and usually only one line from the song over and over and ocer!  Currently have a country song stuck there.  Like the Led idea..I’ll run with music tomorrow,

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Yeah, a nor easter on Thurs/Fri to soften things up real nice.  I'm on the fence for the race as well.

XT - That's a shit load of driving miles in a day.

I may go out for a few miles this evening.  Legs don't feel like total crap today, so TBD.

QOTD - Never really been a problem for me.  But then again in my college years, we had (Philly) 93.3. WMMR playing 24/7, so I may have Zeppelin permanently implanted in my head.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Yes. I get them every so often. I had one last week but now can't remember it. My advice. Play some Zeppelin to clear your ear.

When I  was in HS, a station in DC (DC101, I think) used to play Zeppelin every night a 5:00 Called it Zepplin-O'Clock.

I've had "Whole Lotta Love" stuck in my head before, including the guitar riffs.

On a similar note, if you've never seen "It Might Get Loud", I'd highly recommend it. A documentary about guitar players, Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White. I think it's still on Netflix.

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today.

Saw Black Panther yesterday, really liked the car chase scenes filmed in Busan, saw some of my old stomping grounds.  There were a few shots that included the buildings where I lived in the background and some of the restaurants and bars we would go to.  Never saw people surfing on cars while we were there though.

qotd: What to do if you get a Led Zeppelin tune stuck in your head?   "It's been a long time since I rock and rolled..."

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

No Run today (again)

QOTD:  I always get earworms..  Beware trying to sing a different song to clear the old one. though...

I once had the "Yodelling song" from Sound of Music stuck in my head during a race (its nearly 180 BPM, perfect running song)....  Tried to clear it out using a variety of songs but none worked.  Finally tried "Give it away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers,  and instead of clearing the song, they merged to create a new, horriblly twisted mix.   Yodell ay hee ( giveitaway giveitaway giveitaway now ) Yodell ay hee ( giveitaway giveitaway giveitaway now )

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

GC100k

5 miles around sunrise this morning.

Last night at the gym, I was done with my lifting and was waiting for my son to finish, and I jumped on an exercise bike that has a big bright monitor in front and you can do various courses with steering and gear shifting. It was kinda addicting. I finished and a screen popped up with a leaderboard of lap times. My lap was 12 minutes and the leader's was under 6 minutes. Tomorrow I'm gonna log in and see if I can get under 10 minutes. Then next time, ?. It'll keep track of my progress.  I may have found a new challenge.

When I  was in HS, a station in DC (DC101, I think) used to play Zeppelin every night a 5:00 Called it Zepplin-O'Clock.

I've had "Whole Lotta Love" stuck in my head before, including the guitar riffs.

On a similar note, if you've never seen "It Might Get Loud", I'd highly recommend it. A documentary about guitar players, Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White. I think it's still on Netflix.

"It Might Get Loud" was good. I'm a guitarist and enjoyed it.

Every time I hear Zeppelin, it brings on a dreary feeling of being 14 years old, crammed in the back seat of some older kid's car, driving around who knows where at 2 AM in a Wisconsin winter, trying to stay awake and wondering when and if I'll ever get home.

runtraildc

AFter the rain finally cleared got in just under 4 miles in Rock Creek. We (meaning me, my friend and her lab mix) stuck to the high trails thinking we could miss a lot of the mud. I couldn't have been more wrong. I don't like running mud, mostly because it wrecks the trails so I'll stay out of the park for this week, hoping things dry out.

I don't think I'll run today-- I feel tired for no good reason so I think I'll listen to my body.

qotd: almost never. I cannot think of the last time I listened to music. Mostly on the treadmill or rower, so it's been a while. That limits my exposure to potential ear worms.

Gator eye

Jbyram- I sure your story is going to give me nightmares tonight. I can almost hear it now in my head

we did 4 this morning

QOTD: there is always something banging around in my head

AT-runner

Tim

No Run today (again)

QOTD:  I always get earworms..  Beware trying to sing a different song to clear the old one. though...

I once had the "Yodelling song" from Sound of Music stuck in my head during a race (its nearly 180 BPM, perfect running song)....  Tried to clear it out using a variety of songs but none worked.  Finally tried "Give it away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers,  and instead of clearing the song, they merged to create a new, horriblly twisted mix.   Yodell ay hee ( giveitaway giveitaway giveitaway now ) Yodell ay hee ( giveitaway giveitaway giveitaway now )

Yikes! That's worse than Abba.

DC- No music. Wow. Not even in the car?  We're a musical family and DW can sing the lyrics to every song ever written since 1971 (only a slight exaggeration). We have music playing in the house almost all the time. "Alexa, play classic rock" is one of our favorite lines in our house.

Sandy - haven't seen Black Panther yet, but hope to this week.  A friend, who's African American, said "about time we had a black superhero movie". I said "what about Cat Women". and he said "I mean a good one".

NorthernHarrier

Beautiful day around here. Just finished a nice 16 miler on the roads. Did an easy trail run last night that was more than icy. First time this year I wore the micro spikes as screw shoes have gotten me thru to this point. I think spring may happen yet, the trails will dry out, and life will once again be grand.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be 55F so I'm busting out the road bike and you know--ride.

QOTD--sometimes but usually I'm just listening to my voices.

Daydreamer1

Just trying to get some paint to hurry up and dry. When that occurs I'll apply the second coat and head out for a run. 5-7 miles on the road.

QOTD: The past few days Reba's voice has been bouncing around in my head.

♫ ♪  So what are we doin' with the windows rolled down
                              Twenty five passionate miles from town
                              I love her like a sister baby but to tell the truth
                              I'd rather ride around with you   ♩♬

Some times runs get rather interesting when I have two tunes competing.  Like some a capella Christian song  and one of Dr Hooks stoner songs like "I got stoned and I missed it" .

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.5 miles in the wonderful sun. So nice and warm!

XT: Wow, I wish I could drive 1,000 miles in one day. That is huge! I did some over 800 in a day last summer, also driving from PA to FL for vacation with the kids. Funniest thing was the GPS, which was telling me at one time to "stay on this highway for the next 897 miles".

We did not do that, though, we went on some fun detour through the countryside.

Sandy: I have some great co-workers, we hear Led Zeppelin at work almost every day. So far, I have not succeeded in "running it off".

QOTD: I often get ear worms, also while running. It distracts me, and I even can "play playlists" in my head. I use it to pace myself, or to motivate me. It has helped me through some long distances, but when a run gets really tough, I rather resort to motivating thoughts without music. What gets annoying at times is when I either remember only a certain phrase of a song and hear it over and over, or when I can't remember the lyrics correctly, or at all. I usually then make up some funny lyrics myself.

Run for fun.