Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 29 times)

Marley and I enjoyed the cool morning air on our 4 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Got 6 planned for later, during the kiddos swim practice.  It's a gorgeous day here, after a week of rain and gloom.   I should be ending up near dark so it might be a good idea to recharge the headlamp soon.

qotd:  plans for the weekend?  Well, it's going to be very windy, so we may schedule a bit around DS and his kitesurfing.  But that's ok, because most of his best launch sites are by trails.  It's a win-win a lot of the time.  And a friend is having his annual oyster roast on Saturday.  There's always good beer and I like oysters, especially right off the grill.

Good luck to all the racers!

AT-runner

Tim

Taking the afternoon off and heading down to Chincoteague Island for the weekend.  DW and I will get a long flat run in either tomorrow or Sunday.  Weather looks nice, so hopefully I'll be bundled up and siting in a chair on the beach while reading a good book.

runtraildc - I stated coaching swimming again.  I had "retired" from coaching after XC season last year, but that didn't last too long.  One of my former swimmers is coaching and needed some technique help for the kids, so I'm volunteering 2 nights a week now.  Good group of kids and I didn't realize how much I missed working with swimmers.  Should be fun.

QOTD:  See above.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good luck to all the racers and pacers.

Hey, where is Marie?  Hope she is ok.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

TT: glad you and Marley had a great time.

Runtraildc: sounds like a fun weekend. I think we all would like to join you tonight at you neighbor's. Sounds fun.

I plan 18 tonight. Can hardly wait.

Qotd: as much running as I can fit in. Hoping to go to run a new 16 mile loop on Sunday.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Feeling a little tired and partially sick for some reason. Instead of a run I'm heading out on a nice bike ride to enjoy some fall colors. Probably get in at lest 30 miles.

runtraildc -- Oysters sound great!!! Now what was that address?

AT - Have fun down at Chincoteague. It's been years since we've been to the shore. Talking about going down next year sometime.  I'm a little concerned about Marie too. It's not often she goes this long without posting.

QOTD: Work tonight. Muzzleloader deer season is in tomorrow so I'll spend the afternoon chasing venison. Since they seem to be smarter and faster then me they will most likely win. Sunday we have a lot of church functions so that will keep us busy.

Gator eye

After 3 days off, we went for 7 this morning on leaf covered roads. It was very enjoyable

QOTD: I need to rebuild a pasture fence for the cows and cut more fire wood. Winters a comin.

DigDug2

First day running after 4 recovery days.  Did an easy 4.5 on road/rail trails - legs felt fine, hips felt a little stiff.

QOTD:  kids' soccer games, and lots of fall stuff around the house to take care of.  Couple of short runs.

Have a good weekend, all.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Keeping with the pursuit to be happy...I decided to run as many stop signs as I could this morning...ran 3; than this girl in a bug forced me to stop at the fourth...when we hit the fifth I thought I would have to stop since the bug was in front of me still, but no she ran that stop sign so I did too!!  Dumb fun! Don't worry no lives were put at risk....

Last night's run was out of this world; as in when I left I was a pissed off rejected wife...when I got back I felt great!!!  A good 20 minutes of that run was in the dark.

Have stuff to run 5 at lunch...

QOTD:  Seeing Fury tonight, then Mt Biking tomorrow with the FH (think opposite of DH).  Sunday going to the city, FH thinks I should get a dog to replace him I guess...probably a better fit.  Then I'm going to have him buy me a really nice camera  and a Costco stop to load me up with groceries.  Isn't guilt grand??

runtraildc:  That  sounds like a good weekend especially the oyster bake.

AT: That sounds pretty good too...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

No run yesterday, but I got a nice kettlebell workout in.  I've put on about 10 lbs of muscle since I started working out with them...almost ready to move up to a 24 kg kettlebell (started with 12 kg).  I plan on getting a run in today to see how my foot is feeling.

QOTD: My freshman roommate from college is getting married this weekend in upstate New York.  I'm going to try and weasel some trail time out of the deal, but it's not looking promising.

**Ask me about streaking**

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all... 7 miles on the rocky, south side of green lane last night. Nice evening. A few photographers were out trying to catch photos of the fall foliage on the opposite side of the lake. The north side gets most of the evening sun and the trees sort of pop this time of year and reflect down into the lake as well. One of the photographers was stationed at LadyB's regular water stop and of course she went down the bank to cool off and get a drink. He snapped a few photos of her slurping away.

Today was just a lunchtime road run of 8 miles looping into town and back. There was a tree down across the road just outside my neighborhood coming back, stopping a few cars including the mail lady. Some dude and I managed to drag it out of the way. Yay for my civic duty.

QOTD: I might jump into a local 10 mile trail race on Sunday, the Evansburg Challenge. THis was my first trail race 11 years ago. Might be interesting to see how I do. The trails there are relatively tame, but there are two wide shallow creek crossings. So that, watch some college/NFL games, mow the yard and the leaves, walk and/or run the dogs.

Queen - Glad you are getting some runs in now. FH... classic.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

Ke. ing with the pursuit to be happy...I decided to run as many stop signs as I could this morning...ran 3; than this girl in a bug forced me to stop at the fourth...when we hit the fifth I thought I would have to stop since the bug was in front of me still, but no she ran that stop sign so I did too!!  Dumb fun! Don't worry no lives were put at risk....

Last night's run was out of this world; as in when I left I was a pissed off rejected wife...when I got back I felt great!!!  A good 20 minutes of that run was in the dark.

Have stuff to run 5 at lunch...

QOTD:  Seeing Fury tonight, then Mt Biking tomorrow with the FH (think opposite of DH).  Sunday going to the city, FH thinks I should get a dog to replace him I guess...probably a better fit.  Then I'm going to have him buy me a really nice camera  and a Costco stop to load me up with groceries.  Isn't guilt grand??

runtraildc:  That  sounds like a good weekend especially the oyster bake.

AT: That sounds pretty good too...

my ex  Never did that for me! He just left me with all the credit card debt! Why do u ride bikes with him and stuff? B@stard...sorry! Flash back to my now ex. Just to tell u...what goes around comes around. My ex's gf ended up sending him to prison for two years.

How old are your kids? Are they doing ok?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

my ex  Never did that for me! He just left me with all the credit card debt! Why do u ride bikes with him and stuff? B@stard...sorry! Flash back to my now ex. Just to tell u...what goes around comes around. My ex's gf ended up sending him to prison for two years.

How old are your kids? Are they doing ok?

I guess we are "uncoupling" as breaking up slowly so we remain cool with each other as we unravel assets.   We've been together 22 years hard to just turn around and hate the guy.  ..We don't have kids but have a dog Earl, he doesn't know yet as nothing has really changed in his world.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue- tough gig, feel for you; keep running as it sounds like it definitely is helping

strength training this evening

qotd: sight rifle in tomorrow am (elk season opens next weekend), long run of 18-20 miles tomorrow, Sunday hoping for a day hike in the Madisons

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'm currently on the Korean resort island of Jeju Do. Got up and did 10 miles this morning. Ran along a marked trail but still manged a few wrong turns. Overall a nice cool morning and a great run. I was feeling like I was fighting a cold but by the time my run was over it was gone. I would have loved to have run up to the top of the volcano but didn't have tie.

Then had to attend a meeting, which was just an excuse to play golf. Played one of the nicest courses ever.  You haven't played golf until you attended an Asian golf outing.  Now we're off to dinner.

Sue, hang in there.

qotd: see above.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I guess we are "uncoupling" as breaking up slowly so we remain cool with each other as we unravel assets.   We've been together 22 years hard to just turn around and hate the guy.  ..We don't have kids but have a dog Earl, he doesn't know yet as nothing has really changed in his world.

Sue, Earl better be going with you.  That's all I have to say about that.

Running is dumb.