Trailer Trash

Monday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

No sassy title to the daily today.  If someone can come up with a short  way to say 'oh please, let's have this election over with', please edit.

So let's stick to running talk.  I got in 6 miles last night on the paved trail, after I bailed on my l trail fatass 10k in the morning.  Woke up very unmotivated and couldn't get myself out the door.  So plan B still went well , but I had that skipped run hanging over my head all day.  And the posted pictures were beautiful. Oh well, next time.

Blarg- sorry to hear about your race on Saturday.

qotd: Least favorite household chore? And how do you avoid having to do it?  Mine is emptying the dishwasher. Filling is ok, actually satisfying, but I detest emptying it. As soon as my kids were near old enough to help, it went on the chore list. We eat a lot at home so it's relentless.  And thinking about it, I don't remember having seen DH empty it ever.  hmmm.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran this morning.  First time in a week.  It...was...good.  I think I may try again tomorrow.  I really need to get back to the gym though.

Is tomorrow a big day or something? People keep talking about like it is so important.  DS1 even has off school.  

blarg - sorry about your race on Sat.  Hope you get it figured out soon.  Do you think it is enough yet to pay the doc a visit?

QOTD: Cleaning.  Because i do not live up to DW's cleaning standards, I try and not clean at all - except the garage or the yard or the basement , then I feel like those are "my areas".

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

I think a rest day for me today, big cutback this week, to see if I can get this knee thing to settle down. I did manage 10 slow ones at Fair Hill yesterday, and then a goof off 8 miles with the Lady up at Neversink Mountain up above Reading PA on Saturday. Fall foliage photo day.

QOTD: Yes, dishwasher emptying for some reason seems tedious and annoying. Especially the silverware bit.

The Lady at Witch's Hat Pavilion

https://im1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/005015473810/media/112325123331/medium/1478385184/enhance

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

runtraildc, I also slept in yesterday morning and didn't run with the gang.  Unlike you though, I didn't run later on, just skipped it altogether. (Although I spent the day doing bathroom remodel stuff instead - cross training?)  I'm planning to do a rare 5 mile Monday run after work though.

Blarg - bummer about Saturday.

qotd: For some reason taking out the garbage and recycling are a pain right now.  We don't generate a lot but it seems like every other day evening I'm taking something out to the curb.  It doesn't help that I do it after dinner in the evening when I'd rather be winding down reading or watching the tube.

tbd.

muppy

Went to the track to work on my speed, did a ladder workout for 8 miles.

QOTD I  don't mind  doing the daily chores.  I really hate doing the big jobs such as cleaning out the garage so she can get her car in there.

AT-runner

Tim

Skipped my run yesterday, which is very rare, but wasn't feeling like running since I have a lot of projects going on right now.  Stayed in and cleaned out some closets instead. 

QOTD:  See above.  DW and I like to host a lot of parties, and when we do a fast clean-up we have a really bad habit of stuffing crap in a closet and forgetting about it.  One closet in out living room had not been touched for a long time. I ended up "finding" 9 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper, an iPod from 2 years ago, 2 vice grip pliers that I thought I had lost, my favorite rain jacket, etc.   Now we can walk in the closet again (until the Holidays, at least).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I took a rest day today. I had a pretty good week last week and through yesterday in the running portion of my life. Yesterday I also played monkey by swinging on limbs and trimming a couple of trees that have gotten too big, so I was tired.

QOTD: Folding clothes is something that I can't stand to do.

LB2

Daydreamer1

It's been a long weekend. Four days in a row of working and getting out late to boot. So I came home dead tired and needed to get a nap before heading back in for another eight hours. Then I woke up to the sound of chainsaws and crashing trees .  Found some loggers on the back side of the woods behind my house cutting trees.  I own most of the woods, my neighbor only a small strip. Had to go down and chat with the logger to make sure the proper trees were marked and they weren't getting onto my property.  I don't really trust my neighbor with property issues.

But anyway, it's back to the slave ship for another 8 hours so no running, or working out for me today.

QOTD: Putting away the clean laundry doing minor clean up jobs. The laundry I just stuff into drawers unfolded.  The minor cleaning jobs tend to be put off and grow into major cleaning jobs. When I get sick of the mess then I just start throwing things out. When it's still a small job I hate to throw stuff out for some reason.